Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon V5 Claw Flip  (Read 14433 times)
Studabeg5
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -15

« on: December 15, 2018, 10:00:50 PM »

I recently received my Aeon V5 pre-sale saber and was very pleased to find out that the 3 emitter claws can be flipped around so that the points face up instead of down. This was my original plan for the saber when I made the purchase because although I'll admit I do like the look of the claws facing down, I thought it might be slightly uncomfortable for handling the saber since the tips of the claws are right at the choke point. After seeing the saber I definitely recommend sanding down the tips of the claws if you're going to be using this saber to duel as they are quite sharp. By flipping the claws you can avoid having to do this, plus you get a little more "aggressive" looking saber. I love this saber and I think it's quite possibly my favourite design out of all my Ultrasabers! What do you like better? Claws pointing down or pointing up?

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 10:15:09 PM »

After I trimmed the claws on my Initiate V5, I wondered about this. I still want to get Sentinel V5 and try the window flip, but this makes a Dom V5 a little harder to resist. Great job and points for the share. Thanks

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 10:17:17 PM »

Great job swapping those claws, I certainly like them pointing up. I think it looks better and increases the function of that sweet top choke point. The emitter has a bit of a Tower of Saruman feel to it.

Was there some kind of retention screw in the emitter you loosened in order to switch the claws around?

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 10:25:03 PM »

Hello there and great work on flipping the claws, it looks so much better that way.  Just as hazard as mentioned, how did you flip them? What tools did you use?

Studabeg5
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -15

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 10:58:26 PM »

The claws are held in by 2 pins that fit into 2 holes in the emitter. By using the nail-remover side of a hammer you can lightly pry up the bottom point of the claw. This will pop the first pin out, and then using a small flat head screwdriver you can fit it either in between the gap of the windows and the claw or at the top of the claw where the blade exits the emitter (if the claw has separated and created enough of a gap) to lightly pry the claw out of the last pin. You don't need to use a lot of force, in fact I used such little force where there were no marks made on the saber. Once you've got the claw off just flip it around and line up the pins with the holes in the saber. Using a "quick grip" sliding adjustable clamp place one foot of the clamp over the claw where the pin is and slowly squeeze the handle to apply pressure. This will pull the claw back into the slot of the saber and hold it snuggly back into place. The fit is so good that it won't cause the claws to become loose at all. I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship. I've attached pics for reference.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 11:14:57 PM »

Cool and thank you for showing us. Have a point

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 12:17:15 AM »

Wow, that looks great. Also, thanks for all the great info that not only can this be done, but also for the instructions on how to do it. Smiley

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 01:02:18 AM »

That looks great! The claws facing down and effecting people’s ability to spin the saber was something which concerned several people—and was thought to be impossible based on the way the claw fit into the grooves on the emitter.

It seems the V5s actually give us option with inverting both claws an windows on various models. This will make a huge difference in their popularity.

Kinda feel like US should include a tines up or down option when ordering though for those who may not want to do this themselves for whatever reason.

And I have to agree, this really does look better and give the saber more attitude. Point for you, Studabeg5 Smiley

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 01:43:36 AM »

Now, I’m eager to own one and try

StoryDtechtive
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 91

Light always casts shadow/Darkness defines light!

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 01:54:37 AM »

Me too. Here’s to the new year of collecting ahead. There’s a lot to look forward to!

Saber Arsenal:
$75 MB: Liberator GB Stunt Saber
Electrum Wind FO Lite Sound
Chosen One SE BR Lite Sound (Forthcoming)
$75 MB: ? (Forthcoming)
Grab bag saber: ? Fall Raffle 2018 4th prize (Forthcoming)

Most Wanted: Graflex CE, Chosen One CE, Prophecy, Archon 3.1 That would be a good start Smiley

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 03:20:54 AM »

Definitely a cool fix/mod.
Point for sharing how it can be done

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2018, 04:09:56 AM »

I can’t help looking at this now

deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2018, 06:29:43 AM »

Welp, I see a V5 in my future. Great work man, I was hoping they could be inverted! That looks so much better!

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »

Welp, I see a V5 in my future. Great work man, I was hoping they could be inverted! That looks so much better!

Or two or three....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2018, 09:36:50 PM »

Great information Studabeg5 point!.

Or two or three....

Well of course Infinit - how elese can you mix and match ALL the claw colours on ALL the Emmitters! it would be a crime not to have the full range of options! I'm thinking initiate LE gold claws on dark initiate LE emmitter as a start....swap some pommels...oooh the possibilities...2019 is going to be the year of the V5 customization i think!

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: