Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Xbox or Playstation?  (Read 10687 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2018, 01:46:51 PM »

You can tell that I'm much younger in this, my only Atari was the Juguar.  Used to play Alien Vs. Predator among other games. Loved it

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »

Never had a Jaguar. I was still playing the 7800 then. After I got a job a couple years after the Jaguar came out, it was on to the SNES. (and, later, Sega Genesis)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2018, 01:51:17 PM »

Never had a Jaguar. I was still playing the 7800 then. After I got a job a couple years after the Jaguar came out, it was on to the SNES. (and, later, Sega Genesis)

I got the SNES as a birthday gift from my aunt and the Jaguar was given to me a few months later when one of my mother's friend's son past away. 

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2018, 06:48:02 AM »

All of the Atari controllers from the '70s and '80s were better than the Atari 5200 controller.

That is true. Those things where a nightmare. I never had a 5200, but I played my friends.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2018, 04:17:50 PM »

The main reason I like I like PS4 better than the Xbox1 is mostly because the controllers are more comfortable to hold.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2018, 05:10:31 PM »

The main reason I like I like PS4 better than the Xbox1 is mostly because the controllers are more comfortable to hold.

It's the exact opposite for me, I like the Xbox 1 controller better and placement of the joy sticks feels more comfortable than the PS4.  My opinion of course

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2018, 05:13:09 PM »

It's the exact opposite for me, I like the Xbox 1 controller better and placement of the joy sticks feels more comfortable than the PS4.  My opinion of course

I like the PS4 controllers because they are more symmetrical and a bit smaller. the joysticks are easier to reach

-Broadside

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2018, 05:14:47 PM »

I like the PS4 controllers because they are more symmetrical and a bit smaller. the joysticks are easier to reach

Makes sense, I have large hands so the Xbox is more comfortable to me

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2018, 05:17:15 PM »

Makes sense, I have large hands so the Xbox is more comfortable to me

the Xbox controller is comfortable, but it is just a bit to hefty for me.

-Broadside

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2018, 06:14:14 PM »

Agreed on the controllers.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »

thank you Taegin

-Broadside

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2018, 11:12:47 PM »

Controller design is such a huge factor, and everyone is going to have a preference one way or the other. I have long fingers and the size and left stick position on the XBOX controllers works better for me. But, I can see where people with smaller hands would prefer the PS4 controller. Both are very nice in their own way. One thing I do like is that both companies have stayed true to their design over the years, with only minor tweaks between versions. Unlike Nintendo, who has radically changed controllers with every system they've released.

Lord Vaalic
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2018, 02:51:34 AM »

So, like many on the forum, I'm olg enough that my gaming goes back to the vintage days of SNES and Sege Megadrive. When the Playstation first came out I was at university. One weekend 3 friends and I hired a PS1 and three games from Blockbuster Videos (NBA Jam, Soul Blade and Tekken if memory serves correctly).

Fast forward a few years and blu-rays have just come onto the market. Being the massive movie fan I am, I was contemplating buying a blu-ray player. When exploring the costs it turned out a blu-ray player was only about £30 cheaper than a PS3. So I got a PS3 as it played dvds and bluray, I could watch BBC Iplayer and Netflix (and later Amazon Prime and NowTv). Plus, most importantly, there were games. Lots and lots of games.

To be honest, I prefer the set up of the controls on Playstation and the console specific games are better on PS3/PS4 than on Xbox in my opinion.

Youngster.... I started with Pong and moved up to the Atari 2600 when it came out. I was using PCs before there were disks of any kind. I feel old.

There is no light side, there is no dark side. There is only the force. Jedi and Sith are two sides of the same coin. One paralyzed by fear of emotion, and one ruled and destroyed by it.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2018, 06:00:03 AM »

Youngster.... I started with Pong and moved up to the Atari 2600 when it came out. I was using PCs before there were disks of any kind. I feel old.

My very first PC games were on floppy disks myself.  Zaxxon is still one of the coolest games!  Grin

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2018, 02:00:07 PM »

Hi Lord Vaalic, don't feel old I think I may be able to beat this ^^. I owned a Sinclair ZX80 personal computer that used audio cassettes for data storage (for the younglings, an audio cassette is one of those things Star Lord has in GOTG with music stored on it!) The computer had 16kb of memory and had to be programmed in BASIC (Beginners All Symbolic Instruction Code).

I then had all the following Sinclair models including the ZX81, the Sinclair Spectrum 48K, Spectrum 128K and 128K+. I finally got an Atari 520 STe before buying my first modern computer - an old 4x86 Cyrix chipped PC!

Now I feel old  Grin

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: