Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Font "Halo 5 Guardians" - My Gift to This Wonderful Community  (Read 2538 times)
Arbiter
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -8

« on: November 26, 2018, 09:01:05 PM »

Hello Saberforum!

Here it is! --> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/236we30cof3v7bv/AACKJb7BooWbk1NiZXWJ79bNa?dl=0

I've decided to make my Halo 5 Soundfont free to the public. I was pushed over the edge to release this font for free after seeing how Dark Path Media made his incredibly high quality font "son of darkness" free (here's a link to his font --> http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40063.0) . I realized how much joy all of your incredible fonts have given me over the last couple of years and decided to give back to this amazing community. Here's an idea of what you're getting:

- 50+ Boot fonts (all unique and really satisfying).
- 44 Swings sounds (separated into 4 folders with various speeds and pitches) (note: all swings sounds can be mixed).
- 30 Clash sounds (consistent sounds but all slightly different).
- 8 Power On sounds (some with a clicking/switching noise before ignition).
- 6 Power Off sounds (2 with hissing pressure release sounds as if the saber was venting).
- 8 Force FX (specifically optimized for this font).
- 2 Random FX for the lockup (idk just for fun).
- 1 Custom Lockup.

If you're like me, then you hate it when perfectly good soundfonts are ruined by the transition between the sound fx and the hum. You'll be happy to know that I spent many hours making this soundfont as seemless as possible. I've made many soundfonts before but they were always remixes/small changes made to already excisting fonts. I wanted to create something truly unique that I could call my own. Starting from complete scratch, however, was not an option for me (that would take way to much time). After downloading a zip file of (most of) the sound fx from Halo 5 Guardians, I started thinking of all the possibilities. With 2,417 different unique sounds to choose from and limitless possibles for soundfonts, I had to narrow my options down. I decided that I still wanted a lightsaber sounding font, but with just enough uniqueness to be recognizable amongst the thousands of existing fonts. You have no idea how many options there were for the direction this font could have gone in. However, I'm very happy with how it turned out. The font (ironically) sounds like something a Guardian's saber would sound like. If you've ever played Halo 5, then you will probably recognize a lot of the sounds. The hum sound is made from a slowed down version of the Wrath's (alien tank) idle. The clashes are actually what really make this soundfont truly unique in my opinion, they're made up of all the step sounds of the UNSC Mantis (a Mech basically). This really gives the soundfont a "metallic" feel. There is also a few at-at step sounds mixed in with the last five clash sounds.

IMPORTANT: If you're not already aware, there is a "aforementioned volume normalization" feature that is currently screwing with the seemlessness of soundfonts. On certain fonts, this feature boosts the volume on the hum sound making the transition between the FX and hum very noticeably choppy. For me, this has really ruined the immersion and quality of many fonts, however, the RSX Engineering team recently commented on this problem and confirmed that there with be an update fixing this issue soon. My current fix for this problem was turning the hum volume down to 50% to make it less noticeable, HOWEVER, I haven't had a problem with this particular font so feel free to leave the hum at 100% volume. For more information visit this thread --> http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=40263.0

This font is my thanks to the saber community for all the free soundfonts that have made me feel like I was actually a part of the Star Wars universe. I will also soon be releasing a couple of other fonts (that are just remixes of existing fonts), so keep a look out for those. Hope you enjoy the font!

- Arbiter

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »

Thank you for this!

Arbiter
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 10:19:43 PM »

Thank you for this!

Absolutely!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 10:24:27 PM »

Absolutely!

Point for you, btw

Arbiter
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 11:04:33 PM »

DEMO VIDEO! -->
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXaGkrpjAYA&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXaGkrpjAYA&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 11:46:28 AM by Infinit01 » Logged

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 07:49:28 AM »

Thank you for the font!

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: