Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 251553 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 07:16:12 PM »

I'm going to unlock this thread and make a very simple clarification on the FoC rumor.  You can debate these points with me if you can, but flaming will not be tolerated, so keep it civil.

About the Flash on Clash trademark...

Plecter is lying to you.  Plain and simple.

First, a company based in FRANCE can't claim common-law trademarks in the UNITED STATES.  A foreign company can only attain trademark protection by having a Federal trademark - which Plecter does not have.  So the claim that FoC is a TM of Plecter is a flat out lie just on it's face.

Plecter's other claim, that they coined the term "flash on clash", is equally false.  The first appearance of the term "flash on clash" in a Plecter manual is dated December 2010.  A simple google search will confirm that not only was that term being used in the community years before that date, but that it was commonly used before Plecter even entered the hobby.

As for the feature itself, sorry, but Plecter wasnt the first to make a saber that flashed on impact.  The very first commercial saber with that function was the Hasbro Darth Maul that had an actual flash unit inside the blade that would flash on impact.

So if Plecter didn't invent the term, doesn't hold a Trademark on the term, and didn't even invent the feature.... on what grounds can he make any claim of having exclusive rights to use the term Flash on Clash??  He has no actual claim, that's why he started an internet defamation campaign instead of an actual legal proceeding.

Erv is lying to you and using you to hurt his competition.  You should be upset about that.  The sad thing is, you are buying the lies even though it's easy for anyone to research this on their own.  You don't have to take my word for it, go to google and research it yourself.  Search for "flash on clash" and set the date parameter to before 2007.  Go on, verifiy this yourself!

Now, if you want to talk about copying ideas and giving no credit, you have no farther to look than at every single blade made for sabers today.

The shouldered polycarbonate blade tip machined from solid polycarbonate is an Ultra Sabers invention and the original draft schematic for it is published in the United States Library of Congress.  I hold the federal copyright for the original mechanical drawing of the blade tip we all use today.  Before me, everyone used either acrylic tips (Yoda from FX-Sabers) or they made cast resin tips (TCSS).  I was the ONLY one to machine a blade tip from a solid piece of polycarbonate; it was my invention, and it's so good every other seller uses them - but does any other builder give me credit or even ask my permission to make copies of them?  No.  TCSS makes unauthorized  copies of them and sells them without my permission, but you don't see me making slanderous online rumors about TCSS.  That battle will happen in court, not the internet.

The same can be said for many of my inventions - the MLS module, threaded heatsink, palace emitter, etc - copied without my permission and used by the same people who spread rumors about my company.  It's sickening.

Once again, this is public information and you can verify this yourself just by searching the US copyright online database.  If you are a man of honor, not only would you apologize for the false FoC accusation, but you will be equally angered that so many other sellers are using my Intellectual Property without permission and then using you to fight their little internet wars.  

People really need to stop being pawns in other people's internet wars.  I've never asked any of our customers to engage in online defamation of my competitors.  It's wrong and is an abuse of influence.  When my competitors ask you to "go spread the truth about Ultra Sabers' bad business practices", they are asking you to enlist in their internet army and fight their battles for them.  Realize that it's wrong, unethical, and you shouldn't do it.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 07:24:52 PM »

Wow, I didn't know that.

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=1&ti=1,1&Search%5FArg=shouldered%20polycarbonate%20blade%20tip&Search%5FCode=FT%2A&CNT=25&PID=HIFWTvz6mHxTQyVKZs_HnIQ5O&SEQ=20111201142306&SID=1

But uh, now I do!

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 07:39:17 PM »

Amen!

I've always found the best policy online is to stay out of other people's battles. If you wish to get involved, or to support a side, that's fine... as long as it's JUST that. Support. Not flaming, attacks, or what have you. I love US, so when I talk to people, I tell them my good experiences with the company. That's it. They ask my experience, and I tell them. I tell anyone who'll listen. lol But I don't go around telling everyone that so and so did this or that, or spread negativity. I just pass on what I know is good about a given company. Plain and simple. It's easy to support, or to give an opinion without starting a war or a flame fest. The wars are the business of the COMPANIES, not the customers, not the public. If there is an issue, it's worked out by those involved. Starting a hate war is just.... vicious. Vicious and uncalled for.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

LordDesann
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

Is that your friend in the woodchipper?!!

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 07:43:44 PM »

Whoa! Same here!

Staff Member of East Coast Sabers (Saber Club)
(www.eastcoastsabers.com)

AB Raven
SY Bellicose
FO Overlord
BR Dark Liberator v3

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 07:46:48 PM »

If it helps in any way I have not heard about any rumors until now. But even if I did, they're just rumors. I own several of your products and love them and I've also experienced your amazing customer support. I may get frustrated when sabers have problems, but I always know that you guys will help me handle it! I hope that you don't give up, Ultra. You've created a great thing here, and of course, whenever something great shows up others try to stomp it out. I'm glad that you're staying strong and not giving in to anything!

P.S. I wish I could give out more than just one point per hour.  Cheesy

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »

I don't concern myself with that stuff and tend to buy from people that never let me down. This is why I have one of those stunt Obi-Wan Ep 1 sabers, a converted ROTS Obi, two Archon V1s ala grab bag, an Aeon, an Oppressor, a Standard, A Yari, and even one of those Tonfa sabers from Ultra. Dreaming also has a Prophecy, an Initiate V3, an Initiate V2 for one kid, and one of those Archons for the other. I've bought a little bit of stuff from TCSS, but you guys are the biggest share of my collection. I don't think I've seen a Plecter product in person, much less bought one.

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »

Go get em Ultra!

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 08:00:21 PM »

The proof is in the pudding......

I just want to say that I actually didn't know about these rumors, until I saw this thread earlier this morning. But it's still sad that adults can't act as such in this day and age. As someone who works retail, I can attest to this. I've seen children in the store who acted more mature than their parents. It's sad.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2011, 08:05:15 PM »

Almost forgot, I got an arbiter back in the day that I've modified so much that I didn't think about it right away...

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »

The proof is in the pudding......

I just want to say that I actually didn't know about these rumors, until I saw this thread earlier this morning. But it's still sad that adults can't act as such in this day and age. As someone who works retail, I can attest to this. I've seen children in the store who acted more mature than their parents. It's sad.

The same, on both counts. Well, I had seen some videos on youtube bashing about the sound issue, and they alluded to other things, but didn't really mention anything. Why must competition be so violent and immature? (another example: superstores. Ever see a Wal-Mart without a Target nearby? Or vise versa? lol) Such childish behavior in adults is disappointing, but in whole companies.... it's unacceptable.

I am not a color...

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 08:21:15 PM »

The same, on both counts. Well, I had seen some videos on youtube bashing about the sound issue, and they alluded to other things, but didn't really mention anything. Why must competition be so violent and immature? (another example: superstores. Ever see a Wal-Mart without a Target nearby? Or vise versa? lol) Such childish behavior in adults is disappointing, but in whole companies.... it's unacceptable.

The shoppers are worse, though. Did anyone see that pepper spray thing at Wal-Mart? I know I'm off topic, but its almost relevant...

Moderator Nightwing
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -262

Peace is a lie; There is only passion

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 08:33:21 PM »

The shoppers are worse, though. Did anyone see that pepper spray thing at Wal-Mart? I know I'm off topic, but its almost relevant...

Lets not get too off topic.  No one who is involved in the rumors (that I know of) got pepper sprayed.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 08:37:21 PM »

Threadjack, the sad thing is, people were actually coming to this forum and using the PM system to spread these rumors secretly to new members who would register here.  General Veers, from the FX-Sabers forum, was one of the people doing this.  I would not have known about these cloak-and-dagger tactics since they were done via PM, but thankfully, several members sent me copies of the PM's being sent and I was able to take action.  

This is the type of internet battling that people should stay out of.  People who think they are "fighting the good fight" for a vendor they support can find themselves on the wrong side of a defamation suit when they are asked to engage in this type of behavior.  You can't just go around calling someone a criminal and trying to hurt their reputation.  Even on the internet there are real world consequences to that.

When sellers ask their supporters to do these things, do they even care about the consequences that may befall their supporters?  It doesn't seem like they do.

That's why I would never encourage this activity from any of you.  I can fight my own battles, the only support I ask from any of you is *positive* support of Ultra Sabers, not negative crusades against my competitors.

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 08:42:31 PM »

And that's why we love you Ultra. Well, that and you're phenomenal product and service.  Grin With you, there simply is no crap. Just honesty and straight up service. Smiley

I am not a color...

Jammo
Knight Commander

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:19 PM »

You know, I have friends that ask me, "Mike, I want to buy a lightsaber. Where do I go?" I always tell them to give Ultra a look...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: