Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Assassins Creed Origins  (Read 7769 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2018, 12:42:36 AM »

That's what she said!  Cheesy

Buahahahahahaha.  As always, you have a knack of making me laugh. Thank you my friend

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2018, 01:33:46 AM »

I did the "free" games on PS Plus for a couple years, since I had to have Plus to play Battlefront online. Roll Eyes So, there were two games each month, one you could supposedly keep forever and one that you got to keep as long as you had Plus. It was all lies. Once I let my subscription lag, none of the games were still in my library.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2018, 01:36:05 AM »

With Xbox, you have three free games a month and you just download them which is yours forever as long as you have the Xbox Live Gold membership. Even after you stop your yearly subscription, it's yours

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2018, 01:52:41 AM »

Like I said, that was how it was supposed to work on PS Plus too, it would say on the sales page which game you could allegedly keep. In reality, I got to keep none of them. I hate being lied to like that. It also left a giant mess on my HD that I had to clean up.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2018, 03:17:04 AM »

Buying it tomorrow. Anyone played it? How does it compare to other games in the franchise?

I am completing the last DLC right now - It's really good much less linear than others, if you're into history its really cool to see how they've done the difference cities (greek, Egyptian and roman) and how they live alongside the ruins of prior ages which is something you don't really think of but makes sense considering egypts long history. 

Game play on PS4 i use the secondary control setting (Square is attack) really didn't like the default.  Combat is a lot like Batman Arkam games in my opinion or Shadow of Mordor. The side quests are a bit samey and the map is huge and takes ages to do all the location quests if you so choose, but if you're into exploring you'll love it.

Story line is OK, some missed opportunities but solid enough the actually missions...I'm of two minds a lot are quit simple and things from the prior games like eavesdropping and following people staying hidden are gone - admittedly i hated some of those sections in prior games as they could be unforgiving for small slip ups, but their complete absence is a bit jarring and would've added variety. Still overall its enjoyable but a lot more hack and slash than stealth - you can try stealth but there is no incetive to do so in a lot of cases.

MY tip is to explore around a lot and do location objectives and side quests in a couple of regions and build up your level and equipment so you find story missions and further exploration easier and don't get caught overwhelmed.  the main character is alright, seems a bit flat at times but he grows on you and builds depth if you do the side quests especially re the astrology circles to build his back story.  There are also some cool little secret things about the place to find, and exploring tombs is ok but not tomb raider cool.

So far i've completed entire main map and Hidden ones DLC and finishing of curse of the Pharaohs, I've played it more like Skyrim or Morrowind than assassins creed cause i really like wandering around and checking out the ruins and cities and landscapes, as well as how they've done the NPCs going about their business - its a great game but don't expect something like Syndicate (which i really enjoyed especially for the optional ways in on main missions...and you know thought Evie was a pretty awesome character), bt for what it is i think it does it well and can be highly enjoyable if as i've said you can get into just checking out the way they've recreated Egypt of that era with real quotes from Egyptian texts, the religious processions that wander to the innumerbale temples and workers in the fields.   

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2018, 01:19:31 PM »

My first negative of the game, and it's something I've consistently not liked with virtually all games in the AC franchise: the map. It is a little difficult to read/see all the elements on. It's not a deal breaker and hopefully I'll get used to it further into the game.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2018, 11:54:20 PM »

The Assassin Creed franchise is one of my favourite in gaming . I have loved all the games except for Assassins Creed 3 (which I found boring and didn't even finish playing) and Unity (which had so many bugs it was unplayable). If you haven't played them, I highly recommend you do, especially the Ezio collection; the first two are amazing, the third a little easy, short and repetitive.

I find it hilarious that the only ones I have played are 3 and Unity.  Cheesy Need to get Odyssey sometime, as well as Black Flag.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2018, 11:57:51 PM »

I find it hilarious that the only ones I have played are 3 and Unity.  Cheesy Need to get Odyssey sometime, as well as Black Flag.
I would definitely recommend Black Flag and playing them in release order, as there's a in game "real world" story that is ongoing from game to game. Plus, you can get your crew singing "Drunken Sailor" before going into battle which is hella fun.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2018, 12:23:21 AM »

I would definitely recommend Black Flag and playing them in release order, as there's a in game "real world" story that is ongoing from game to game. Plus, you can get your crew singing "Drunken Sailor" before going into battle which is hella fun.

Someday when I have time and money I'll play them all.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2018, 02:26:20 AM »

Agreed.

Someday when I have time and money I'll play them all.

Take your time, it’ll be even more affordable

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2018, 02:39:46 AM »

Took advantage of promo code to rent this again tonight for 16 cents!  Going to finish getting the horse back from the thief after taking that bratty girl to the market in Alexandria.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: