Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Trouble tightening blade retention screw  (Read 1319 times)
Darkhawk
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 30, 2018, 03:18:21 AM »

Hi all,

New here.

Just got a Guardian, and I'm swapping out the blade it came with with a HEAVY blade that I have. I managed to remove the blade, but now I can't figure out how to screw in the new one. I'm really forcing it, but it seems like it's just spinning in circles on the surface of the blade and making superficial scratches. Any tips?

thanks,

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »

Did you get the tool to remove the retention screw with the order? Asking so that we know if you are using the correct tool. Pictures of what is going on would help. If you are using the right tool the only other thing I can think of is that you have stripped something out. Either the screw or the hole maybe?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 02:33:27 PM »

What tx said, the retention screw will hold it in place unless you're trying to screw in the wrong one.  I know the Guardian has a couple knobs towards to the top

Darkhawk
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 05:26:11 PM »

Hi,

Attaching photos to show what I'm doing. It's the upper screw in the photo, which I'm having an impossible time trying to screw deeper in. I even removed the blade just to see if I could screw in further so that it would poke into the hilt, but it won't. It just spins in place. How could it be stripped already when I just got this in the mail?

And there's the tool. I know it's the right one.

+

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 05:33:36 PM »

Hi,

Attaching photos to show what I'm doing. It's the upper screw in the photo, which I'm having an impossible time trying to screw deeper in. I even removed the blade just to see if I could screw in further so that it would poke into the hilt, but it won't. It just spins in place. How could it be stripped already when I just got this in the mail?

And there's the tool. I know it's the right one.

+

Just looking at the photo alone, it looks like the threading for the retention screw is stripped.  It'll need to be re-tapped with a slightly larger size unless you have another side you want to drill into. Iit's still under warranty which is a year so I would contact customer server at info@ultrasabers.com

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 08:41:26 PM »

Definitely stripped. If you have any of the other type of wrenches on hand you can possibly still use it to get the screw out, like the metric star type wrenches I think is what I use sometimes just for that purpose, they have a different grip than the standard wrenches

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darkhawk
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 05:36:55 AM »

ugh. Thanks for the info. Very annoying but crossing finger can be remedied soon !

Will report back.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 02:25:47 PM »

Let us know

cujoe_da_man
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 09:12:15 PM »

Sometimes you can use a hex head driver instead of an allan head driver to get those out, the edges are a bit more "serrated" and might help to grip the stripped edges of the screw.

I am a grey Jedi.
My passions are a part of me,
but they do not control me.
Domination can be broken.
Serenity can be a lie.
Knowledge gives me strength,
but power can be a weakness.
Peace and chaos gives me harmony,
Through balance I gain victory.
There is no Light or Dark,
There is only the Force.
Do not try to sway me or you will feel my wrath.
---
My Collection:
Dark Mantis - Violet Amethyst, Obsidian V3
Initiate V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian V4
Dark Sentinel V4 - Adegan Silver, Obsidian Lite
Initiate V2 - Fire Orange, Stunt Saber

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 06:50:47 PM »

^^^This is what I meant to say, just couldn't remember what the tool was called x.x

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: