Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46   Go Down
Author Topic: A note concerning some of the rumors flying around...  (Read 251106 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #660 on: June 18, 2018, 05:36:26 PM »

I'm new to US; however, the time that I've spent with them asking questions and whatnot have been beyond pleasant.  I based critics and reviews on my own and not on others since there are people who, no matter what you do to try and please them, they won't be happy and will complain.  US is my go-to saber smith for all of my needs and wants.   

MNewell1
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 47

« Reply #661 on: August 29, 2018, 04:33:01 PM »

I am very pleased with US.  I was first introduced to them through my nephews, who brought their ultrasabers over to play.  Really liked the quality and the ability to duel with the sabers.

Became a customer this summer, buying a Crimson Scorpion with Lite Sound, and won a stunt Aeon v4 in the raffle!

Already scoping out my next purchase!

MNewell1

Sabers Owned:  Crimson Scorpion - Tri FO
                        Aeon v4 - AB
                        Dark Sentinel LE v4 - Tri AS
                        Initiate v3 - Tri CG
                        Apprentice LE v4 - Tri GB

Wish List:  Emperor's Hand - VA
                Dominix LE v4 - SRD

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #662 on: August 29, 2018, 05:23:58 PM »

Even if I didn't win in the raffle, I would still give US a great review since my experience with them have never been below amazing.  With that said, during my time with Emory and getting my grand prizes built, I was supposed to build my sabers and send him the list of upgrades and configuration.  He gave it about a week and didn't hear from me so sent a final edit email which I responded with my builds.  (Back story: I was out sick for about a week and forgotten about my build).  He responded that he'll get it taken cared of and both sabers including my entry one was shipped out the next day.  I received them the day after.  Take about customer service!  Thank you Emory and Ultrasabers once again for your attention to detail and customer service!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #663 on: September 10, 2018, 12:42:31 AM »

That's a great story Infinit but seriously, you forgot about your grand prize builds??!!, you must have been REAALLY sick!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #664 on: September 10, 2018, 01:08:32 AM »

I've never had anything but good service from Ultrasabers. That's why I've been ordering for over 2 years. I've shopped some "other guys" and not found better prices or faster building and shipping. Heck, some take more than a week just to take an empty hilt off the shelf, wrap it and ship it. Not Ultrasabers. Empties usually go out the same day, maybe the next and full sabers go out about that quickly too. On the rare occasions where I've contacted US customer service, I've gotten an e-mail back that day or the next, and a quick resolution to issues. Seriously, there's nobody better than Marlena when it comes to customer service.

So, yeah, rumors are one thing. But, until you experience something yourself, it's just hearsay.

lvarre911
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

Sith-hopeful

« Reply #665 on: September 10, 2018, 08:56:21 PM »

I can easily say, although I'm new to Ultrasabers, that I truly feel OBJECTIVELY that US provides the best variety and customization at the best prices. It's a pretty simple formula. Provide a unique product that a lot of folks want, provide it at a decent price and have decent customer service. In every business, for every positive experience, there will be a negative experience, and that's just life. Get over it, I guess. But, consistently, it appears that US performs efficiently more than not. I look forward to purchasing my first saber from Ultrasabers...Lou

“When you finally betray me, I hope you care enough to try to kill me yourself.”
― Drew Karpyshyn, Path of Destruction

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #666 on: September 15, 2018, 04:40:37 AM »

I was wondering, and this is more of a moderation question: Would it be possible to change or unpin this topic? It kind of harkens to drama and unpleasantness, and implies that there are uncool rumors flying around about Ultrasabers, which I havent heard in some time. Not since the Dark times, the Empire

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #667 on: September 15, 2018, 04:44:35 AM »

I'd imagine if he wanted it unpinned, forum admin Ultra would do it himself. He's still active on the forum, naturally. He probably likes to keep it there because there are still people with biased opinions of this company who have never ordered anything from it, they're just going by some stuff on social media or YouTube, which still exists. (I hate when that crap pops up in my suggestions on YouTube)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #668 on: September 15, 2018, 05:20:17 AM »

Just today I did my weekly check of all my sabers and other than drained batteries on my diamond one, all my US sabers are rock solid in reliability.  The ones from the other guys all start having issues if not tended to constantly which is annoying.  It is weird sometimes they don't want to turn on even if they are charged, and I got to take them apart check the wiring etc (repair as needed) and then eventually they come back to life after cojoling them and doing a kill key mambo.  My US saber are always ready to go as long as I keep the batteries charged in them.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #669 on: September 15, 2018, 12:23:47 PM »

From a support stand point, I understand what Ultrasabers go through since I work in IT for my company and most people want support and help as soon as they send a request in. It’s just not how that works, there’s a ticketing system and you’re dropped into a queue if it’s busy and you’ll get helped or your questions answered in a timely fashion.  Most people are impatient and others tend to feel that they’re more important that the next guy.  Ultrasabers has the quickest response I’ve experienced and I dabbled with the other guys as well.  Where Ultrasabers may take a couple days to get back to you when they’re busy, the other guys takes several weeks. When Ultrasabers aren’t as busy, it’s several hours or within the same day.

I typically work about close 100 tickets a week and try to pride myself with a quick response. That’s one of the many reasons why most of the employees use me as a go to for support. With that said, Ultrasabers has the same work ethic and are my go to

Dark_Lord
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

Don't make me destroy you!!

« Reply #670 on: September 18, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »

I have never purchased a product from Ultra Sabers...YET.  However, I "window shop" the site almost every day.  Most times a chat box pops up and I let the customer service rep know that I'm just window shopping and drooling over the cool toys I can't yet afford.  Every time they have been as courteous and helpful as anyone could expect them to be.  I look forward to being able to buy either a stunt saber or a saber with the Obsidian Lite sound from Ultra Sabers.

I have watched a video on YouTube where a customer has bashed Ultra Sabers allegedly over a failed LED module that they "refused" to fix properly and I have read "reviews" where Emory was horribly maligned.  All I can go on is what my limited interactions have been with Ultra Sabers.  My limited interactions leaves me unable to fairly judge, so I won't.  I think it's only proper for one to keep one's mouth shut when one is not in possession of ALL the facts in a given matter. I can only state what I've experienced and what I've experienced is friendly, helpful service.

Here's something else I consider:  Every company, no matter how hard they try to deliver a flawless product is occasionally going to have a dud get past them.  This happens in the best of companies with the strictest quality control programs in place, so no company should be totally trashed and disparaged because of an occasional bad apple.  That's not fair.  Not a one of us is flawlessly perfect. Not a one. I'd be willing to wager, based on my limited interactions with Ultra Sabers, that if a customer received a saber that was truly malfunctioning in some way right out of the box and the malfunction WAS NOT DUE TO CUSTOMER TAMPERING, MISUSE OR ABUSE Ultra Sabers would quickly and most happily remedy the issue.  I don't even think they'd expect the customer to pay for return shipping.  I think Ultra Sabers would issue an RMA  and provide shipping on them both ways.

Ultra Sabers know it would be 'game over' if they were producing inferior grade sabers that have a high failure rate and refusing to honor any sort of warranty.

Sadly, I do believe that there are people in the world that would abuse a saber and then claim it was defective once they've torn it up.  Some reasons a lightsaber might be killed by the customer:

They tried to full-contact duel with a mid-grade blade.
They tried to go in look at / alter the electronics without knowing what they were doing and damaged an electrical connection in the process.
They tried to cut down a white oak with their new saber and wrecked it in the process  Grin
They were trying some fancy spins or flourishes and accidentally threw the saber and it hit something at the right spot hard enough to damage the internals.

Also, in this country we should only accept "guilty" when LEGITIMATE, VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE has been presented; not hearsay or innuendo; not internet rumors from unidentifiable sources. 

You don't know the POWER of the dark side!!

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #671 on: October 09, 2018, 04:13:43 PM »

I have never purchased a product from Ultra Sabers...YET.  However, I "window shop" the site almost every day.  Most times a chat box pops up and I let the customer service rep know that I'm just window shopping and drooling over the cool toys I can't yet afford.  Every time they have been as courteous and helpful as anyone could expect them to be.  I look forward to being able to buy either a stunt saber or a saber with the Obsidian Lite sound from Ultra Sabers.

I have watched a video on YouTube where a customer has bashed Ultra Sabers allegedly over a failed LED module that they "refused" to fix properly and I have read "reviews" where Emory was horribly maligned.  All I can go on is what my limited interactions have been with Ultra Sabers.  My limited interactions leaves me unable to fairly judge, so I won't.  I think it's only proper for one to keep one's mouth shut when one is not in possession of ALL the facts in a given matter. I can only state what I've experienced and what I've experienced is friendly, helpful service.

Here's something else I consider:  Every company, no matter how hard they try to deliver a flawless product is occasionally going to have a dud get past them.  This happens in the best of companies with the strictest quality control programs in place, so no company should be totally trashed and disparaged because of an occasional bad apple.  That's not fair.  Not a one of us is flawlessly perfect. Not a one. I'd be willing to wager, based on my limited interactions with Ultra Sabers, that if a customer received a saber that was truly malfunctioning in some way right out of the box and the malfunction WAS NOT DUE TO CUSTOMER TAMPERING, MISUSE OR ABUSE Ultra Sabers would quickly and most happily remedy the issue.  I don't even think they'd expect the customer to pay for return shipping.  I think Ultra Sabers would issue an RMA  and provide shipping on them both ways.

Ultra Sabers know it would be 'game over' if they were producing inferior grade sabers that have a high failure rate and refusing to honor any sort of warranty.

Sadly, I do believe that there are people in the world that would abuse a saber and then claim it was defective once they've torn it up.  Some reasons a lightsaber might be killed by the customer:

They tried to full-contact duel with a mid-grade blade.
They tried to go in look at / alter the electronics without knowing what they were doing and damaged an electrical connection in the process.
They tried to cut down a white oak with their new saber and wrecked it in the process  Grin
They were trying some fancy spins or flourishes and accidentally threw the saber and it hit something at the right spot hard enough to damage the internals.

Also, in this country we should only accept "guilty" when LEGITIMATE, VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE has been presented; not hearsay or innuendo; not internet rumors from unidentifiable sources. 

Exactly, that is perfectly stated, and I agree whole-heartedly.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #672 on: October 10, 2018, 02:45:51 AM »

I haven't been disappointed by Ultrasabers yet, and I've bought NUMEROUS sabers from them.
My only experience buying from the 'other guys' was, well, not so good. But I won't get into the details here

Dark_Lord
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 1

Don't make me destroy you!!

« Reply #673 on: October 26, 2018, 12:05:59 PM »

Exactly, that is perfectly stated, and I agree whole-heartedly.

Thanks.  It is my motto to GIVE the same level of fairness, honesty and understanding as I expect to receive.

You don't know the POWER of the dark side!!

Rashimotosan
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 50

Use your moments of weakness to find your power.

« Reply #674 on: November 20, 2018, 02:41:17 PM »

I've been trying to get a custom hilt from one of the other guys for about 2 months now. I email every week and keep getting told their custom shop is closed while they do sabers already in their queue. I guess it's holiday time so I could give them the benefit of the doubt but I also keep getting tidbits of different info as to when they'll get caught up and conflicting info about costs from like 5 different customer service people. And then I have to reexplain to a new person what the last person said. It's infuriating and needless to say a real turn off. I like that US has a small dedicated group of people assisting customers. It makes it easier to followup. TBH I'm on the brink of giving up with the other company. As of right now I got two US sabers in my cart. Just waiting for my Friday check to hit the checkout button. Probably won't have the money for another saber for a long while after that so the other guys missed out on a sale. But hey, I get two sweet new sabers at 15% off so probably worked out for the best.

Bruh, this isn't even my final form.

(I like my force like I like my checkbook...balanced)

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: