Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian V4 Newb  (Read 2986 times)
CustomCommando
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 16, 2018, 02:24:50 AM »

So I've wired up a number of other boards for lightsabers, but this is my first Obsidian.  When I got it, I was surprised with how little information came with it.  I wrote to Ultra Sabers and got three basic but different from each other diagrams. Nothing about programming, if it's setup for tri-LED stars or single, if you need a buckpuck or just resistors, etc. Where does a newb go to learn the ins and outs of the Obsidian?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 04:18:23 AM »

It says "V2," but this wiring diagram is still valid:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=6717.0

It doesn't show the buck puck, but that goes between the LED+/- on the board and the actual LED+/-. However, a buck puck isn't necessary. You can calculate the amount of power needed for each LED and add resistor(s) to the positive or negative wires to perform the same function. However, the buck puck is more efficient. It will deliver the correct amount of power needed to each LED die and your color(s) won't dim as the batteries get lower. It's up to you what you want to use.

CustomCommando
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »

What I'm not understanding on these diagrams is the "dead ends" to Flash on clash. Is the Obsidian only for single-LED stars? Is there any diagrams for tri-stars?

CustomCommando
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 07:08:52 PM »

So I've only worked with single LEDs and Tri-stars. I'm a little stumped if I can use a tri-star? Do I wire up a couple of the lights and the flash on to the third?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 02:34:40 AM »

The flash on clash shares a positive with the other LEDs. The negative goes back to the flash on clash post on the wiring harness.

Obsidian can for sure handle Tri stars, that's an option when ordering sabers. It can even handle all three on the same post/pad.

CustomCommando
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 09:55:13 PM »

So - just so I'm making sure I have this correct - on a tri-star I could wire the regular - and + for the two LED's I want to stay on consistently and then wire the FOC - and + to the one LED I want to flash on clash, right?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: