Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Violet Amethyst + Dark Violet Amethyst. A Comparison.  (Read 11165 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 05:53:39 PM »

Yeah it's a problem color because the camera isn't sensitive enough to really pick up the DVA, it just turn out looking blueish.

I know how it is, it's hard to really have a picture comparing two similar saber colors... for some reason the camera just doesn't adjust correctly.  I was trying to take some pics the other day of Blazing Red vs Guardian Blue vs Dark Violet and I just couldn't get a pic I was happy with!

pianite
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 02:17:27 AM »

Nice pics... what kind of blades are those? Regular Edge?

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 02:37:07 AM »

Nice pics... what kind of blades are those? Regular Edge?

Thank you. Grin

They sure are.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Malek / Katarn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 05:22:07 PM »

Just sayin, the dva looks very "revan" to me where the standard violet carries a much more sam jackson vibe
Both great looking colors, and those wrapped claws look mean!

I really like the amount of choice we get over blade color

"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." ― Kyle Katarn

Consular in Arctic Blue - Jehuty
Bellicose in Lime Green - Eclipse

Old Republic: Jedi Knight - Kaliber

Daa Vexsue
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »

Wow that raven is sweet! I think my vote is for the dark VA though.  I love the look of that raven.  I've heard those are really heavy. How do you feel about it?

Lightside points please.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2011, 09:34:25 PM »

Wow that raven is sweet! I think my vote is for the dark VA though.  I love the look of that raven.  I've heard those are really heavy. How do you feel about it?
Just sayin, the dva looks very "revan" to me where the standard violet carries a much more sam jackson vibe
Both great looking colors, and those wrapped claws look mean!

I really like the amount of choice we get over blade color
Thank you and thank you. I really like how the wrap turned out.

It's a bigger hilt than most and is more suited for two hands than a lot of one arming it.

I weighted a few of my other sabers to change the balance point and create a better fulcrum.

It's quite heavy thought I don't notice anymore.

Because even if it is heavy you'll just get stronger.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Daa Vexsue
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 11:30:17 PM »

Cool..  Man this is making me rethink what colors I want my next sabers to be! I love them all.....I need to win the lottery!

Lightside points please.

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2012, 03:00:34 PM »

Ok, it's getting close to order time...(next week or 2  max)  I have a few questions....the DVA, how close to a grape color is it ?  from what I can tell in the pics, there's spots on the DVA that seem really dark if so, I'm sold on it !  the next question, what would be a good complement color to the DVA ?  My DVA will be going into a DSI staff and I was thinking maybe Adagen Silver , and playin with filters. but I'm still on the fence about it.  I'd like a color that wouldn't wash out the DVA too badly.  any suggestions ?

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »

Ok, it's getting close to order time...(next week or 2  max)  I have a few questions....the DVA, how close to a grape color is it ?  from what I can tell in the pics, there's spots on the DVA that seem really dark if so, I'm sold on it !  the next question, what would be a good complement color to the DVA ?  My DVA will be going into a DSI staff and I was thinking maybe Adagen Silver , and playin with filters. but I'm still on the fence about it.  I'd like a color that wouldn't wash out the DVA too badly.  any suggestions ?

Dark Violet is pretty much an indigo color.  It looks different to every person, due to the RGB led used plus the subjectivity of colors in general, but that's a good way to sum it up.

This is a fair representation:

At least that's what mine looked like.  Also, mine had a bit of a color gradient from the bottom to the top - at the base it was more of a true violet, while the top was much bluer.  Once again, the nature of the RGB led.

What are you looking for a complement color for?  Are you looking to dual wield?  For a staff I tend to prefer the same color on both sides, but that's just a personal thing.  If you went with DV on both sides, you could always tweak the color to an extent with filters - the Violet Amethyst and its derivatives are cool that way.

Chainmale75
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 49

Control your emotions, Don't let them control you.

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2012, 04:24:33 PM »

duel wielding, yes,  my boys are getting different colors for theirs'  AS/FO Phantom, and a CG DSI, So i would like to grab a different color from them. Leaning to GB or BR.   just afraid of color wash of the DVA

Prophesy V3,CG,Obsidian:
Shock LE, DVA, Obsidian:
x2-Dominix V2 LE, FO/BR Stunt:
DSI V2, AS, Stunt:
Aeon V4, CG stunt;
Apprentice GB stunt;
x2 Initiate V3 SD/SY stunts;
Dominix V3 PO stunt;

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »

duel wielding, yes,  my boys are getting different colors for theirs'  AS/FO Phantom, and a CG DSI, So i would like to grab a different color from them. Leaning to GB or BR.   just afraid of color wash of the DVA

Either of those color would be cool.  Since purple is created using red and blue (literally, the Violet Amethyst is generated by the red and blue dies from the RGB led), it could go with either.  Personally I think Guardian Blue and DV would be a cool combo.

Then again, you could try the two different VA variants - Dark Violet on one side, Bane's Heart on the other.  The only thing is, Bane's Heart is magenta, so idk how you'd feel about a pink lightsaber...

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: