Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Has ultrasabers ever thought about 3 sectional light saber  (Read 2343 times)
Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 02:17:37 AM »

It should also be pointed out th Nunchaku, wooden or metal, are illegal in a number of countries. So, Ultrasabers would have a limited customer base for such a weapon.
if they made it would it be illegal? Polycarbonate blades? I mean a hilt alone could be classified as a billy club in NY state law alone if carried and used as a weapon but I doubt that's going to happen cause people perform with them at shows and comic cons. Nunchaku (nunchucks) lol they make legal pairs to practice with that are tubing with foam

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 02:22:46 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2CMaRSHz9E

Nunchucks are handled from the ends, where a blade would be, cutting one's hands.

I would be more ok with the weapon you're using as it is handled from the middle. Obviously any point of attachment needs to be stable, and therefore the pommel would need to be firmly in place. The pommels I have are sturdy and some have drilled out holes in the middle that could attach. I'm confident I could build it. But I'm not interested in using it, as the weapon style itself seems more likely to injure the user.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2018, 02:25:26 AM »

I don't think they're illegal in the US, but in Canada and a number of European countries. The chain classifies them as a strangulation weapon. The ban is so serious that Michelangelo's Nanchaku were edited out of TMNT cartoons broadcast in Europe in the 1990s.

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 03:25:01 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2CMaRSHz9E

Nunchucks are handled from the ends, where a blade would be, cutting one's hands.

I would be more ok with the weapon you're using as it is handled from the middle. Obviously any point of attachment needs to be stable, and therefore the pommel would need to be firmly in place. The pommels I have are sturdy and some have drilled out holes in the middle that could attach. I'm confident I could build it. But I'm not interested in using it, as the weapon style itself seems more likely to injure the user.
I hear you 100 percent bro well said, I just hate doing alterations but maybe I'll give it a shot since I have 3 stunts. I learned its flow path I feel safer now than last month but changed weight will have to be calculated

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2018, 03:26:33 AM »

You would just have to tap a hole for a worm screw to go into the side of the pommel so it can't back out.
that's a awesome idea, I might turn my 3 stunts into it now as long as I can keep the pommel from loosening thanks for the advice brother

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 03:28:24 AM »

I don't think they're illegal in the US, but in Canada and a number of European countries. The chain classifies them as a strangulation weapon. The ban is so serious that Michelangelo's Nanchaku were edited out of TMNT cartoons broadcast in Europe in the 1990s.
  that's insane I didn't know that, thanks for the lesson bro. I'll try to do it with my stunt sabers if I can manage to get what I need to secure it

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 02:30:19 PM »

Some of the armament laws here in Canada are very restrictive and some are just silly. So yes Nunchuks are illegal (we do not edit them out of cartoons though), as are butterfly, drop, spring, switch, and gravity knives. And for some reason while I can legally own a c96 handgun I cannot own a non firing replica of one.

Worm screws or set screws are your friend for so many things Smiley

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 11:52:00 AM »

Some of the armament laws here in Canada are very restrictive and some are just silly. So yes Nunchuks are illegal (we do not edit them out of cartoons though), as are butterfly, drop, spring, switch, and gravity knives. And for some reason while I can legally own a c96 handgun I cannot own a non firing replica of one.

Worm screws or set screws are your friend for so many things Smiley
lol that's crazy, some laws are definitely silly

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: