Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Too many choices!  (Read 1098 times)
DarthAcolyte
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -26

It may not be red but it can still kill jedi

« on: December 11, 2018, 12:34:21 PM »

Hey all you wonderful sith... And Jedi scum too... I really cannot pick a single colour for my next saber, is ordering silver with disks worth it for this situation?

current saber: initiate v2(red)[stunt] dream saber: reaper(silver w/disks)[lite]

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 08:08:45 PM »

Of course it is. But instead of ordering the disk order a Lee Filter sample book that comes with a ton of colors and cut them out youself. They alow more light so it will be brighter than the disks. I would also get tri AS.

DarthAcolyte
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 08:33:31 PM »

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely consider that  Smiley

current saber: initiate v2(red)[stunt] dream saber: reaper(silver w/disks)[lite]

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 08:37:58 PM »

I have that setup for my Fulcrum. It works out pretty sweet. Think you'll like it.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 08:45:56 PM »

I've got to disagree on this.  Silver can make some nice colors (yellow and teal come to mind) but reds and blues just aren't the same as a tri Guardian Blue or tri Blazing Red.  This is speaking in terms of color disks.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 08:55:08 PM »

I've got to disagree on this.  Silver can make some nice colors (yellow and teal come to mind) but reds and blues just aren't the same as a tri Guardian Blue or tri Blazing Red.  This is speaking in terms of color disks.

Totally agree.    If you want "light" or mixed colors like teal, yellow, arctic blue, etc then silver with a Lee filter swatch book to cut custom filters is great.  But if you want a "primary" color (Blue, Green, Red) then you need to go with the LED in that color.  The closer to you get to any primary color the darker the light will get because you're filtering out parts of the light.   The LED has the advantage because it is just producing that one light wavelength.  Its almost like a laser, and the intensity of the pure blue, red or green is amazing.  Go tri-cree...

But for yellow especially?   Filter white.  SO much better.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 10:07:05 PM »

Totally agree.    If you want "light" or mixed colors like teal, yellow, arctic blue, etc then silver with a Lee filter swatch book to cut custom filters is great.  But if you want a "primary" color (Blue, Green, Red) then you need to go with the LED in that color.  The closer to you get to any primary color the darker the light will get because you're filtering out parts of the light.   The LED has the advantage because it is just producing that one light wavelength.  Its almost like a laser, and the intensity of the pure blue, red or green is amazing.  Go tri-cree...

But for yellow especially?   Filter white.  SO much better.  :-)

I agree with both of you.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 10:34:01 PM »

I also have to agree. If you want the absolute brightest color LED, a tri-cree led is the way to go. It's cost effective and does look wonderful.

Now, if cost is not the major factor, the diamond controller is a nice option because it allows you to change the color of the led light, the flash on clash, plus the ability to pulse between various colors. Also, diamond controls the sound too, with many sounds banks and allows custom sounds to be added, even different effects, such as animal growls, shrieks, gestures, etc. It truly allows you to make the saber your own. But, as I stated earlier, it comes at a much higher cost, as much as triple the price of the basic saber with lite sound.

In the end, it's your choice of how you go. We in the community can only offer advice and suggestions.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 04:02:03 PM »

Samhain speaks the truth. Filters are nice, but there are no substitutes for real colored LEDs. There are options, if you can afford them and if you want to change colors. You could consider getting either an Emerald saber, a Diamond saber, one of the handful of hilts available in the RGB setup or a saber with quick disconnects so that you can change MLS units later. With either of those options, you won't be stuck with a single color.

DarthAcolyte
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »

Thanks for all the info guys but my budget will not allow for emerald or diamond, i'llook into those filters mentioned though

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 04:18:55 PM »

I hear you, my budget never allows for Emerald or Diamond either. Heck, usually if I want sound, I have to install it myself. Wink

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 11:32:55 PM »

There is a thread stickied in the gallery section showing a variety of both the stock US discs as well as various Lee filters on a tri-AS set up. In case you haven't seen it already.

Here's the link: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=38175.0

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: