Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: How much more patient can I be?  (Read 3922 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2018, 06:14:26 PM »

I learned to solder two wires together that I didn't need and then use a blank circuit board to learn how to solder onto a board.

I was taught to solder the "real old school" way. I was given a sheet of Breadboard (a sheet of plastic perforated with holes used in hobby kits if you couldn't make printed circuit boards) and the board had 2500 holes. I had to put a terminal pin in each hole and solder it in place on the reverse side. All 2500 had to be done perfect before I was even given a wire or resistor to solder.

When I progressed to solder wires I had to use solid solder and a tub of Flux as cored solder wasn't that common 27 years ago  Grin. It's a bit easier nowadays.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2018, 06:32:23 PM »

I’m sure I could do the electronics with the right tools.  Might enjoy doing that at some point. Right now I’m fine with some sound sabers and stunt sabers. I’m actually fine with stunt sabers. Sound for the movie based hilts though. Keep the variety nicely balanced  Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2018, 11:58:49 AM »

My first saber with sound, I decided that I wanted sound in everyone until I started spinning. I know have sabers with sound for cosplay, playing around and lighting spinning.  My main spinning sabers are stunt since it's cheaper to fix a stunt than it is to fix a saber with sound when you break stuff off of it.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2018, 10:54:05 PM »

I've only ever bought three sabers with sound from Ultrasabers, and won another in a raffle. Yet, several of my sabers have sound. Wink

GalithZ
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

One must understand one's self, to defeat his foes

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2018, 03:01:59 PM »

I feel you @OP. I'm waiting for the next raffle to order my Bellicose in TRI arctic blue and Sentinel v5 in Sentinel yellow. If it were up to me, I'd buy a sound saber right now but I'd rather commission a custom hilt (roughly same price as an US with basic/premium sound) with sound from another site so I can have a unique one for myself.

Sabers I own:
Sentinel LE v4 - Consular Green
Initiate LE v4 - Blazing Red
Savior - Blazing Red
Dominix LE v3 Saberstaff with flush coupler - Guardian Blue
Fall Raffle 2018 prize: Initiate LE v5 - Violet Amethyst

Buy list:
Bellicose/Prophecy v3/Sentinel v5 - TRI Arctic Blue
Scorpion - Dark Violent Amethyst
Dominix LE v4 - TRI Blazing Red

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print