Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help with Flash on Clash - Sentinel Yellow as a FoC color?  (Read 497 times)
Blackbird71
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 12, 2018, 02:41:48 PM »

I decided to take advantage of the December sale on Flash on Clash and get a couple of MLS units for my saber.  I intend to get one in Blazing Red and one Consular Green, but I am having difficulty choosing FoC colors for each.

I generally prefer color combinations that appear more "screen accurate", so for the BR, I'm not considering VA, BH, etc.  I've looked at Fire Orange as an option, but the flash looks to be too subtle for my tastes.

My options at this point are really Adegan Silver or Sentinel Yellow.  I've read that the AS can appear slightly pink when paired with BR, but this does seem to be the more screen accurate option, at least for the Original Trilogy.  It's a bit more difficult for me to determine the colors used in the prequels, as the hue seems to shift with the lighting of the scene.  SY may be a valid option, with good contrast to BR.  I've read that this combination can appear slightly green though.  The problem is that I haven't been able to find any good videos of a BR main/SY FoC combination for reference, so I'm just not sure how bad this is. Can anyone point me to a relevant video of this?  If not, I'd appreciate any input from those who have tried this combination.

As for the CG module, I'm looking at the same options of AS or SY.  I was leaning more towards the AS for this, but on reviewing footage from TPM, I found that Qui Gon's saber often had a bit of a yellow tint to the core, so I thought SY might also be a good option here.  Again, the problem is a lack of video reference for comparison, and I'm just not sure how the finished product would look.

So to recap, what do you think of SY as a FoC option for either BR or CG, considering factors of 1) screen accuracy, 2) high contrast FoC for visibility, and 3) color fidelity (visual shifts/artifacts of the color combinations)?  Any links to relevant videos would be greatly appreciated!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 10:40:12 PM »

Flash on clash blends the color of the flash LED with your main LED color. Sentinel Yellow works perfectly with red and green, because those colors are mixed to make SY. I actually rewired a SY LED once and put it in a saber with Obsidian V4. I had it wired so that the green was the main and the red kicked in to give me a SY flash. It looks great. I'd imagine it will work fine with the red as your main too. With Adegan silver (white) as a flash color, it adds the white LED to the main color. As such, it's going to be slightly tinted to the color of the blade. So, rather than a pure white, you'd get a white that's lightly tinted red, green, blue, etc. That's simply the nature of how color mixing in these things works.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: