Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TOP 100 Villains (by Fandom)  (Read 703 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: December 15, 2018, 05:12:12 PM »

Introduction (by Fandom):

Once upon a time, it was easy to spot a villain from a work of fiction. Was this person mysterious and mustachioed? Did he swivel in his chair while stroking a malicious-looking cat? Times were simpler back then. If it was some dude tying a damsel to a wooden train track, there -- you’ve got your villain.

But in 2018, the notion of an easily defined villain is as obsolete as those wooden train tracks. Walter White and Tony Soprano shepherded in the age of the anti-hero, while stories like Wicked and Maleficent had left us sympathizing with classic baddies. Now villains are too complex to summarize or fence in. You can’t say all villains are power-hungry, have an evil laugh, or wear black. (Think of Dolores Umbridge and how she rocked the color pink. You at least have to give her that.)

But here’s what we can definitively say about villains: They’re more popular than ever. Our Villains community has grown a whopping 55% in three years. With over 60 million page views, it’s FANDOM’s 33rd most-visited community of 2018 so far, beating out powerhouses like the Call of Duty, Walking Dead, and Arrowverse communities.

What’s also mystifying is how much more popular villains are to their hero counterparts. On any given day, the Villains community gets 4-5 times more page views than our Heroes community. Villains like Voldemort, Darth Vader, and Michael Meyers don’t just beat out their hero counterparts, they smoke them.

So, here are the most-visited villains from across FANDOM’s entire site in 2018. Hopefully, you’ll see just how varied the definition of villain has become. They span all genders, colors (looking at you, Thanos), and more. So lean back in your swivel chair, and take a good look at the biggest baddies of 2018.

http://fandom.wikia.com/fandom100-villains

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 05:20:32 PM »

I'm glad that Kilgrave is on the top 100 but I disagree with Venom being a villain since he's more of an anti-hero. I like that the Stain, Eric Killmonger, the Mountain and Draco Malfoy are top 30 and I agree with the writer.  The Black Hood from Riverdale was a formiddable foe and I'm surprised he's at number 17 right below Negan at 16 while the Red Skull is at 35. I'm not sure how I feel about Vader being at 15, Loki at 14 and Maul at 13.  Don't get me wrong, Maul is a badass in his own right but he didn't kill innocent children nor continue on to hunt down remaining Jedi and their children or padawans.  I agree that Thanos is the number 1 baddy while Grindelwald is at 2, Voldemort 3 and Snoke at 4

Good find, Know. Point incoming.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 12:34:37 AM »

What? Khan wasn't on the list? C'mon. In fact, no Star Trek baddies on the list. I'm somewhat disappointed.

By the way, I'm talking about this Khan: http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Khan_Noonien_Singh NOT the other one.

As for the list itself, I only recognized a handful of them. Mostly the Star Wars ones and some of the Comic ones. I am glad Darth Bane made the list, though. I have those books.

Of course, these are just based on search results/page hits on Fandom. I use Fandom a lot myself, it has a lot of my favorite Wikis.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 12:53:57 AM »

There's something to think about, how many on the list you recognized (myself it was 66).  Interesting List to say the least.  I liked the inclusion of Lord Drakkon (Evil Tommy Oliver from the excellent new Power Rangers comics) and the fact they went to the books to talk about Sauron.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: