Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 251023 times)
Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« on: December 01, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »

I hate responding to internet rumors.  I choose to keep rumors off the forums because I truly believe that addressing rumors gives undue validation to them.  Ignoring rumors typically makes them go away, however, its been months now, and people are still asking me about random rumors about our business practices.

The first thing every REASONABLE person must remember, is that REAL business disputes are fought in court, not internet forums, facebook, youtube, or email chains.  If the first thing a person does is start a forum war, it means their argument is personal, not professional, and their statements should be scrutinized.

However, not everyone is reasonable...

There is also a very illogical belief that by not responding to these rumors, I am admitting they are true.  This is just plain stupid, but unfortunately, the belief has become wide spread and now I feel compelled to respond against my better judgment.

This is the bottom line:  Ultra Sabers is not involved in anything illegal or unethical.  If we were a lousy company that defrauded our customers and made inferior products, we would be out of business by now.  As it is, we are the most successful combat saber manufacturer on the face of the planet.  This hobby is actually pretty small, so the majority of our business is from repeat customers that continue to choose Ultra Sabers year after year.  I think that speaks for itself.

Some people have wanted to know what's going on with me and Novastar, well, I can't really think of a nice way to put this, so I will just say it like it is:  Novastar lied to everyone about what transpired.  He told everyone he wasnt paid a dime, when in fact he was paid thousands and then decided to break our contract based on a personality conflict with Emory - it was personal, not professional.  I've had enough of the lies and I am going to legally hold him accountible for his actions.  I now have impending litigation against Novastar for material breech of contract and defamation of character.  The details of the impending case will not be made public here nor will I be discussing the case in public until a ruling is made.   I also cannot allow discussion of impending litigation on these forums until the case is settled, so please, no questions.  Just know that we are distributing fonts with permission, so have no worries there.

Like I said, true business disputes are fought in court, not the internet.

Rumors have been spread about me and my company ever since we dared to compete with other sellers.  Our loyalty and obligation are only to those who wield the weapons we create - that's it.  We hold no loyalties to any seller's club, clique, council, society, or guild and we will not artificially inflate our prices to a pre-agreed-to pricing structure just to make other sellers more money.

All we do at Ultra Sabers is provide high quality dueling sabers that cost a fraction of what other sellers charge and even less than it would cost to build yourself.  Why?  Because we can.  As you can imagine, doing this doesn't make us many friends in the saber building establishment, but frankly, I dont care what other sellers think about us.  If the only way they can compete is by spreading vicious rumors, well, that speaks more about them than me.

I prefer to do my talking with my Sabers and then let the public vote with their wallets.  If we have the right combo of product/price/service then we will thrive.  If not, we will fail.  That's all there is to it.  Everything else is just meaningless drama that does nothing but take advantage of you, the customer, by trying to get you to buy something from someone else that will cost you more money.

My deepest wish for this hobby is that every seller will adopt this same philosophy and drop the tired tactic of negative campaigning.

Now here's my message to the other sellers out there creating all this drama;

If you want to compete with Ultra Sabers, you can easily do so with the following formula:

Make a better product than us, for less money than us, with better service than us. See how easy that is?  So stop spreading rumors on the internet and do it, already.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 12:30:54 PM »

Well put Ultra

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:05:21 PM »

I am not an employee of UltraSabers and I have never met Ultra personally.  I will say the following:  Ultrasabers has provided quality products to my friends.  I have looked at other websites and Ultrasabers is the only one that shows their products like true salesmen and saleswomen.  Having worked on a magazine in my past, I understand how to display products, advertise them, and I also understand that things must evolve for a business to continue to grow.  Ultrasabers does this and does it with the customer in mind.

The things I have personally seen on the Internet against Ultrasabers has infuritated me.  I can only imagine how the employees of Ultrasabers feel.  What I have seen is Yellow Journalism to the tenth degree.  I hate that garbage with my very soul and it seems to creep into everything these days.  If people had proof, they would provide it and true journalists and reviewers would not have to resort to "anonymous" sources which is a thinly veiled attempt to say "I am making the crap up as I go along."

Ultra, you have my support and you will have my business and my families' business.  I will give you as many referrals as possible.  I for one want to express to you that you have my sympathy that you have to put up with some much drama this close to the holidays. 

Enjoy your holidays!

JJ

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 01:09:40 PM »

"Make a better product than us, for less money than us, with better service than us." - Ultra

This? Will never happen.

I think you guys have cornered a niche market quite well.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Master Bluespike74
Guardian Prime
Vanguard of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 977

As long as there is light, I will be here.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 01:14:04 PM »

I 2nd that!

Guided by the Aing Tii Monks

Shodan in Shaolin Kempo Karate/Kung Fu/Jiu Jitsu

Yes, I am a color:  BLUE

Mordhel
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 01:56:55 PM »

I am still relatively new to this website and it's community. Heck, I haven't even gotten my first lightsaber yet (it's in the mail though) but I have browsed the forums extensively for pictures, reviews, advice, etc.

Other than what has been said in this thread, I have no idea what is going on. And frankly, it doesn't really concern me.

All I know is that this company and the community that has grown to support it have an outstanding relationship, at a level which is rarely seen nowadays. I have read through so many cases of complications, minor details, custom ideas, and odd requests and even if an employee does not respond right away with answers, the community itself is more than willing to step up and lend a hand. A good company leads to a good community. We can only dream that more companies follow the example of ultrasabers.

Regardless of when I get my first saber, I know I'll be ordering from you guys again.

Daddy Solo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 02:14:51 PM »

"Make a better product than us, for less money than us, with better service than us." - Ultra

This? Will never happen.

I think you guys have cornered a niche market quite well.

that is true... no one can really compete with a company like Walmart, but personally I don't want a mass produced item from a company that markets its wares based on  what is cheapest & fastest and off the backs of other's labor (FoC™). I'll go for a Mercedes or BMW or even a Caddie anytime over a Kia. Since I dare to speak my mind (which opposes Ultra's business model) I'll probably be banned any minute now and my post deleted, but cest la guerre!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:19:13 PM by Daddy Solo » Logged

Eko Jorn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

Shoot first.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 02:33:15 PM »

that is true... no one can really compete with a company like Walmart, but personally I don't want a mass produced item from a company that markets its wares based on  what is cheapest & fastest and off the backs of other's labor (FoC™). I'll go for a Mercedes or BMW or even a Caddie anytime over a Kia. Since I dare to speak my mind (which opposes Ultra's business model) I'll probably be banned any minute now and my post deleted, but cest la guerre!

I don't have the money for fancy cars.  Many people don't.  I want a car I can crash again and again and fix over and over.  Why does what you want matter to somebody else?  Are there better sabers?  Maybe, but that's an opinion.  I don't know what this is all about but it seems like you are attacking Walmart and defaming them.  I don't wanna start a fire here (Billy Joel) because you are entitled to your opinion.

Side note: Shoot first.

Save the Force points for someone who can use them.  Send me some Credits.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »

We would appreciate it if the negativity was toned down, this was Ultra trying to inform his customers of some of the issues occurring right now - likely as a response to a lot of harassment he is getting about the situation.  My main thought concerning your comment is that I think we all know not everyone can afford a BMW or a Mercedes.  I don't have one in my driveway, does anyone else here?  Oh yes I would take a Porsche over a Camry any day, but I know I couldn't even afford the gas and insurance for a Porsche, let alone the car itself!  Similarly, not everyone has the kind of disposable income to get a $1500 saber... not bragging at all but I have a pretty damn good job and I can't even afford that!

One more thing... you seem to think we censor people over here who "oppose Ultra's business model."  If joining a forum just to bash a company with no real proof is "speaking your mind" then clearly I had the wrong idea.  Yes we all have the right to free speech, but that doesn't give you the right to spout accusations and insult a businessman who is attempting to notify his customers of events.  The reason we removed these kinds of posts is because they're just posted to start drama and flaming, which is not something we want over here.  I know it's a little different on other forums, but around here we have a rule of thumb that says "respect others" and we all try to stay civil.

I will leave your post for now as an example of the kind of childish lashing out that goes on, please try to act with a bit more courtesy in the future or you will indeed be banned from this forum.

Daddy Solo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 02:53:23 PM »

We would appreciate it if the negativity was toned down, this was Ultra trying to inform his customers of some of the issues occurring right now - likely as a response to a lot of harassment he is getting about the situation.  My main thought concerning your comment is that I think we all know not everyone can afford a BMW or a Mercedes.  I don't have one in my driveway, does anyone else here?  Oh yes I would take a Porsche over a Camry any day, but I know I couldn't even afford the gas and insurance for a Porsche, let alone the car itself!  Similarly, not everyone has the kind of disposable income to get a $1500 saber... not bragging at all but I have a pretty damn good job and I can't even afford that!

One more thing... you seem to think we censor people over here who "oppose Ultra's business model."  If joining a forum just to bash a company with no real proof is "speaking your mind" then clearly I had the wrong idea.  Yes we all have the right to free speech, but that doesn't give you the right to spout accusations and insult a businessman who is attempting to notify his customers of events.  The reason we removed these kinds of posts is because they're just posted to start drama and flaming, which is not something we want over here.  I know it's a little different on other forums, but around here we have a rule of thumb that says "respect others" and we all try to stay civil.

I will leave your post for now as an example of the kind of childish lashing out that goes on, please try to act with a bit more courtesy in the future or you will indeed be banned from this forum.

this is exactly the response I expected. I've been a member here since the forum began (before all the sound font/ FoC™ controversy) but haven't posted much. I even own several US products (my kids love 'em). I have also been witness to Ultra's repeated negative and inflammatory and insulting  posts over at Fx - which were not removed, nor was he banned (?), until recently. You're gonna call me out for being childish? really?? as a moderator on a lightsaber forum?? As for being banned, tell that to anyone else who posts something remotely unfavorable to US. You wanna ban me just because I'm not a sycophant, do what you must if that's what makes you happy and makes US more money

EDIT: User referred to people currently involved in litigation with Ultrasabers LLC.  As stated in the OP this creates a legal issue.  To avoid these this post was edited for content.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:15:28 PM by Master Artorius Vidnyl » Logged

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »

that is true... no one can really compete with a company like Walmart, but personally I don't want a mass produced item from a company that markets its wares based on  what is cheapest & fastest and off the backs of other's labor (FoC™). I'll go for a Mercedes or BMW or even a Caddie anytime over a Kia. Since I dare to speak my mind (which opposes Ultra's business model) I'll probably be banned any minute now and my post deleted, but cest la guerre!
If you do not own an UltraSaber,nor have experienced their customer service (the best I've ever seen) , don't down the company on their website. Even UltraSabers cheapest stunt saber is high quality, and not everyone can afford a $1500 custom make . Order a UltraSaber  give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

dark side points please

LordDesann
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

Is that your friend in the woodchipper?!!

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 02:59:03 PM »

Dear me! Now i feel silly trying to pm Ultra now that ive read this.

As a fan of lightsaber, i came into the hands of Ultrasabers after being scammed by SF. And let me say that the past two years of being able to bring these "ultra" awseome sabers into my house, i've never seen such service in a company. I have 7 sabers at home and ive bought some for friends and family......heck even the saber club where i go is using Ultrasabers....were even hoping for a sponsorship! I guess that means Ultrasabers is that cool! Grin

You have my support Ultra! You guys NEVER  let me down.

Staff Member of East Coast Sabers (Saber Club)
(www.eastcoastsabers.com)

AB Raven
SY Bellicose
FO Overlord
BR Dark Liberator v3

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 03:01:36 PM »

Wow. I have seen Ultra Saber bashing videos and I was actually offended by them. I won't go into details but yeah. I have 2 Ultra Sabers and they are great. Dominix V2 LE and a Liberator. Working on getting my 3rd Ultra Saber next week which will be a Bellicose. I support Ultra and Emory in every way possible. Lightsabers are a fun hobby. It brings out the nerd in us. xp Keep making lightsabers and don't let the internet bullies stop you guys. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 03:05:18 PM »

this is exactly the response I expected. I've been a member here since the forum began (before all the sound font/ FoC™ controversy) but haven't posted much. I even own several US products (my kids love 'em). I have also been witness to Ultra's repeated negative and inflammatory and insulting  posts over at Fx - which were not removed, nor was he banned (?), until recently. You're gonna call me out for being childish? really?? as a moderator on a lightsaber forum?? As for being banned, tell that to Caine or Novastar or anyone else who posts something remotely unfavorable to US. You wanna ban me just because I'm not a sycophant, do what you must if that's what makes you happy and makes US more money

Well I thought my point was I WASN'T going to ban you for "not being a sycophant."  Not sure if you missed that part, maybe you didn't read carefully before you posted again, but I was saying that we ban people who come over here merely to start fights... I don't think anyone wants a big old flame war, but if that kind of immaturity is the norm on your forum (which it isn't btw, I see the mods over there trying to keep order as well) then go ahead and go back there.  I'm glad you have several US products and enjoy them, and it's a shame you seem to have the view that we're some kind of overlords over here... clearly you have the wrong idea.  This forum is for friendly discussion of products made by Ultrasabers, not arguments and sniping.

I felt I was perfectly cordial in my first post, I merely wanted to address some holes in your logic.  I'm sorry you seem to be unable to take my criticism without getting emotional - this is the kind of behavior that prompts me to use the word "childish" in fact.  Since you seem hell bent on making this a flame thread, I'm gonna lock it.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 06:39:12 PM »

I just want to take the opportunity (hopefully before the locking) to say.... Point for Ultra! I appreciate as a customer that we are kept in the loop. I'm also sorry to hear about such troubles as mentioned and seen in this thread, and support Ultra and what he does for keeping the customer so in mind and being so professional. Not to mention being a saber smith in a way that there simply ISN'T another like out there. There's loads of custom smiths, and semi-custom smiths, and made to order smiths.... but Ultra really is the only combat specialist. The guy that makes affordable, durable, fighting sabers, and does it well. Smiley

And on the Wal-Mart crack.... um, can I just say.... I think Ultra's products last longer than most Wal-Mart items, and he has a WAY better customer service department, as many will attest to. (NOTE: there's stuff I do and don't like about Wally World, and I shop there often enough, so I'm not wanting anyone to run with this as a rant on them. lol)

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: