Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
Author Topic: Movies So Bad They're Good  (Read 15565 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2018, 06:06:44 AM »

OK, going for it big time here:

Green Lantern (2011) Box office failure and 26% approval rating on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. 55% user rating on IMDb. Ryan Reynolds himself mocks the movie. But, none of that means anything to me, because I really enjoy the film. It's not without its issues, including the odd CGI Lantern suits, but it's still a lot of fun. Now, I've read some GL comics, mostly from the time of Hal's debut back in the 1950s, and seen some animated GL stuff. But, I'm no expert on the characters, so that probably helped me enjoy the film more than hardcore GL fans. Also, its poor performance may have squashed all hopes of a sequel, but a really fun video game sequel called Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters also came out in 2011.

I too digged the movie even though there were lots of lame parts but I wanted to see more of the universe and when it flopped and most dislike the film, DC scrapped sequel talks which was saddening since I wanted to see the Yellow Lanterns.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2018, 02:25:06 PM »

Yeah, they were all set up for The Sinestro Corps. in the next film. It's a shame it never happened. Plus, the movie had a really good cast. Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Tim Robbins (always awesome), Mark Strong, Angela Bassett, the late great Michael Clarke Duncan. Not to mention Temuera Morrison of Star Wars fame and Taika Waititi. (yep, Thor: Ragnarok's director) It's a shame with that cast and with the effects that they had that they couldn't put together a slightly better story that was maybe more true to the comics.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2018, 09:04:34 PM »

OK, going for it big time here:

Green Lantern (2011) Box office failure and 26% approval rating on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. 55% user rating on IMDb. Ryan Reynolds himself mocks the movie. But, none of that means anything to me, because I really enjoy the film. It's not without its issues, including the odd CGI Lantern suits, but it's still a lot of fun. Now, I've read some GL comics, mostly from the time of Hal's debut back in the 1950s, and seen some animated GL stuff. But, I'm no expert on the characters, so that probably helped me enjoy the film more than hardcore GL fans. Also, its poor performance may have squashed all hopes of a sequel, but a really fun video game sequel called Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters also came out in 2011.

YASSS!!! Totally forgot about this one. It may not be a great movie, but it is fun. Plus it's the only Live Action GL we have gotten so far.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2018, 10:59:18 PM »

Plus it's the only Live Action GL we have gotten so far.

And, with the issues the DCEU has been having, possibly the only one we're going to get.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2018, 11:07:33 PM »

And, with the issues the DCEU has been having, possibly the only one we're going to get.

Yeah, though I did watch a recent video of Jason Mamoa, and they asked him if Cavill is done as Superman, and Jason said that he had just recently talked to him and he had said he wasn't done, WB just didn't have anything planned for him right away. He also wants the Snydercut of JL. Grin I like Mamoa.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2018, 11:11:37 PM »

I was referring to the issues they seem to have getting the Flash, Green Lantern and standalone Batman films going. They don't seem to be able to get anything going with any of those. So, we may just have to enjoy Green Lantern for the awesomeness that it is. Wink

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2018, 11:14:48 PM »

I was referring to the issues they seem to have getting the Flash, Green Lantern and standalone Batman films going. They don't seem to be able to get anything going with any of those. So, we may just have to enjoy Green Lantern for the awesomeness that it is. Wink

Yep. I don't care about DCEU's Flash, but I'd like to see them get a GL and Batman movie up. And the CGI GL suit didn't look that bad. Plus, I'm pretty sure a GL's suit would be made from energy, not cloth, so it makes sense why they chose that.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2018, 11:36:56 PM »

Yeah, I guess it's better than alien hand-me-downs.

To be honest, the CGI suits never bothered me. They were actually pretty cool looking.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2018, 12:27:58 AM »

To be honest, the CGI suits never bothered me. They were actually pretty cool looking.

Same. Not much in that movie did bother me, and Reynolds played a pretty good Hal Jordan.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2018, 12:34:56 AM »

Same. Not much in that movie did bother me, and Reynolds played a pretty good Hal Jordan.

Exactly. That's why I like the film and it's in my Blu-Ray collection. I have the Extended cut with an extra scene in it. Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2018, 02:55:46 AM »

Yeah, though I did watch a recent video of Jason Mamoa, and they asked him if Cavill is done as Superman, and Jason said that he had just recently talked to him and he had said he wasn't done, WB just didn't have anything planned for him right away. He also wants the Snydercut of JL. Grin I like Mamoa.

In that case, I'm looking forward to more Cavill's Superman, I think he really fits both Clark and the Man of Steel. 

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: