Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow" AU KOTOR FanFiction)  (Read 2184 times)
TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 779

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »

UPDATE: so my laptop is unusable and I can’t access my files, so update is gonna be a bit. Hoping there’s no additional damage I don’t know about. Sad
Oh wow LR, I'm sorry to hear about that  Sad  I hope that you're able to rectify what you need to without too much trouble^^

But no worries: your stories are compelling and awesome!  I feel confident in speaking for my other fellow fanfic readers but we're all hooked and will continue to look forward to your next installment  Smiley

Besides: we still have forthcoming scenes that set up your Revan within the Forumverse continuity that I'd like to take advantage of  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Maenowan Nexu Master of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -967

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2019, 03:51:57 PM »

Oh wow LR, I'm sorry to hear about that  Sad  I hope that you're able to rectify what you need to without too much trouble^^

But no worries: your stories are compelling and awesome!  I feel confident in speaking for my other fellow fanfic readers but we're all hooked and will continue to look forward to your next installment  Smiley

Besides: we still have forthcoming scenes that set up your Revan within the Forumverse continuity that I'd like to take advantage of  Cheesy

Thanks, Dutch!  I was actually looking for something else on my google docs and found the part of already written of Chapter 3 today :O apparently I uploaded just that section at one point. It doesn’t have my notes or outline, but I might be able to write more from my phone. I apologize in advance for autocorrect sabotages if I do.

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2019, 04:18:14 PM »

I just figured out how to access my Microsoft sticky notes made on my laptop from my phone so maybe there’s hope yet....

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2019, 12:54:12 AM »

CHAPTER THREE: SEEKING SHELTER FROM THE STORM (Part 1 of ?)

The escape pod went burning through the atmosphere of Taris before crashing, crashing to a grinding halt near an older apartment complex in the planet’s Upper City. Carth Onasi braced himself upon impact. It certainly wasn’t the smoothest of landings, but what could be expected from a crash landing escape pod out of a surprise space battle against the Sith fleet? All things considered, he was just happy to be alive and relatively uninjured. He couldn’t say the same about his companion though.

“Soldier? Soldier, are you all right?”

He gently shook the shoulder of Gwen Dakaal—the only other survivor from the Endar Spire. The two had managed to get aboard and to jettison the last escape pod before the entire ship exploded. There was no response. Carth checked her vitals. She was still alive, but she had been knocked unconscious from the crash. It seemed she had hit her head pretty hard on impact, and she was bleeding from a resulting cut near her hairline. He didn’t know yet if she had a concussion, but it was quite likely under the circumstances.

Taris was under Sith occupation. It wasn’t safe for the two of them to remain there, in the escape pod, for very long. After all, pretty soon a team of Sith Scouts would surely come searching the area for survivors from the crash. They had to find shelter somewhere…

Carefully, Carth took up his injured companion in his arms and opened the hatch to the escape pod. There was an apartment complex nearby, and it seemed to be their best bet for refuge for the time being. She was lighter than Carth had expected—certainly smaller than the average soldier—but the fact that she had managed to survive the attack and make it to the escape pods at all told him that there was certainly strength in her despite her petite size. If anything, it would make the situation a bit easier carrying her to safety. Carth hadn’t abandoned another soldier yet, and he certainly wasn’t about to start now…

He made his way cautiously toward the apartments, being careful to avoid the eyes of any Sith patrols. It was late, and so the cover of night served to aid in their escape. They needed to find Bastila if there was going to be any hope for The Republic, but Carth knew he couldn’t do so alone. Taris was an immense city-planet built layer upon layer and he lacked the skills on his own that might be required to locate her. What he’d been able to read of his companion’s service records while he had been waiting for her to make her way to the escape pods had convinced him of two things: that he would need her help if he was going to locate Bastila, and that there were some things he needed clarification of as to why she had been selected for their mission aboard the Endar Spire.

This particular apartment complex seemed old, but well enough kept. It was clearly habited, which could have been a good thing or bad thing. Either it could help them to blend in with the locals, or some local could report them for trespassing and they would be done for. Under the circumstances, Carth just had to hope for the best. There wasn’t anywhere else he could get to without being spotted, particularly while carrying another body.

The halls were fairly empty other than a few utility droids. Carth observed the door of each apartment unit as they passed. He was looking for anything that might indicate a vacant space. While he didn’t like the idea of remaining as squatters, they needed shelter fast.

Finally, he stopped. One of the doors seemed a bit different than the others. It was subtle, but there was a light coating of dust on the keypad that opened it. Whoever was responsible for cleaning had neglected this area, probably knowing that the unit had been vacant for some time. Carth bit his lip. He hoped that he was right. If he ended up breaking into some local’s apartment, there would certainly be even more trouble for them than they were in now…

Carth set his companion down and pulled a security tunneler from his supplies, quickly going to work until he heard a soft unlatching sound and pressed the trigger for the door. It slid open to reveal a dark and simply furnished apartment. It looked as though the place hadn’t been lived in for several months, which made it perfect to set up base until they could get off of this planet with Bastila.

He took his companion over to a bunk and set her down. “Must’ve hit her head pretty hard in the crash,” he muttered to himself. He gently lifted her head enough to slide a pillow underneath and the walked over to a chair to sit and pulled out his pack to see what little supplies they had—a few credits, some medpacks, a couple days’ worth of rations… They each had their blasters still on them. Luckily those hadn’t been destroyed in the crash. After all, they might end up needing them if any Sith happened to recognize that they were survivors of the space battle which had taken place overhead.

He pulled out one of the Medpacs and went back to his companion to begin tending to her injuries with a kolto patch. They didn’t seem too serious now that he could look them over more closely. He could only hope that she would heal quickly so they could begin searching for the Jedi Bastila. There was a sleep anesthetic in the pack also, which he chose to administer, thinking that the rest would help her body recover.

He brushed a stray lock of blood-dampened raven hair out of her face to put a cold compress to her forehead. Carth couldn’t help but to wonder what her assignment on the Endar Spire had been. After all, she didn’t strike him as the soldier type and her records were… odd at best. She had used some degree of stealth during the time that he had observed her making her way to the escape pods, so perhaps she was a scout of some sort…

He couldn’t say that he knew her very well. After all, she had only been recently assigned to the Republic crew that had been aboard. In fact, it was a last-minute assignment, which made him wonder even more. Bastila Shan, the Jedi in charge of the mission, had specifically requested that this woman be transferred into the crew. It seemed more than just a bit strange to him that somebody who was a last-minute transfer requested by the Jedi was the only surviving crew member other than him. In his time dealing with the Jedi, Carth had come to figure out that things like this were seldom just a coincidence…

No sooner had he placed the cold compress to her head than the woman began to stir. She seemed to be trying to get up. Almost as if she were waking from a bad dream. While it was encouraging to see her attempting to move, it probably wasn’t the best idea given her current state.

“Woah, hold on,” he said, gently pushing her back down as she attempted to sit up. “I admire your spirit, but don’t try to get up just yet. You were smashed up pretty badly when we crash landed here on Taris. Don’t worry, we should be safe here in this apartment. I gave you something to help you sleep. Just get some rest and let the kolto packs to their job.”

He wasn’t sure if she had heard him at all and was actually taking his advice, or if the sleep aid had simply finished kicking in, but she relaxed back into the bunk and dozed off. Carth gave a sigh of relief. He needed rest himself after all that had transpired. The soldier kicked off his boots, hung his flight jacket over the back of the old couch and laid down, closing his eyes. In the morning, he would need to scout the area some to see what he could learn of their situation. With any luck, the other survivor would be awake by then… Dakaal if he recalled correctly from her records.

He stretched as much as he could within the couch’s space and began to doze off. There was a lot of work to be done still. After all, the Republic was counting on them to find Bastila Shan and return her to the Jedi Order.

><><><><><

Carth stretched, nearly falling from the couch he had been sleeping on through the night. It was daylight now, he suspected, though the apartment did not have any windows, so it was difficult to know for certain. He sat up and gave a yawn before glancing over toward his companion. She’d moved quite a bit since he’d fallen asleep, and seemed to be muttering something he couldn’t make out. ‘Is she awake?’ he wondered to himself.

He got up and approached where she was sleeping. He would probably need to change out the kolto patches on her head injury. He had a few more medpacks left in their supplies. He only hoped they wouldn’t find themselves in another situation where they would need them any time soon. He reached to take the old kolto patch, what had fallen off and was laying next to her, and tried to observe her face. Her eyes were still closed. Up close though, he was able to make out some of what she was saying.

No… No, stop… You… don’t under...stand… I have to… No…..

He frowned, watching her shift uneasily as she slept. She seemed to be having a nightmare of sorts, though he couldn’t begin to guess what about given the little snippets of her speech. He tossed the used patch and opened a new one, but as he was kneeling down and bent over her to apply the new patch, she rolled over suddenly, her hand coming round and smacking him square in the nose in the process.

“Ow!” he cried out, bringing his free hand to his nose to check for blood. The sound must have disturbed his sleeping companion though, because her eyes fluttered open for a moment before the heaviness of her eyelids pulled them back to shut again and she drifted back into sleep. Carth checked his hand. When he found that his nose wasn’t bleeding, he sighed and shook his head before continuing his application of the new kolto pack.

He stood as he finished and then went back into their supplies and took out a ration bar, which he unwrapped and began to eat. He wanted to do a bit of scouting to assess their surroundings. He’d had to move so quickly after their crash landing that he’d not had a chance to get a feel for the area yet. Once he’d finished the ration share, he found the fresher and cleaned himself up a bit before putting on his flight coat and heading out to observe the apartment complex.

Upon his early observations (now that they weren’t simply running for cover as fast as they could), he found the complex to be rather odd for being Tarisian. The only human that he observed in his exploration was a janitor, mopping the hallways apart from a couple of cleaning droids. Even so, the place was still in relatively poor condition, and it was quite obvious that the sentients who lived here were lower class. From what he knew of Taris, Tarisians didn’t generally take kindly to non-humans, and so he had to assume that this was some sort of an upper-city alien slum of sorts. He noticed more than a few eyes staring at him as he walked the halls. It was quite obvious that he didn’t fit in there. This being said, perhaps it was a poor option for a place to blend in, but they didn’t really have much choice as to otherwise. After all, they were fugitives on a Sith-controlled planet. They had to take whatever they could get.

Pardon me,” came a hiss of a voice speaking Twilekese. Carth turned to see a Twi’lek male addressing him. “I have not seen you around these parts before… Are you here because of the quarantine?

Carth faltered. So the Sith had quarantined the planet, probably looking for Bastila. He should have suspected as much, but that would make their situation even more difficult. After all, once they found Bastila, it wouldn’t just mean finding a way off the planet, but finding a way off the planet despite the quarantine. He had to think of a story to tell the Twi’lek fast, lest he should arouse suspicions from the locals. After all, there was probably a handsome reward being offered for Republic fugitives from the Endar Spire, particularly if they believed they could lead them to the Jedi Bastila Shan.

“Yeah, my crewmate and I, we uh… we got stuck here because of the quarantine after making a supplies stop on the planet. Didn’t feel like staying on the ship the whole time so we wanted to find a cheap place to rent out while we were stuck here.” He did his best to keep as straight a face as he told his lie. It was the best he could come up with on the fly.

Ah, your crewmate?

“Yeah, uh…. She’s still asleep. I think she had a little too much Tarisian ale last night at the cantina,” he said, laughing in an attempt to cover his nervousness. “I uh…. I’ll be going now. Just wanted to stretch my legs a little. It was nice meeting you, neighbor!” And he quickly walked away, back to the apartment.

He was just outside the door when he heard the clank of armored footsteps in the distance and a partially synthesized voice, as if through a helmet’s sound filter. “Freeze, alien scum! This is a raid. Anyone who resists will be taken into custody. We’re looking for suspicious activity in the area after the crash last night.”

Carth quickened his pace and returned inside the apartment, locking the door behind him to avoid being spotted by what sounded like a squad of Sith Troopers checking the complex. He sighed in relief. He was almost certain they had not seen him, but didn’t think it would be safe to go out scouting again for a while. He supposed the best bet would be to wait it out until he and his companion could move together as a small unit. They would have a far better chance of finding Bastila and getting off the planet if they worked together than if they were alone.

><><><><><

Gwen’s vision was hazy. It took some time before her eyes could make any sense of what her ears could already hear. There were sounds of whirring and crashing, like something smashing up against an energy force field at a relatively high speed. Except this sound happened over and over again.

Finally, Gwen could make out two forms slowly taking shape in the light. There were two humans there, each carrying an elegant melee weapon with brilliant blades of colored light—lightsabers. It was two Jedi in a dual for life and death.

One form was clearly a woman. She had short chestnut hair pulled into low pigtails on either side of her head, and wore a bronze colored body suit robe. The golden yellow color of the double blades on her saber illuminated the area with a sort of golden aura.

The one she was fighting was dressed in hooded robes and wore a full face mask. Gwen could not tell if the person were a man or a woman. The movements were so quick and the robes were so ambiguous that Gwen couldn’t help but to think that the choice must have been on purpose, with the specific intent to cause confusion to the onlooker. The blade of the other was a deep crimson and its light reflected off of the red color of the Mandalorian mask.

There was a strange sense of familiarity and of terror as Gwen watched the scene unfold. She felt as though she could sense every impact from their blades against one another. The ground began to shake and the surroundings rattle. They must have been in some sort of a space battle. Gwen could feel the sweat pouring from her brow. She was breathing hard. She didn’t know what was going on, but she felt as though she needed to escape—and fast!

><><><><><

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 164

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2019, 03:57:09 PM »

I like  it, filling in the gaps of Carths events while Gwen was under!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2019, 11:46:07 PM »

I like  it, filling in the gaps of Carths events while Gwen was under!

It's not a lot (I'm still getting used to writing Carth). Considering that quite a bit is going to likely end up from his perspective, I'm trying to ease my way in

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: