Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 255363 times)
Destarius
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »

Customized UltraSaber... Customized UltraSaber...
I keep saying those words over and over in my head, and at the risk of sounding fanboy-ish, they ring to my as synonymous with 'divine intervention'. UltraSabers are awesome, they're the only sabers I own. There's a reason for that.

Ultra, bravo. Really, what else needs be said? You were given a bad end, and from where I sit, you're turning it into something better. Bravo.

'Guess that's all I got.

"Light Side, Dark Side; Jedi, Sith... These are mortal concepts. There is only the Force. There is only Balance."
Dominix V3 LE staff - Stunt, Guardian Blue
Prophecy V2 - Stunt, Consular Green
Customized Raven Standard - Arctic Blue, Obsidian, Blue AV Switch

The_Night
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -38

"If it's not fun, you're not doing it right"

« Reply #106 on: December 12, 2011, 11:36:53 PM »

So does that mean the CSO is still in the works? I think last I heard it had been decided against

Vintage Graflex ANH
Vintage Graflex ESB
Custom Hero LS6- PCU
JQ Quinlan Vos- PCU
MR Maul Staff- P4 Reds
MR Vader ESB FX
UFX Vader ANH- Lux3 Red
Larbel Obi TPM- CF v5.1
Parks Obi ANH

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2011, 12:59:22 AM »

So does that mean the CSO is still in the works? I think last I heard it had been decided against

Wow, we actually haven't gotten that one in a while.  So an answer for you good sir!

The CSO is a no go until all the ruffles lie flat.  You can read into that if you like but in the last week Ultra has actually moved the location of his home which alone is going to delay getting things started.  That coupled with trying to run Ultrasabers effectively and releasing more hilts and yadda, yadda . . . We don't know when or if the CSO is going to blossom, but when Ultra can make it happen he will.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2011, 01:47:05 AM »

I remember one day when i was looking to buy a lightsaber and i stumbled upon ultras site. I remember seeing the color leds on his home page and i was like "Holy **** this is amazing! I have never seen anything like this before. " You guys are definitely the best ones out their in my opinion.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2011, 04:22:33 AM »

I remember one day when i was looking to buy a lightsaber and i stumbled upon ultras site. I remember seeing the color leds on his home page and i was like "Holy **** this is amazing! I have never seen anything like this before. " You guys are definitely the best ones out their in my opinion.

My reaction was similar - after purchasing some FX sabers, I wanted something I could really duel with, that I wouldn't need to worry about breaking the blade of (something I saw in many listings for FX sabers).  So I started searching and looking at various sites - and boy did my wallet boggle!  Easily $500 plus for here in the States, and more abroad (like from Australia or the UK), especially for something with sound, which I found integral.  I mean, let's face it - a saber without sound is pretty neat, especially as neat as Ultra makes them, but WITH sound they are so awesome.

And then...  Ultrasabers.  Lots of pretty, interesting designs, good construction - AND I could search through the forums here and ask questions via email to the staff.  So I started doing research on the site, carefully deciding on pricing/options.  I had to wait a bit because of life intrusion - which was fortunate, because I was able to get the Obsidian, rather than having to get a repurposed FX board, and it was awesome.

So yeah, being able to get high-end sound for $75 already wired properly into the reasonably priced saber, as opposed to a unit I'd have to pay a BUNCH more for and wire myself into a much more expensive saber than I could ever justify (prior to winning a lottery) that I also felt safe duelling with?

Not a contest.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2011, 07:47:00 PM »

This is similar to how I found you.

I was on amazon and someone was selling an US.

Then I googled US and found it.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -141

« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2011, 07:01:48 AM »

I have been piecing together a cosplay sith costume for a few years and was looking for the saber to complete the piece. When I googled real lightsabers I found only two sights that I could get a nice looking hilt for under $200. The fact that Ultra had a link to a forum with hundreds of sastified costumers praising his product and forming a community sold me. My wife bought me a saber for christmas and thanks to you I was able to convice her to buy from here instead of buying a MS replica. As for the internet rumors I am glad you addressed them Ultra in a professional and truthfull way. You shouldn't have had to, but in todays world it is better to be up front and honest about what is happening. For the record I own one of the Flash on Clash Darth Maul Sabers for 1999 or so.

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

Darth Sky
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -5

Skyrim took my joke...

« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2012, 09:31:38 AM »

I remember a couple years ago. I stumbled upon ultrasabers by accident when I was looking for a master replica saber. I didn't know anything about the sabers themselves really, let alone that other people out there were making them.
This was back when all they had were PVC sabers. But even then I found myself saying, "Wow, I'd rather have something I can actually duel with." But sadly, my parents never bought me one (Sad Face)

Now, I'm 19. I want to start collecting sabers as well as buy some that I can use for filming purposes. Once again, I find UltraSabers. Still selling great sabers with a price tag that won't make my wallet have a stroke.

When it comes to all this...... Rumor Warfare stuff... (My apologies if I offend anyone by saying this.) But really, I don't care. I don't personally know Ultra or anyone else involved in UltraSabers, so it's none of my business, and I plan to keep it that way. (Maybe it's just my Sith ideology, LOL)
When I place my order for my sabers, all I want is a fair price, good service, great quality. I hope, that I won't be disappointed. I have have great faith that I won't be...

I miss Darth Maul... (Sad Face)

Shepherdneo
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 28

May The Force Be With You

« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »

World it's FULL of Bla bla bla People...

I've seen some rumors around internet with smile... I have 6 Ultrasabers, never have a problem with one hehe...

When you wanna see if a Word it's correct... See FACT... Words it's NOTHING.

Sorry for my BAD english... You know... I live in Venice (Italy)... but this is one of the Topic when i must write my opinion.

Shep

Duff Man
The Double Triple X 4 + Fish OG of Randomness Version 2.7 of part 9 = Bacon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -358

« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2012, 03:04:19 PM »

When it comes to all this...... Rumor Warfare stuff... (My apologies if I offend anyone by saying this.) But really, I don't care. I don't personally know Ultra or anyone else involved in UltraSabers, so it's none of my business, and I plan to keep it that way. (Maybe it's just my Sith ideology, LOL)
When I place my order for my sabers, all I want is a fair price, good service, great quality. I hope, that I won't be disappointed. I have have great faith that I won't be...

I am the same way.   This hobby/ forum is meant to be FUN and getting involved in all the drama takes away from that. I get enough of that in my "real" life.

Ultra Saber SI Staff:Guardian Blue
Ultra Saber Redemption:SRD
Ultra Saber Dominix V2 LE:Dark VA
MR Construction Kit:RGB

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2012, 03:19:28 AM »

I am the same way.   This hobby/ forum is meant to be FUN and getting involved in all the drama takes away from that. I get enough of that in my "real" life.

That really explains my feelings exactly Duff. I get enough drama at work, in just a week, to last me a life time(sure I cause some of it, but that's besides the point.). I don't need it on a lightsaber forum too.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Cale Kral
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -5

I'm no slave. Are you feeling brave...

« Reply #116 on: January 14, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »

I bought from Ultra sabers a few years ago, when I was thinking about getting into this hobby. Then life happened, and I had to return the sabers to Ultra and get a refund. I'll be the first to admit, I was a pr*ck of a customer. Turns out the fault on getting my money back was my own. And on that note, since I'm sure Ultra will remember this incident..... I'm sorry. I was impatient and rude and you handled it with grace and style. So Kudos to you brother.

It's because of his handling of this incident and the increased quality and variety of his sabers, that I am coming back and going to be purchasing morel, and no worries no returning them this time.

Hope your business grows, and the drama slows.

Cale

Dark side points welcomed.

"I'll take the stupid one who threatened us when he should have killed us"

Dominix LE V2 CG

Master Lucien Kane
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 296

Jedi Knight of the Old Republic

« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2012, 07:17:58 AM »

I'm on a few different saber forums... I like a lot of different saber manufacturers all for different reasons. One thing that's really starting to piss me off about this hobby is the awful falling outs former friends have. I don't know what happened, honestly I don't care. I'm just sad that there is so much strife over such a fun hobby.

I'm glad I'm not a professional sabersmith... Frankly I've been influenced by a lot of this crap to never want to start professionally making sabers.. I plan to start building sabers, but they will be for family, friends, and personal favors for people. Maybe the occasional trade. So so sad.

Anywho Ultra, keep your head up through this, and remember forgiveness. You seem like a really awesome guy, and a great sabersmith. I have a phantasm. I love it. I hope this stuff works itself out soon, and I wish you the best.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2012, 07:23:19 AM »

^Much the same sentiments as my own.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Osmethae
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 84

« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »

Just wanted to help keep Ultra's faith up in his hobby, a friend bought a saber from you and showed it off to me which made me IMMEDIATELY buy one. Everything about the saber (Archon v2) is absolutely perfect and I had no problems. Then my friends saber was having some electric problems, sent his saber in to get fixed, and upon getting it it had a dent on the emitter. All he had to do was email US and they sent him a brand new emitter free of charge, including the shipping. After that I bought ANOTHER one (Bellicose) and cannot wait for its arrival.. and I know for a fact another friend will be purchasing a Guardian this weekend.

You have many peoples support and hope you never give up on making these magnificent affordable sabers. A big wholehearted thanks from many!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm buying a double bladed for my brother's birthday here in a few weeks.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:46:29 PM by Osmethae » Logged

Light side points please :]
CG Archon v2 customized to Luke's RotJ with Obsidian sound
BR Bellicose with Obsidian sound
GB Phantom Initiate v3 staff with Obsidian sound
DVA Raven with Obsidian sound

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: