Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Apprentice V5 pre-sale saber Review  (Read 3968 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 11:01:58 AM »

Yes...this right here!

Now, I want the Sentinel and Apprentice V5 lines even more

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 01:52:52 PM »

Note: Blade insert can be reversed and put back in upside down. It sits about 1/8" further out of the hilt, but the windows look fantastic this way:

I agree, this looks awesome, really cool find!

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 10:40:36 AM »

Note: Blade insert can be reversed and put back in upside down. It sits about 1/8" further out of the hilt, but the windows look fantastic this way:

I'll be honest, Apprentice V5 was not on my radar, until this photo.
Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »

It looks like a fireball or a comet which is really cool.  The game changer is that the windowed section is removable from the emitter itself so now I'm wondering if I order one without windows, if that section would just be a solid blank piece.

JarkaRuus
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -20

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 02:47:40 PM »

Awesome saber! Great review! Thanks for the tip about the emitter window sleeve. Grin

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 02:56:44 PM »

Great review!   I figured the windows were on some sort of insert, as the "LE" versions have complementary colors on that insert.  The Sentinel I am waiting for will be black with silver inserts.  But reversing it?

Oh, yes....

I am also wondering as others are how hard it will be to manufacture custom-made inserts for custom window designs.  But just reversing the insert as you did is really awesome looking.  :-)   There will be some experimentation on mine when it arrives...

Nicely done!  It makes me very happy that I decided to pull the trigger on mine.  Now if it would just get shipped....    Today.....    Please!   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 07:25:48 PM »

Great review!   I figured the windows were on some sort of insert, as the "LE" versions have complementary colors on that insert.  The Sentinel I am waiting for will be black with silver inserts.  But reversing it?

Wait a second. I just realized this means you can swap inserts from different sabers!
The golden inserts of a Apprentice LE in a Dark Apprentice LE, the 'plain black' one of a Dark Apprentice in the Apprentice LE, …
*Mind blown, brain reboot recommended* Grin

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 07:43:46 PM »

Wait a second. I just realized this means you can swap inserts from different sabers!
The golden inserts of a Apprentice LE in a Dark Apprentice LE, the 'plain black' one of a Dark Apprentice in the Apprentice LE, …

Yup.

Silver with a dark insert....   Oh yeah.....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2018, 09:35:23 PM »

Agreed that radically changes how I think about these sabres now. Apprentice LE and Dark Apprentice LE, swap the pommels and the inserts (and flip them round of course...) perfect Light and Dark balanced sabres!

Well done Chalion for the find - point!  I am eager to find out if the Sentinel / Dark Sentinel have the same inserts that can be switched over if so...goodbye pay packet for the next month....

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 10:02:49 PM »

Agreed that radically changes how I think about these sabres now. Apprentice LE and Dark Apprentice LE, swap the pommels and the inserts (and flip them round of course...) perfect Light and Dark balanced sabres!

Well done Chalion for the find - point!  I am eager to find out if the Sentinel / Dark Sentinel have the same inserts that can be switched over if so...goodbye pay packet for the next month....

Well, LSG, once I get mine I'll let you know.   I have a Dark Sentinel LE on the way.   I am intending to do a side-by-side with my Dark Sentinel LE V4 to show the differences point by point, but I'll also include any details I can about the blade insert.  :-)

I am also curious about the pommel.   I've always liked Archon and Renegade SE small pommels on these sabers, but the stock pommel may be more interesting than I am expecting.  I just hope they can get my order out soon!   Patience is running thin.....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 10:32:26 PM »

Well, LSG, once I get mine I'll let you know.   I have a Dark Sentinel LE on the way.   I am intending to do a side-by-side with my Dark Sentinel LE V4 to show the differences point by point, but I'll also include any details I can about the blade insert.  :-)

I am also curious about the pommel.   I've always liked Archon and Renegade SE small pommels on these sabers, but the stock pommel may be more interesting than I am expecting.  I just hope they can get my order out soon!   Patience is running thin.....

Great now I'm getting impatient for you...its contagious!!! (And I'm betting its gonna be Yellow?) I'm thinking a Dark Sentinel LE would look pretty AWSM with a Dark Shock LE Pommel myself...but yeah Chalion has started the ball rolling on these V5's but i suspect there is gonna be a LOT more reviews pics and customizations!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2018, 12:17:54 AM »

Now I need a V5 to go along with my 3 v4s.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2018, 02:06:01 AM »

Great now I'm getting impatient for you...its contagious!!! (And I'm betting its gonna be Yellow?) I'm thinking a Dark Sentinel LE would look pretty AWSM with a Dark Shock LE Pommel myself...but yeah Chalion has started the ball rolling on these V5's but i suspect there is gonna be a LOT more reviews pics and customizations!

Actually it is arctic blue.  🙂

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 04:24:13 AM »

Very informative and pretty darn cool as well. Thanks for the review.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »

Yes, kudos to chalion for figuring that out for us

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: