Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: THE MOVIE - Poster  (Read 13357 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: December 10, 2018, 06:14:51 PM »

What do we think?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 11:15:22 AM »

UGH! Can we get a friggin' break from the nostalgia crap movies, and get an original idea?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 06:23:04 PM »

UGH! Can we get a friggin' break from the nostalgia crap movies, and get an original idea?

I don’t think that’s possible for some reason. Hollywood doesn’t have any imagination at this point

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 06:25:51 PM »

I don’t think that’s possible for some reason. Hollywood doesn’t have any imagination at this point
Yeah, Hollywood does seem to be lacking in that area recently. And I thought Ready Player One did a good enough job of the old nostalgia trip already.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »

Yeah, Hollywood does seem to be lacking in that area recently. And I thought Ready Player One did a good enough job of the old nostalgia trip already.

Agreed on Ready Player One but that’s a book that was brought to the big screen so it’s not a Hollywood idea either

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 06:35:41 PM »

Hollywood has never been original or set trends. It's always small independent directors/studios who are creative and do something different. When they come up with something successful then Hollywood jumps on the bandwagon and floods the market with movies of varying quality until we reach saturation point and those movies cease to make money. Then another independent studio/director comes along and does something original. And then Hollywood jumps on that bandwagon. Rinse and repeat. It's been like that since at least the 50s.

However, if this movie is fully cgi like The Jungle Book, then it could be cool. If it cgi/live action mix (like The Smurfs movie) then count me out.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 11:37:32 AM »

IDK. I just saw Bright over the weekend. I loved it. The plot wasn't the most original, but the concept was awesome. Middle Earth meets LAPD. Takes racism to a whole new level.

Agreed on Ready Player One but that’s a book that was brought to the big screen so it’s not a Hollywood idea either
Exactly. I'm far more forgiving of the book-film category. Video games, especially when the OG is a sidescrolling platformer, leave far too much to be interpreted storywise. Just look at the train wreck of Super Mario Bros. (Speaking of......)

However, if this movie is fully cgi like The Jungle Book, then it could be cool. If it cgi/live action mix (like The Smurfs movie) then count me out.
Which Jungle Book? The last one with Idris as Sher Khan?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 07:03:13 PM »

Exactly. I'm far more forgiving of the book-film category. Video games, especially when the OG is a sidescrolling platformer, leave far too much to be interpreted storywise. Just look at the train wreck of Super Mario Bros. (Speak of......)

Agreed.  All of it

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 07:09:42 PM »

That’s a real poster?  You’re joking, right?

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 07:12:35 PM »

Which Jungle Book? The last one with Idris as Sher Khan?
Yep. Not saying it has to be exactly like that. But if it's closer to that than the smurfs, then i'll be happy.

The problem with computer game adaptations is exactly what was wrong with comic book movies in the 90s. They are yet to crack the code. Back then studios took a lot of liberties with the source material to make the films more "cinematic" and "audience relatable" (with mild amounts of cheese thrown in as they keep thinking comic books were just for kids).

However, the one problem that remains with adapting a video game into a movie is a lot of the best video games are already massively cinematic in terms of scope and the visuals. What studios should do when adapting a property is bring on board some of the video game script writers to come up with a new story just for the movies. Don't adapt a storyline that has already been featured in the game, don't do things you think "the audience will love" and treat the source material with the same reverence and respect as comic book movies now receive.

That’s a real poster?  You’re joking, right?
I believe it is a real poster.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 12:28:40 PM »

Yep. Not saying it has to be exactly like that. But if it's closer to that than the smurfs, then i'll be happy.

The problem with computer game adaptations is exactly what was wrong with comic book movies in the 90s. They are yet to crack the code. Back then studios took a lot of liberties with the source material to make the films more "cinematic" and "audience relatable" (with mild amounts of cheese thrown in as they keep thinking comic books were just for kids).

However, the one problem that remains with adapting a video game into a movie is a lot of the best video games are already massively cinematic in terms of scope and the visuals. What studios should do when adapting a property is bring on board some of the video game script writers to come up with a new story just for the movies. Don't adapt a storyline that has already been featured in the game, don't do things you think "the audience will love" and treat the source material with the same reverence and respect as comic book movies now receive.
Worse still is that games with really great stories often have good chunks of the story that play out in the game play. Like I would love to see the first God of War fleshed out into a movie, but too much of what made the game story great would have to be cut. And who wants that?

I wanted to hate the Ratchet and Clank movie. As a stand-alone movie with an alternate timeline, it was pretty good. It had enough tie-ins to appease the fans, but didn't try to redo the original.....until the corresponding game. All the movie scenes were related to the story of the movie while all...., well maybe 97.4% of the game play was an HD make over of the original game.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 08:00:03 PM »

One of my favourite game franchises is Assassins Creed. However the film makers seemed to think the most interesting part of the game was to focus on modern day in the real world, when any gamer will tell you all the best and most interesting stuff happens inside the animus when you're in the past. Like I said, filmmakers are clueless when adapting the good parts of a video game, which is why they should get some of the game developers on board from brainstorming stage to the script stage.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2018, 08:09:34 PM »

One of my favourite game franchises is Assassins Creed. However the film makers seemed to think the most interesting part of the game was to focus on modern day in the real world, when any gamer will tell you all the best and most interesting stuff happens inside the animus when you're in the past. Like I said, filmmakers are clueless when adapting the good parts of a video game, which is why they should get some of the game developers on board from brainstorming stage to the script stage.

Agreed, I like the movie for Assassin's Creed but did feel that it fell short of it's game counterpart

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2018, 01:29:17 PM »

Or better yet, quit trying to keep the entire project under wraps and let the spoiler out that the movie is going to be made, like at a prestigious con. Poll the demographic that will most likely see your movie: "What do you want to see the most in a ________ movie adaptation?"

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2018, 02:54:18 PM »

What do we think?

I'm going to pass on this until i get live action Tetris and Pong movies.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: