Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Titans Season Finale Trailer: Robin vs Batman  (Read 1197 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« on: December 14, 2018, 10:19:42 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nw-Dvczfpbw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 05:37:12 PM »

Ok. Well. There you go. A few questions.

Is it really Batman under the cowl or someone else (Azrael for instance)?

Did Dick Grayson actually reveal Batman's secret identity to the police?

WHY ON EARTH would Dick use Bruce's name in public when he's in the batsuit?

(more of a comment than a question)
This trailer looks as though they are setting Grayson up to take over from Bats as this universes primo highly trained costume vigilante. It has shades of the Supergirl show pretty much saying that while she's around the world doesn't need Superman.

I know that Bats and Supes are the OG when it comes to superheroes. They help create the genre. And if you want to keep audiences engaged you have to mix things up and keep things fresh. But you can't do that by having "lesser" characters (and I use that term loosely) become better than the world's finest. Am I wrong? Am I reading too much into this?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 10:40:08 AM »

Ok. Well. There you go. A few questions.

Is it really Batman under the cowl or someone else (Azrael for instance)?

Did Dick Grayson actually reveal Batman's secret identity to the police?

WHY ON EARTH would Dick use Bruce's name in public when he's in the batsuit?

(more of a comment than a question)
This trailer looks as though they are setting Grayson up to take over from Bats as this universes primo highly trained costume vigilante. It has shades of the Supergirl show pretty much saying that while she's around the world doesn't need Superman.

I know that Bats and Supes are the OG when it comes to superheroes. They help create the genre. And if you want to keep audiences engaged you have to mix things up and keep things fresh. But you can't do that by having "lesser" characters (and I use that term loosely) become better than the world's finest. Am I wrong? Am I reading too much into this?

I know that they're wanting to follow the lines of where Dick split up with Bruce but Geez, I think he snitched on Bruce since Gotham PD now knows his identity.  I wonder if he is being framed just like you mention.  Anyone can be Batman so as long as they can done the suit and have athletic abilities for some time. 

You're not wrong, I caught the same feeling but I'm not sure about setting up Grayson to take over for Bruce just yet.  It is a possibility though

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 05:51:53 PM »

I know that they're wanting to follow the lines of where Dick split up with Bruce but Geez, I think he snitched on Bruce since Gotham PD now knows his identity.  I wonder if he is being framed just like you mention.  Anyone can be Batman so as long as they can done the suit and have athletic abilities for some time.  

You're not wrong, I caught the same feeling but I'm not sure about setting up Grayson to take over for Bruce just yet.  It is a possibility though
There are ways to set up the awesomeness that is Nightwing without tearing down/removing Batman from the picture.

And, where the hell is Alfred in all this? He would never allow Bruce to go off on a killing spree. Maybe he's dead which is what sets Bruce off on the bats*it crazy dark path (see what I did there?)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 11:17:40 PM »

This show and its universe seem to raise a lot of questions. At first, I was digging it. It seemed pretty cool. But, a few episodes in, I started having issues with some of the character portrayals, most notably Dick Grayson. They went very dark with him, making him kind of like how Batman is in the comics. In most portrayals, he matures but still keeps the same personality he always had, being a much more positive and nicer person that Batman. But, in this, he's much more dark and violent. It seems they want to make Batman even darker, and possibly even take him out of the picture. I think that's a mistake. Nightwing always tried to be independent, but Batman was still there. They even mended their relationship (somewhat) and worked together sometimes.

Anyway, that's all I have to say about that. To me, this doesn't look that good.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 09:48:41 PM »

What show is this?

Oh yeah you have to pay for it LOL

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 11:56:14 PM »

Oh yeah you have to pay for it LOL

Only in America, bro. It's on Netflix or in other countries. Roll Eyes

Isn't it great to be an American sometimes? I don't know why they think we want to pay for all these specific streaming services, but I hope they fail hard. I paid for two months of DCU (meant to only do one month, but I forgot to cancel it in time) and it wasn't very exciting. I watched some Titans episodes and one movie. The problem is, I have a lot of their stuff on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 12:06:12 AM »

Was it even worth it, SFD?

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2018, 05:39:28 PM »

Was it even worth it, SFD?

If you don't have a lot of the DCAU stuff already, you can watch a lot of that stuff. Batman: The Animated Series is excellent, but I have that and the associated movies on DVD. In fact, I have a lot of the Batman movies on disc. I did watch Batman: Year One while I had it. It's just like the comic, meaning it's more about Gordon than Batman. But, it was a decent film. There are a lot of their other films on there, and even some of the TV shows. No Green Lantern animated series at that time, which disappointed me. So, it's all DC stuff and not even all of the DC stuff. Titans is the only show being made specifically for the service so far. The whole thing was very disappointing to me.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 05:38:27 AM »

If you don't have a lot of the DCAU stuff already, you can watch a lot of that stuff. Batman: The Animated Series is excellent, but I have that and the associated movies on DVD. In fact, I have a lot of the Batman movies on disc. I did watch Batman: Year One while I had it. It's just like the comic, meaning it's more about Gordon than Batman. But, it was a decent film. There are a lot of their other films on there, and even some of the TV shows. No Green Lantern animated series at that time, which disappointed me. So, it's all DC stuff and not even all of the DC stuff. Titans is the only show being made specifically for the service so far. The whole thing was very disappointing to me.

Two questions. Can you cast it from your phone etc? So if I got the app can I cast it to my TV via Chromecast? And can you pay monthly? Like get it for one month, watch the show and then cancel without any issues? If I could do these two things it may be worth it just to watch together with the family.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 05:41:04 AM »

I think there's an Android and iPhone app. I always watched it on a gaming computer in a web browser maximized. You can definitely pay monthly, that's what I did. Canceling was simple.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 09:35:17 PM »

Thanks.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 12:26:22 PM »

I am very excited for this. I am calling it now, it is some sort of deluted vision from Trigon, Raven's father.

As far as my opinion on the show as a whole, I take it like I take Fox's Gotham. It is an elseworlds story where things are similar but also very, very different.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: