Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Connecting illuminated av to Emerald  (Read 2909 times)
Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« on: December 06, 2018, 02:47:31 PM »

I'm trying to figure this out and the diagrams I'm seeing are a bit confusing. Does anyone know how to wire an illuminated AV switch to the emerald board?  I have a RGBW led and I want to connect it to a red illuminated black AV switch. Also do I need any sort of resistor on the connection to the switch itself?

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 03:11:11 PM »

I'm trying to figure this out and the diagrams I'm seeing are a bit confusing. Does anyone know how to wire an illuminated AV switch to the emerald board?  I have a RGBW led and I want to connect it to a red illuminated black AV switch. Also do I need any sort of resistor on the connection to the switch itself?

How many prongs do you have on that AV? 3? 4? There's normally two sets of pos and neg, one for the button and one for the LED so find out which sets are for the button and the LED first. The Positive and negative for the button would go to the board but you have to connect the positive and negative wires for the LED into battery and wire either the positive or negative into a resistor.   The resistor that you need will depend on the color of the LED in your AV switch

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 05:28:57 PM »

How many prongs do you have on that AV? 3? 4? There's normally two sets of pos and neg, one for the button and one for the LED so find out which sets are for the button and the LED first. The Positive and negative for the button would go to the board but you have to connect the positive and negative wires for the LED into battery and wire either the positive or negative into a resistor.   The resistor that you need will depend on the color of the LED in your AV switch

There's 4 prongs and I want a red led on the switch

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 05:40:56 PM »

There's 4 prongs and I want a red led on the switch

Forward voltage is 2 V and runs at 20 mA.  Assuming you're using the Emerald or Diamond controller which outputs 7.4 Volts so doing the math, you'll need the 270ohm 1/4 W resistor for that AV switch.  You can find one off of TCSS' site and yes it's 270 ohms 1/4 Watt resistor

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 08:00:42 AM »

Forward voltage is 2 V and runs at 20 mA.  Assuming you're using the Emerald or Diamond controller which outputs 7.4 Volts so doing the math, you'll need the 270ohm 1/4 W resistor for that AV switch.  You can find one off of TCSS' site and yes it's 270 ohms 1/4 Watt resistor

Omg thank you! I'm terrible at math tbh I still don't get the ohms law thing. This is a huge help. At least I know now I DO need a resistor and won't blow something.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 03:10:59 PM »

Omg thank you! I'm terrible at math tbh I still don't get the ohms law thing. This is a huge help. At least I know now I DO need a resistor and won't blow something.

You’re welcome Rash. That was a really good question and when I wired up my own AV, I was glad that I know Ohm’s Law and it’s not because I’m Asian and I’m good at math. I just like Ohm’s Law, that’s my excuse anyway... Lol

Let me know how it goes and shoot questions if you have them

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: