Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Emerald Sabers + Tri-Cree LED + Flash on Clash?  (Read 894 times)
Bakjam
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« on: December 15, 2018, 11:30:33 AM »

I know it is not possible to have Foc for sabers with Tri-Cree LEDs but I was wondering if the same goes for Emerald sabers, consisting of multiple RGB LEDs. Could I set all the RBG LEDs to the same color creating a brighter blade and then also add FoC? Or are LEDs on Emerald sabers just as bright as those on regular sabers and would I therefore not be able to combine both the benefits of Tri-Cree LEDs and FoC?

Would love to hear from you!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 12:03:54 PM »

I think you misunderstand what Emerald is. There aren't multiple LEDs that can each be set to red, green or blue. There's one LED of each; red, green and blue. Those can only be the color that they are. If you combine them at full power, you get a pinkish-white. The fourth LED in Emerald is either white or amber. Say you had an RGBA setup, you could technically set the mains to all be on, and have the pinkish white main with an amber FoC. However, it won't be any brighter than a single white LED with an orange flash on clash. That's because white light is a combination of red, green and blue light. Those combine to make white. So, those three combined will equal about the same illumination as a single white LED. That's just how light works.

The closest you're going to get to a Tri CREE LED with Flash on Clash is going to be a premium or forum color with flash on clash. If you choose a premium or forum color, we'll use Arctic blue as an example, it's brighter than a regular single LED. That's because it combines a blue and a green to make the blade color, so it will be brighter than blue or green by themselves. With Arctic blue, you can have a silver FoC. That means you'll have 3 LEDs in your hilt, they just won't be activated all at once.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 01:15:19 PM »

SFD is right, Emerald driver is a board that aides with mixing colors with and RGBW or an RGBA LED chip.  You can mix pretty much any color you want on the color spectrum and based on what colors you mixed, the LEDs are used. Of course it has other features but this is what it’s primarily used for

Bakjam
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 04:12:16 PM »

AAh I understand now, thanks!  Smiley

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin