Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: My Fall raffle entry and prize review  (Read 683 times)
TR-77477
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -361

Join The Darkside ( We have cookies)

« on: December 09, 2018, 02:57:27 PM »

Once again US Goes above and beyond, Not only by giving us a raffle and giving away countless $$$ in sabers but by making sure that their customers are always happy with their sabers. For the Fall raffle I ordered a Butcher with gold anodizing, FO led, silver AV switch and v4 sound. This was my sixth or seventh raffle but who keeps track and I was blown away to find out I was a grand prize winner.

I was lucky enough to be able to hold the prototype Butcher at Dragon Con and it was love at first sight. Not only is it styled after one of the most beloved characters in the expanded universe's sabers, but it is a glorious sight to behold on its own. I received everything I had asked for in my entry along with a pleasant surprise. My Butcher came with a recharge port, a first for me. As far as I can tell it's fully wired and ready to go, thank you US! The Butcher as has been mentioned is on the bulky side and does not lend itself to spinning. On the other hand it is a work of art and is menacing just sitting on the shelf. The limited edition blade plug is the icing on the cake and is that little something that finishes it off perfectly. I will have to find something similar for my Savior. The pommel allows the sound the resonate and does not restrict it. The result is a full deep loud sound. It would make a great belt hanger or addition to a cosplay. I would not recommend dueling with it because of the fins but I do not expect many people to attempt that.

My choice for my grand prize saber was not a easy one. There are so many sabers in the US line-up that I have had my eye on but in the end I decided to get the Butchers partner. I admit that at Dragon con the Savior was over shadowed by the Butcher. Holding it in my hand and having time to examine and appreciate it has changed my opinion of it completely. It has a elegance and beauty about it. It feels great in the hand and would make a nice spinner. It's well balanced and has a pleasing feel. I asked for a basic build for my grand prize, Red led, silver non-illuminated AV switch, FOC, and V4 sound. What I received was far more then that. Not only did I get all that I asked for but also windows and an Emerald driver! I can not thank US enough for going above and beyond again. We have all seen the generosity of Emory and all the guy's at US so many times.

After seeing these sabers and having time to appreciate them I have decided that they deserve something more. I will be making a Revan cosplay to go with them and plan to have it ready by next Dragon con. I look forward to visiting US at their booth and showing off my wonderful sabers to everyone.

"The Jedi and Sith wield the Ashla and the Bogan, the light and the dark. I'm the one in the middle, the Bendu."

Wish list---Consular--Flamberge V2--Omen

Make-A-Wish Donations

Dark apprentice v4 with FOC and basic sound GB -- Dark Apprentice LE v4 (Grab Bag) GB
Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR -- Dark Apprentice v4 (Grab bag) BR

Gifted

Dominix V4--- Initiate V4---Graflex SE SD---Dark Apprentice v4 GB
Dark Standard issue CG at Dcon 2018---Six Mystery Boxes at dcon 2019

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 03:05:28 PM »

Beatiful sabers you have there, TR-77477 and congrats on the Grand Prize for your raffle win.  I have to say that I like the Savior with the windows and the Emerald driver on it is just a plus!!!!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 08:02:41 AM »

Those are a great couple of sabers. I like that you got matching anodizing. The windows and Emerald driver are definitely great upgrades. Congratulations again on the sweet win and pair of sabers that blow away expectations.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 09:22:55 AM »

Excellent sabers there, TR
Looking forward to seeing the cosplay that will go with them

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 10:09:38 AM »

Sweet sabers! Look forward to seeing that cosplay as well!!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: