Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Movies So Bad They're Good  (Read 15833 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2789

Grey Assassin

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2018, 08:06:35 AM »

I'm not talking about it as far as flops or failures, I'm talking about it because of all of the hate.  It's a good movie, but many fans only like the original or want the good guys to always win or have a happy ending.  That's not always the case, things change, beloved characters die.  Mark Hamill can't be Luke for the next 30 years, he's old now, it's time to pass the torch.  The movie's good, it may not be what you agree on but that doesn't take away from the movie itself.  There's a lot that I don't agree on but I still like the movie

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2769

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2018, 03:17:29 PM »

I'm going to say it:

The Last Jedi

It's a good movie, a cinematic master piece in my opinion despite how whatever I feel about a character's story.  The thing is that people changed and in turn, Luke changed, he's the same guy from the original series but now have the entire galaxy on his shoulders in addition to his nephew's future which yes, he help mess up.  Anyone who has nieces, nephews, or children only want the best for their child.  Imagine having the power to foresee your nephew's future and you find out that he's going to be a serial killer or mass murderer.  What would you do?  Kill him in his sleep? Try to? These are realistic emotions in my opinion and being a Legend or not, everyone's subjected to being a human being.  Everything about the movie is good, there are a few meh parts, a few but Admiral Holdo jumping to light speed to take out Snoke's ship was genius.  It was also visually appealing and the sound was really cool.  The humor was good, and the lightsaber battle in Snoke's throne room between Rey, Kylo and the guards were really good. I just wished that it was a bit longer for that scene but no complaint here.  Luke projecting himself to fight Kylo and only to throw out Han's words while still being a bad ass "See you around kid" was a great addition to aiding the Resistance out of the First Order's reach and into the Falcon to fight another day. I had to watch it again and again to really appreciate it but I started off with like the movie, now, I love it.

It's my opinion and may not be popular but I like the movie and it's great
I would alter his training. Or, y'know....tell him. "Hey I saw the future, and you turn out to be a whiny emo dickhead. Let's work on that."

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2018, 08:31:58 AM »

I would alter his training. Or, y'know....tell him. "Hey I saw the future, and you turn out to be a whiny emo dickhead. Let's work on that."

Buahahahahahaha.  Force discipline, point for that

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2018, 03:46:51 PM »

Buahahahahahaha.  Force discipline, point for that
HISHE by Darth Logos

Now that I think of it......that would have made a much better story. Luke fails to figure out why his visions never change despite changing up his methods to train young.......Ben. (hurl)

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Saso Is-kor
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 325

On the Side of the Light. Most of the time...

« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2018, 11:42:36 AM »

WHO      CARES?  Grin Grin Grin
I see your Flash Gordon and raise you The Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space.

I think you're onto me  Grin Probably the same deal with Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, pretty terrible movie but watching Gemma Arterton kill witches made it fine to watch.

Also, agree totally on Sky Captain, loved that movie. So quirky but so good.

The fact that TLJ made it into this thread... ugh  Grin I'm going to exercise extreme restraint and say nothing more, LOL.

“You think you know the depths of corruption that plague the Jedi?” Saso hissed. “I’ve seen it, I’ve experienced it, I even embody it. Every breath I take is an affront to their lofty ideals and idle Force worship… and so they seek to exterminate me.” He looked deep into Barriss Offee’s eyes, “they were not successful in purging me from the galaxy, and neither will you be.”

Make Jedi pouches: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=37304.0
Make Jedi food capsules: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38006.0

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2018, 06:56:42 PM »

I think you're onto me  Grin Probably the same deal with Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, pretty terrible movie but watching Gemma Arterton kill witches made it fine to watch.

I actually enjoyed H&G. It was a new take on a classic. Plus there were other reasons... Grin

The fact that TLJ made it into this thread... ugh  Grin I'm going to exercise extreme restraint and say nothing more, LOL.

HA

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2018, 06:57:27 PM »

To me TLJ was a cinematic masterpiece. Unfortunately it was a terrible SW movie. Does that mean I hate it. No. In fact quite the opposite. I love the movie. When I first watched it in theaters it was just kinda meh. Then we got to the throne room battle and the movie got infinitely better. Probably my biggest problem with TLJ is the fact that Rian squandered all the character development for Finn, Poe and Rey that J.J. had set up. That and they killed off Akbar (long may we rue his dismissive end), and Rose didn't let Finn actually do something that would have made him a cool character.

But I refuse to throw hate towards the movie (especially in this thread). Yes there were things I didn't like, but I want to enjoy the movie and I will.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »

I actually enjoyed H&G. It was a new take on a classic.

I liked it. It was fun.

Plus there were other reasons... Grin

FAMKE!!!! Shocked

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2018, 08:35:14 PM »

To me TLJ was a cinematic masterpiece. Unfortunately it was a terrible SW movie. Does that mean I hate it. No. In fact quite the opposite. I love the movie. When I first watched it in theaters it was just kinda meh. Then we got to the throne room battle and the movie got infinitely better. Probably my biggest problem with TLJ is the fact that Rian squandered all the character development for Finn, Poe and Rey that J.J. had set up. That and they killed off Akbar (long may we rue his dismissive end), and Rose didn't let Finn actually do something that would have made him a cool character.

But I refuse to throw hate towards the movie (especially in this thread). Yes there were things I didn't like, but I want to enjoy the movie and I will.
It was the equivalent of taking filet mignon and black truffles to produce Dinty Moore beef stew.

The 3 of them combined had as much character development as Jar Jar.

Sig by For Tyeth

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2018, 08:41:24 PM »

It was the equivalent of taking filet mignon and black truffles to produce Dinty Moore beef stew.

The 3 of them combined had as much character development as Jar Jar.

TFA set them up for a ton of character development in TLJ, but then Rian messed it up. Not Abrams.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2018, 08:49:11 PM »

TFA set them up for a ton of character development in TLJ, but then Rian messed it up. Not Abrams.
Meh. They seemed pretty cliche to me.

Sig by For Tyeth

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2018, 09:32:16 PM »

Agreed, but i think they did Kylo alright, making a connection to Rey and breaking the chains of other people using him (Snoke, Luke etc.), and the throne room betrayal was pretty epic, slicing apart Snoke with Anakins sabre.... 

Just so many other obvious opportunities missed...Finn should've died a hero, Poe should've taken his fighters squad on the attack run against First Order Fleet and gotten captured.  Rey's parents (or one of) should've been revealed - I can think of an solution that would've also tied into Snokes origin and would've satisfied pretty much everyone more or less.

I'm tempted to do my own rewrite in the fan fiction section...

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2018, 09:57:29 PM »

Agreed, but i think they did Kylo alright, making a connection to Rey and breaking the chains of other people using him (Snoke, Luke etc.), and the throne room betrayal was pretty epic, slicing apart Snoke with Anakins sabre.... 

Just so many other obvious opportunities missed...Finn should've died a hero, Poe should've taken his fighters squad on the attack run against First Order Fleet and gotten captured.  Rey's parents (or one of) should've been revealed - I can think of an solution that would've also tied into Snokes origin and would've satisfied pretty much everyone more or less.

I'm tempted to do my own rewrite in the fan fiction section...

I think that Finn should be alive, I like him as a character and hope that they continue to build upon this story.  Also, I still want to know about the Knights of Ren

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2018, 10:03:55 PM »

I think that Finn should be alive, I like him as a character and hope that they continue to build upon this story.  Also, I still want to know about the Knights of Ren

Knights of Ren sound to me like a made up title to placate Kylo (Ben's) Ego rather than being anything meaningful - more like a way of integrating him into the First Order command structure. I think that would also make the character narrative make more sense, he was just taking the leavings Snoke offered him knowing he was being used till he finally got sick of it and then...chop chop.

Problem with Finn is i can't see where they are going with him...first movie he had a purpose now its kind of...he's just there.  Still if they do something good with him in the last one, maybe die to save Rey, or be a conduit between the resistance and First Order internal defectors (I doubt everyone will be happy with the new supreme leader...)

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2018, 10:08:35 PM »

I hate to be that guy, this topic is being derailed. This needs to be moved to SW Thoughts.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: