Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Author Topic: SONIC THE HEDGEHOG: THE MOVIE - Poster  (Read 13359 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 01:46:25 PM »

That would be House Party 3 with the pyjama jammy jam. They both wore pyjama suits with trainers (which i thought was the coolest of the cool when i was younger. Then the Fresh Prince wore something similar and I again thought it was cool, with added elements of jealousy).

Yeah, for some reason Fresh Prince had more of an impact on me than Kid 'n' Play. It just felt such a well crafted comedy and it had the Charlton Happy Dance. I even learnt the theme tune and rap.

But back to Sonic, I've Hogged this topic too long with my ramblings....

point inbound

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 09:04:13 PM »

I remember playing roleplaying game Heroes Unlimited and based my character on Sonic (although my character was a mutant with his own armour and electricity powers).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2018, 09:06:07 PM »

I remember playing roleplaying game Heroes Unlimited and based my character on Sonic (although my character was a mutant with his own armour and electricity powers).
It's called a lightning shield. Hallo?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2018, 09:22:20 PM »

It's called a lightning shield. Hallo?
I think I had electromagnetic pulse, speed tasking and energy claws in addition to the armour. Like I said, my rpg character was loosely based on Sonic. I beefed him up a bit to be more badass during our adventures.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2018, 10:32:57 PM »

Hi All,

I'm half expecting Max Zorin to fly into view in his blimp! (Older film and Christopher Walken fans will get this)

BWAHAHA! I'm not that much of a Christopher Walkin fan (he's alright) but I have every Bond film.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2018, 01:49:01 PM »

I think I had electromagnetic pulse, speed tasking and energy claws in addition to the armour. Like I said, my rpg character was loosely based on Sonic. I beefed him up a bit to be more badass during our adventures.
I'm kidding, but just sayin'

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2018, 06:50:32 AM »

I dig it

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2018, 06:39:23 PM »

Looks more like a force shield to me! Wink Cheesy

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2018, 07:26:33 PM »

Looks more like a force shield to me! Wink Cheesy
There was the original shield which was pretty much that, a force shield that was good for absorbing 1 hit.....which really didn't absorb as much as kept you from losing your rings.

Then in Sonic 3 they introduced 4 new shields:

Insta-shield: natural shield that Sonic could produce by double-tapping the jump. Only lasted an instant, and I don't think anyone ever really utilized it that lived outside of Japan.

Bubble shield: formed a water bubble around Sonic, deflected certain types of shots, allowed Sonic to breath underwater indefinitely, and had weird bounce power.

Fire shield: formed a fire barrier around Sonic, deflected most shots, protected from all fire hazards and walk on lava, and had a semi-effective fireball power.

Lightning shield: (best) formed an arc of lightning around Sonic, deflected most shots, protected from all electrical/energy hazards, had an awesome jump boost giving added height, and had an electromagnetic draw on rings.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2018, 09:54:35 PM »

As the first console I ever owned was a PS3 I never played any Sonic games beyond the first one. Which sucked as they looked amazing and fun. Never realised there were different kinds of shields (sounds a bit Mario Kart to me. In a good way).

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2018, 10:00:43 PM »

As the first console I ever owned was a PS3 I never played any Sonic games beyond the first one. Which sucked as they looked amazing and fun. Never realised there were different kinds of shields (sounds a bit Mario Kart to me. In a good way).

What? PS3 as your first? Noob!  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2018, 10:05:05 PM »

Ah. Well my friend, you've missed a lot. They were fun. Pretty much high speed platformers. Nothing too complex......until S3 Special Zones. Angry

There are no shields in Mario Kart.

However, I discovered something called Sonic Mania on the Switch. It is actually making me look hard at getting a Switch.

Sig by For Tyeth

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2018, 10:13:31 PM »

Ah. Well my friend, you've missed a lot. They were fun. Pretty much high speed platformers. Nothing too complex......until S3 Special Zones. Angry

There are no shields in Mario Kart.

However, I discovered something called Sonic Mania on the Switch. It is actually making me look hard at getting a Switch.

The Switch is pretty cool, you can dock it to play on a larger screen or undock it when traveling.  Our son loves it and it's pretty diversified in regards to games.  Don't expect high end graphics or anything like that but Nintendo prides themselves with being different and designing consoles and games for the entire family.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2018, 10:32:12 PM »

The PS3 was my first Current Console, meaning I got it while it was still the console of the day.  Growing up I got the consoles when the new ones came out and the old one went down in price.  In order I played on the Intelevison, NES, Super NES, PlayStation, Xbox, PS3 and that was my last console ( I still have it and it still works)

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2018, 06:18:28 AM »

Did you ever play Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast?

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: