Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon V5 Claw Flip  (Read 14378 times)
tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 05:16:52 AM »

Done, and it was so simple and easy!! Took me longer to find the tools then it did to do it. I following the instructions listed and it worked perfectly. The only thing I did different was put painters tape around the hammer claws and screwdriver head to keep them from scratching the parts. The color is CG with a Dark Blue Lee filter, it is a tad more green in person then in the picture.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2018, 06:14:19 AM »

It's beautiful, tx

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2018, 02:05:56 PM »

I’m wondering if there isn’t even more ways to arrange these blades. When I receive mine this week we’ll see if I can’t figure out other possibilities!!!! (Is that a hidden claw challenge in there??)

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Xamon
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2018, 02:10:05 PM »

Surprised this wasn't mentioned but for those that want to get rid of the machine marks you could easily do it when the claws are out.
I also think that me personally I would make a new set of holes to move the claws more towards the blade.
Anyway awesome job and kudos for having the veg to try this with your shiny saber.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2018, 02:41:25 PM »

I’m wondering if there isn’t even more ways to arrange these blades. When I receive mine this week we’ll see if I can’t figure out other possibilities!!!! (Is that a hidden claw challenge in there??)

If anyone is handy with sheets of acrylic they could cut some wicked replacement claws for display purposes!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2018, 08:08:04 AM »

When I do order mine, I'm going to remove all but one claw so it looks like I'm flicking people off.....  Cool

Studabeg5
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -15

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 05:04:36 PM »

Done, and it was so simple and easy!! Took me longer to find the tools then it did to do it. I following the instructions listed and it worked perfectly. The only thing I did different was put painters tape around the hammer claws and screwdriver head to keep them from scratching the parts. The color is CG with a Dark Blue Lee filter, it is a tad more green in person then in the picture.

Nicely done! Looks great on the Initiate. I got the Aeon because I was worried the Initiate claws might dig into the hand, so I thought the longer hilt would be a safer choice if the claws couldn't flip and I wanted to two-hand the saber. I'll have to get 2 Initiates next time and flip the claws for an awesome double-bladed Sith saber. 

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2018, 09:31:32 PM »

Nicely done! Looks great on the Initiate. I got the Aeon because I was worried the Initiate claws might dig into the hand, so I thought the longer hilt would be a safer choice if the claws couldn't flip and I wanted to two-hand the saber. I'll have to get 2 Initiates next time and flip the claws for an awesome double-bladed Sith saber. 

Yeah I don't think I would bought this saber myselg, at least not in the dark version. But this was a raffle win Smiley

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 06:28:11 PM »

It does look much better with the claws flipped and pointed towards the blade. If only it were possible on the pommel cuz it just looks backwards to me.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 03:57:14 AM »

Definitely liking the look here.
May have to add this to the plans for when I get my own versions

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 09:26:03 PM »

I definitely prefer the cause facing up. Thanks for the show and tell. Might have to get a couple of these myself.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2019, 06:44:41 AM »

Not sure how I missed this, definitely now puts the initiate le v5 I've been wanting to the top of my list.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2019, 10:33:24 AM »

Hi.  Saw this thread after replying to another.  Am wondering if anyone has contacted either US customer service or Marlena to ask if the claws could be reversed when the saber is being built.  Perhaps for an additional fee.  Am thinking that if pins are used to secure, then it's possible that the claws are put on prior to being shipped.  Smiley

point for sharing this info and pics  Cool

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2019, 08:37:36 PM »

Hi.  Saw this thread after replying to another.  Am wondering if anyone has contacted either US customer service or Marlena to ask if the claws could be reversed when the saber is being built.  Perhaps for an additional fee.  Am thinking that if pins are used to secure, then it's possible that the claws are put on prior to being shipped.  Smiley

point for sharing this info and pics  Cool
Sounds like something that should be posted in the 'wish list' thread, or PM'd up the line
Definitely a good idea.

Daniel1988
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2019, 05:02:14 AM »

I did the same using the hammer in between the spacings to pry them out (via instructions on youtube). The method I used can lead to some light scratching so the OP's directions are better. To get the claws back in, I just, lightly, hammered them in place. Good job and thanks for posting on the forum!

My sabers (as of 8/9/23): (*s)=sound
1.) Frankensaber-Blazing Red (*s)
2.) Grandmaster LE-Sentinel Yellow
3.) Shock LE-Violet Amethyst w/Qd
4.) Dominicide LE-Tri-cree F.Orange
5.) Apprentice LE V4-Guardian Blue (*s)
6.) Dark Graflex-BR (*s)
7.) Spectre-B.Violet Amethyst w/Qd (*s)
8.) Consular-Tri-Cree Consular Green w/Qd
9.) Prophecy V3-SY
10.) Sentinel LE V5-SY
11.) Third Sister LE-VA