Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Which Ultrasabers Is This?  (Read 3375 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2018, 09:58:24 PM »

Thanks guys!  Grin  I think the consensus is that the saber is probably a Dark Apprentice v4 without the grooves at the emitter section. The rest of the hilt seems identical to a DA v4 judging by the Ultrasabers photos. I have a rare collectible, maybe!

It's a very functional saber despite its simplicity.

If I remembered correctly, someone else recently received a DA V4 without the grooves on the emitter as well

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 08:22:59 AM »

If I remembered correctly, someone else recently received a DA V4 without the grooves on the emitter as well

Lady Revan got one, if I remember correctly.

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 05:59:22 PM »

Interesting. So this might just be a time constraint thing. Maybe they all come in this way and are machined with, or without windows???

If so, this could be yet another choice US might consider offering because I could see customizes making use of this option.

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 11:10:06 PM »

My take on this is, the shop where US gets the hilts made, accidentally made a batch with an incorrect template in their software. This possibly could have happened when US commissioned the V5's mock-up and the shop used the V4 template as a base. The accident could have happened because if you don't store a backup off the design computer, then you make an alteration and save it but not renamed, it overwrote the original. I've seen that happen all the time with CNC and HAAS designing. Most software engineers will use an existing template for milling machines because all the start and end points are already mapped and makes altering for a different design quicker and less buggy.

I hate to admit this, but my shop does this, A LOT. We clone existing templates, alter them to fit a customer needs, then push the design thru and make a mock up for them. The issue happens for my shop because our backup storage automatically saves projects every 15 minutes, so if we're not careful, the open projects overwrite the original and we lose the first template. We have removable storage backups that are supposed to be unplugged to preserve the originals, but mistakes do happen.

Same this with our software for custom machines. We've gone thru many updates for our servo and test bed equipment, but every update is built on the original and not written fresh. It's sloppy, clunky and storage intensive, but if the code doesn't work, the bad sections are isolated and new code inserted till it does.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 11:12:19 PM »

My take on this is, the shop where US gets the hilts made, accidentally made a batch with an incorrect template in their software. This possibly could have happened when US commissioned the V5's mock-up and the shop used the V4 template as a base. The accident could have happened because if you don't store a backup off the design computer, then you make an alteration and save it but not renamed, it overwrote the original. I've seen that happen all the time with CNC and HAAS designing. Most software engineers will use an existing template for milling machines because all the start and end points are already mapped and makes altering for a different design quicker and less buggy.

I hate to admit this, but my shop does this, A LOT. We clone existing templates, alter them to fit a customer needs, then push the design thru and make a mock up for them. The issue happens for my shop because our backup storage automatically saves projects every 15 minutes, so if we're not careful, the open projects overwrite the original and we lose the first template. We have removable storage backups that are supposed to be unplugged to preserve the originals, but mistakes do happen.

Same this with our software for custom machines. We've gone thru many updates for our servo and test bed equipment, but every update is built on the original and not written fresh. It's sloppy, clunky and storage intensive, but if the code doesn't work, the bad sections are isolated and new code inserted till it does.

Agreed.  It's a more viable chance to happen and accidents happens.  US being US will still get them out to us and I think error or not, they're still cool.  Makes for great discussion

TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 01:13:22 PM »

Yes that is missing the top groves, It makes it unique and special in my book. It's a "flaw" but a good flaw. It gives it character, like my purple anodized libby.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 03:10:06 PM »

Yes that is missing the top groves, It makes it unique and special in my book. It's a "flaw" but a good flaw. It gives it character, like my purple anodized libby.

Purple anodized Libby is pretty rad there, TR-77477

Darth Davester
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

Dark Side Points, please

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 09:07:40 PM »

Would you be so kind as to post a pic of that?

I would loooooove to see that.

And I gave you a point as a shameless bribe.  Grin

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.

Arsenal:
Dark Apprentice LE v5 Banes Heart Stunt-incoming
Dark Arbiter Consular Green Stunt
Dark Prophecy v3 Blazing Red Obsidian v4
Dark Sentinel LE v4 Arctic Blue Stunt

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: