Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: THE MOVIE - Poster  (Read 13366 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2018, 09:59:53 PM »

Don't mock. Apparently they are working on a live action Tetris movie. And a Pez movie also.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2018, 03:11:05 PM »

Don't mock. Apparently they are working on a live action Tetris movie. And a Pez movie also.

Holy crap snacks, you're not joking! I thought for sure you were making a joke. I was about to respond "hahahaha. that's funny" or something and I thought, "wait, let me just check..."

I still want my live action Pong. Wink

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 10:41:19 PM »

Excuse me...when have you ever known me to mock?  Grin

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 10:50:43 PM »

From the producers of The Fast and the Furious. Well, at least they got the right people to do a Sonic movie. Cheesy

Yeah, I just don't know what to say on an idea like this. I really don't. Sonic is an OK character and I know they've done some cartoons, but a movie? We'll see, I guess. (or we won't, freedom of choice and all)

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 10:53:00 PM »

I'm the same. As a video game character, Sonic is awesome. But there's nothing really in the games that can really be made into a cohesive cinematic movie (or is there? Hardcore Sega gamers please feel free to chime in).

The first trailer will tell us all we need to know. But as of right now, I suspect this will be another miss for the video game movie adaptation genre.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2018, 10:57:17 PM »

Yeah, I'm thinking about such cringe worthy classics as Super Mario Brothers (1993) and Street Fighter (1994.) No, it wasn't until Mortal Kombat (1995) that we got a good game adaptation. And, they're few and far between. (Doom (2005) anyone? Roll Eyes )

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2018, 11:03:47 PM »

Again, when you look at comic book movies, in terms of truly great ones that made the industry sit up and take notice that they could be good and successful we had Superman (1978), Batman (1989), Blade (1998), X-Men (2000), Spiderman (2002) and then Batman Begins (2005). Between 1978 and 1998 there were 2. Then when Blade came out (mainly because it wasn't marketed as such) they broke the code and then the beginning of the golden age began. Video games are going through a similar teething process. It will happen eventually.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2018, 11:29:55 PM »

I mean, it could be good. It all depends on who does it and if they can put together a decent story from the basic concept of a super speed hedgehog who saves forest animals from a villain with stupid looking hair. As I said, they have the right people behind it. The Fast and the Furious producers made a movie about street racers/criminals and an undercover cop, which isn't a lot to go on, and it's f*ng awesome. So, there's hope for this movie too, if it's done right.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2018, 11:33:40 PM »

Agreed, I like the movie for Assassin's Creed but did feel that it fell short of it's game counterpart

I've played most of ACIII and some of Unity, but they were both way better than the movie. I still enjoyed the movie (mostly for the parkour), but it wasn't nearly as good as the games.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2018, 11:36:56 PM »

I mean, it could be good. It all depends on who does it and if they can put together a decent story from the basic concept of a super speed hedgehog who saves forest animals from a villain with stupid looking hair. As I said, they have the right people behind it. The Fast and the Furious producers made a movie about street racers/criminals and an undercover cop, which isn't a lot to go on, and it's f*ng awesome. So, there's hope for this movie too, if it's done right.
The first Fast and Furious movie is essentially a remake of Point Break, but with street racers instead of surfers. That may explain why it worked so well.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 11:43:01 PM »

The first Fast and Furious movie is essentially a remake of Point Break, but with street racers instead of surfers. That may explain why it worked so well.

I thought The Fast and the Furious looked dumb until I actually saw it. It turned out to be great, and look at the franchise it spawned.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2018, 02:18:39 PM »

From the producers of The Fast and the Furious. Well, at least they got the right people to do a Sonic movie. Cheesy

Yeah, I just don't know what to say on an idea like this. I really don't. Sonic is an OK character and I know they've done some cartoons, but a movie? We'll see, I guess. (or we won't, freedom of choice and all)
I guess this raises the question: Will this movie be based on the cartoons, comics, or videogames?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2018, 02:19:44 PM »

I guess this raises the question: Will this movie be based on the cartoons, comics, or videogames?

Yes. Wink

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2018, 02:23:37 PM »

Yes. Wink
I had actually forgotten about the comics.......which is odd because I have the first 50 issues.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2018, 02:57:47 PM »

I honestly didn't know there were comics. (not surprising, I just didn't know) So, I guess I owe you a "you learn something new every day" point. Smiley I really only know there was a cartoon because I've seen clips of it in a Death Battle video, where Sonic fought Mario.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: