Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Add sound to lightsaber  (Read 2112 times)
fralodia
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 17, 2018, 05:35:48 AM »

Hi.
I bought my first lightsaber and I did a mistake. I bought Emerald driver (without sound) and I want sound. Is it possible to buy and add to it the "Obsidian USB Soundcard" and a "battery Holder/speaker"? There is any place to see how to do it?

Thank you.
Jordi

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 03:39:06 PM »

It is possible but takes some know how and skill. It is generally recommended to send it back in to have it done?

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 06:44:27 PM »

Hey there, it all depends on your skill with soldering and electronics. Keep in mind that if you do it on your own, you void the warranty so it's probably best if you have UltraSabers do it. Just contact customer service, they'll give you direction

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:12:38 PM »

Hey there, it all depends on your skill with soldering and electronics. Keep in mind that if you do it on your own, you void the warranty so it's probably best if you have UltraSabers do it. Just contact customer service, they'll give you direction

Adding sound to an Emerald led driven lightsaber will be a challenge. You'd need to cut some wiring that go from the card to the battery holder and add some too. This diagram will give you an idea:

From my 2 Emerald & Obsidian v3 lightsabers I have, US uses a jumper connection between the 2 boards, then wires in the LED module, switch, battery holder and speaker.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: