Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Author Topic: SPIN WARS EPISODE V: call for videos  (Read 25724 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2018, 04:01:16 AM »

Ya, um, wtf!! I guess all that hangin out in the corner has paid off!!! You can stop all that humble $h1t now, you’re technique is becoming as developed, and is as unique, as anyone. So impressed!!! Point, point, POINT!!!!

Thank you, Gumby!  Haha, I believe my corner is working, lol.  Believe it or not, I was hoping that you would enter into the Spin Wars too since you're one of the first to inspire me to spin.  You're too kind and have a point back!!!

I just watched it. f***ing awesome stuff, bro. I don't think you messed anything up.

Thanks SFD.  I was spinning for over an hour and took a deep breath and just did it. 

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2018, 04:31:36 AM »

This is my first year entering into the Spin wars and I'm a bit nervous since I'm really new to this.  I'm normally not nervous towards anything but everyone is really talented and to be able to spin along side those that I look up to is an honor and a blessing.  I rather not mess anything up.

Looks great to me Infinit, very talented yourself, I love the masters stuff, but i rally like seeing new people show off their passions.

And Taegin Amazing stuff and in the snow so scenic, how you do those throws! Looks brilliant man!

Keep it up everyone can't wait to see the finished product!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2018, 05:57:44 AM »

Infinite has worked so hard to make this entry in the Spin Wars and I think all that work was totally worth it!  Great job!  I'm glad I was able to contribute to your learning!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2018, 08:22:37 AM »

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm nowhere near as good as Sam, Cephalus, Ryan, Venturous or Elwood, but there are a few things I can do well. Again, it means a lot.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2018, 08:33:43 AM »

Is there a shortest clip prize? Best I could do considering I waited until the last minute, haven't really been practicing and didn't warm up. Sorry its so dark and hard to see too. For next year I'm going to remember to start filming earlier (like starting tomorrow), and force myself to include all the moves I intended to, but forgot once I hit record and just kind of started repeating a few moves over and over...

Darth Silenoz. Darkside.
Shouts out to everyone that's been participating, watching and supporting. And an extra special shout out to Darth Cephalus for putting this all together for us.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqR7WuJpaOU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2018, 12:48:55 PM »

Well done, Infinite and Silenoz!!😄🤙🏻  So glad you both got in on this!!  Keep those bids coming, both of you!

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2018, 01:29:41 PM »

Looks great to me Infinit, very talented yourself, I love the masters stuff, but i rally like seeing new people show off their passions.

And Taegin Amazing stuff and in the snow so scenic, how you do those throws! Looks brilliant man!

Keep it up everyone can't wait to see the finished product!

Thank you, LSG. I have a great community that continues to side and support me in my on going journey within this art. 

Infinite has worked so hard to make this entry in the Spin Wars and I think all that work was totally worth it!  Great job!  I'm glad I was able to contribute to your learning!

Thank you, Samhain. I learned a lot from you and I know that I’ll continue to learn more.  It’s people like Master Elwood, yourself, DS, Master Ventuorous, Master Resolute and a few others that has aided me with teaching me a new move, using techniques to help tighten up, and words of encouragement to keep going. I am forever grateful   Cheesy

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm nowhere near as good as Sam, Cephalus, Ryan, Venturous or Elwood, but there are a few things I can do well. Again, it means a lot.

Taegin, I hope to see more videos from you. You are definitely very talented and you have quite a few signature moves. You’ve made a fan out of me and I hope to see more of your incredible work

Is there a shortest clip prize? Best I could do considering I waited until the last minute, haven't really been practicing and didn't warm up. Sorry its so dark and hard to see too. For next year I'm going to remember to start filming earlier (like starting tomorrow), and force myself to include all the moves I intended to, but forgot once I hit record and just kind of started repeating a few moves over and over...

Darth Silenoz. Darkside.
Shouts out to everyone that's been participating, watching and supporting. And an extra special shout out to Darth Cephalus for putting this all together for us.
Sorry...

DS. I’m glad that you joined the Spin Wars this year since you’re one of the first who got me started into this art. Short video or not, I can tell that you’re highly skilled with the saber and your transitions are impeccable. I do hope to see more of your videos since I can see you at the top of the list of best spinners

Thank you Master Elwood for your kind words and for taking me under your wing without a thought. Your continuous support and eagerness to teach me and get my form and flow to better suit my style has been one of the greatest motivators since I started. Thank you again! I know I speak for DS as well when I say this, we wouldn’t be part of this if it weren’t for you

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2018, 08:25:34 AM »

Darth Silenoz. Darkside.
Sorry...

I'm glad you joined in!  I know you're going through a lot right now.  I'm excited you got out and recorded this!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2018, 05:31:00 PM »

I'm glad you joined in!  I know you're going through a lot right now.  I'm excited you got out and recorded this!

That's what this community is all about, coming together and sharing our love for the art and encouraging each other.

And that's coming from one of the spinning legends himself, Darth Silenoz!

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2018, 05:36:40 PM »

This is my first year entering into the Spin wars and I'm a bit nervous since I'm really new to this.  I'm normally not nervous towards anything but everyone is really talented and to be able to spin along side those that I look up to is an honor and a blessing.  I rather not mess anything up.

awesome bro looks incredible and so clean point

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2018, 05:50:41 PM »

Thank you Master Graestar, Infinit01 and Sam.

Infinit01, I might have had a hand in helping you get into this, but it was your enthusiasm that in turn got me back into it, and your dedication inspires me every day to be better and work harder, not only at spinning, but in life in general. Thank you brother.

Just so every one knows, if it weren't for Infinit01 in particular I wouldn't have ended up posting anything. And that's not just because he threatened to post my video FOR me. Cheesy It's because of how much he just wants everyone involved and having as much fun as he is with this incredible art form we've all come to love and share with each other.

And that's coming from one of the spinning legends himself, Darth Silenoz!

You gotta stop with that stuff though. That's just going WAY over board, for real. Cheesy

Taegin posting a video out of nowhere like a frickin' boss helped motivate me QUITE a bit too. So thanks to you too kid. Grin

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2018, 06:18:46 PM »

awesome bro looks incredible and so clean point

Thank you Jaymes, just been training

Thank you Master Graestar, Infinit01 and Sam.

Infinit01, I might have had a hand in helping you get into this, but it was your enthusiasm that in turn got me back into it, and your dedication inspires me every day to be better and work harder, not only at spinning, but in life in general. Thank you brother.

Just so every one knows, if it weren't for Infinit01 in particular I wouldn't have ended up posting anything. And that's not just because he threatened to post my video FOR me. Cheesy It's because of how much he just wants everyone involved and having as much fun as he is with this incredible art form we've all come to love and share with each other.

You gotta stop with that stuff though. That's just going WAY over board, for real. Cheesy

Taegin posting a video out of nowhere like a frickin' boss helped motivate me QUITE a bit too. So thanks to you too kid. Grin

You're welcome, DS.  Just talking to you about spinning got me on the right track, you did point me in the right direction and taught me the clock spin which is awesome, btw.

Lol, it wasn't a threat per-say, but more of an "honorary encouragement".  You got the work done and I didn't want to see it go to waste especially since you're been practicing and getting back into spinning.  Plus, I wanted to see the hand roll with the FO blade. 

Yes indeed, Taegin"s phenomenal performance definitely got me going too

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2018, 08:42:04 PM »

That was just grand. You always talk like you aren't that great a spinner, but what I just saw there was beautiful. Glad that you joined in.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2018, 10:30:18 PM »

That was just grand. You always talk like you aren't that great a spinner, but what I just saw there was beautiful. Glad that you joined in.

Exactly!  I was telling DS that none of us thinks the same way he thinks about his spinning.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2018, 11:22:13 PM »

Thank you, Taegin. That really means a lot to me coming from you. And not just because you killed it yourself, I've always just liked the way you think. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: