Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Movies So Bad They're Good  (Read 15529 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 10:44:51 AM »

2. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)  Following the commercial success of the first film, a sequel was inevitable. That sequel was a commercial, critical and viewer flop. However, I love it. Are the story or acting particularly good? No. But, it's fun and has lots of fun martial arts fights in it. Also, for Maul fans, this is Ray Park's second screen credit. He played Reptile #3, was Raiden's fighting double and other stunt roles. This is a great movie for enjoying a bowl of popcorn and some mindless fun. Unfortunately, this movie wasn't kind to the career of Brian Thompson, who played Shao-Kahn. (I like his work on Star Trek)

Ugh. That movie was abhorrent.

1. The Fifth Element. This is one of my favorite movies even when I first watched it at the Man Chinese Theater when it debut back in 1997.  It had a budget of 95k and made 63k domestically.  It was criticized for being over the top as far as action and comedy was concerned but that was the whole point. Worldwide, it made over 263k which is a success for modern day movies.  It's now iconic and a cult classic; however, I remember the people who use to say that they hate the film but now love it. I love it then and even now.  Still watch it multiple times a year

You shut your dirty mouth. That movie was friggin awesome with a side of woot woot.

I think you meant to use M instead of k. They haven't measured movie money in k for like 50 years.

Oh, now that I think of it, Disney has had a couple that I enjoyed. John Carter was an epic flop for Disney that I think worked as a decent action and adventure flick. Also, I never played the games at all but the Prince of Persia movie is always good for a few entertaining hours.

I have 2 things to say about these movies.

WHO      CARES?  Grin Grin Grin

There is only one correct answer to this question.....Flash Gordon.

You're welcome.

I see your Flash Gordon and raise you The Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space.

And Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.

I love movies that were done in the fashion of old early comic book style sci-fi. Zoom was more Galaxyquest-esque, but still fun. But I absolutely love how they made Sky Captain. Had it been made 80 years ago, it would have been a serious movie.

How about The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension!

I've wanted to see this ever since RP1.

Agreed. It is the epitome of so bad it's good. Love it.

I gotta challenge this statement.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 05:51:52 PM »

Logos, I’m being honest if you don’t believe me, look it up. The Fifth Element is my favorite movie of all time and it was hated when it first came out back in 97. It had a budget of 95k and only made 63k domestically

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 10:52:09 AM »

Logos, I’m being honest if you don’t believe me, look it up. The Fifth Element is my favorite movie of all time and it was hated when it first came out back in 97. It had a budget of 95k and only made 63k domestically
Ouch. I saw that movie at least twice at the theater. Then had it on VHS. I knew verbatim before graduating HS in 2000. I love that movie. Of course I love most of what Luc Besson puts out.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 10:56:33 AM »

I hate to say it, but it's 90m and 263m. Not k.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 10:57:56 AM »

I hate to say it, but it's 90m and 263m. Not k.
I thought k seemed rather pathetic.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »

I thought k seemed rather pathetic.

If it were k they would be out on the streets saying,

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 11:13:59 AM »

HA! -1

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 06:24:16 PM »

That would be dangerous if only it was loaded... You have to push that red button, want me to do it... ooof, there ya go....

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2018, 11:25:27 AM »

That would be dangerous if only it was loaded... You have to push that red button, want me to do it... ooof, there ya go....

That guy was a major highlight of that movie for me. The whole film is a timeless classic to me though.

Logos. You NEED to see The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension!
Like yesterday. GET ON IT!!!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 11:27:45 AM »

AHEM! Yellow button.

Logos. You NEED to see The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension!
Like yesterday. GET ON IT!!!
Shut it. Lemme rephrase: Didn't even knew it existed until RP1.

EDIT: Missed one

SUPER MARIO BROS. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 07:17:15 PM »

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2018, 07:18:34 PM »

Funny thing is that I like Judge Dredd

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 12:27:21 PM »

SUPER MARIO BROS. Tongue

Now I'm confused. Are we talking about just straight up bad movies now? Because SUPER MARIO BROS. is just bad.

Judge Dredd is so bad it's good.

Which reminds me...

Enhance your calm and think about joy-joy feelings. You'll figure out the three sea shells eventually. Wink

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 07:34:26 PM »

Demolition Man was awesome, don't know what you're talking a bout man. It's a cult classic

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 12:31:24 PM »

Now I'm confused. Are we talking about just straight up bad movies now? Because SUPER MARIO BROS. is just bad.
It's a guilty pleasure from my childhood.

Which reminds me...

Enhance your calm and think about joy-joy feelings. You'll figure out the three sea shells eventually. Wink
This too

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: