Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Samick's Luck Cantina TOR 2019 RPG short game  (Read 2233 times)
Rough Knight
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 12

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2019, 05:24:57 AM »

::Rauk Kartoo, Kasa Horansi, Bounty Hunter Pilot::
::Main Bar, Samicks Luck Cantina, Nar Shaddaa::

Rauk regarded the Human with some interest; it seemed she was working for the Hutts.

“Yes I have picked up several bounties for Hutts over the last 18 months” Rauk began, rewarding the females information with some of his own “they are…. consistent in their terms of employment and quite generous if you stay on the right side of them”. He added.

The Human looked at the Horansi bounty hunter quizzically and continued to sip her drink.

“That’s not the only work I do though” Rauk continued “there are a lot of uses for….. particular skillsets and I always think it wrong to let opportunities slip by, I suspect you may be of a similar opinion? Anyway the name is Rauk Kartoo and I’d be interested to hear about this opportunity you mentioned. We might even go and investigate that bar later”.

Perhaps things were looking up, thought Rauk, although in the back of his mind he remembered it was always wise to keep your wits about you on the smugglers moon. He certainly had no wish to end up drugged, with his striped skin the latest rug adorning the the floor of  some spice dealers penthouse on the upper levels.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3023

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2019, 10:03:45 PM »

:: Ky' Liir Terek ::
:: Samick's Luck Cantina ::

When the Horansi introduced himself and finished talking, Ky’Liir gave him a smile. It seemed he was indeed a suitable candidate to help her on the job. “The name’s Ky’Liir Terek. Like you, I tend to take job opportunities when I see them rather than limiting myself, I have a… somewhat considerable skill set. I think we will be able to do business, if you find it of interest.” She glanced at his empty glass on the bar.

“What was in that?” she commented, motioning with her head towards the glass.

Kuati ale” Rauk replied, lifting an eyebrow slightly, as one of the bartenders came over to take the empty glass away.

“Vakim, get my friend here a Netassa ale, stick it on my tab” she said to the bartender recognising him and calling him by name. The human behind the counter gave her a grin as she flicked him a few credits, enough to cover that and a few more drinks as well as the whiskey she was still nursing.

Here you go Terek” he responded as he put the filled glass on the bar.

“This stuff is brewed from a mix of Elba and Toz grains grown on Salliche, tastes better in my opinion than the kuati ale they’ve got here. I tend to prefer my spirits however” she said to the Horansi as she held up her glass and took another sip. She spied a table being vacated not far from the bar and motioned towards it with her free hand. “Shall we? I prefer not to discuss business at the bar.”

Rauk nodded and took the drink she had bought him. Ky’Liir noticed that the blue jacketed human was still sitting at the bar, made eye contact with him and gave him a small nod in recognition before leaving it. As Ky’Liir walked towards the table she noticed a small group of humans who seemed to also be making their way towards it, and lengthened her stride to reach it first and place her glass down. The burly looking human male at the lead of the group was obviously drunk and not particularly bright. Before she could sit down he grabbed her upper arm, not hard but enough to get her attention and her head whipped around.

Oi, we was gonna sit there, wasn’t we lads?” he commented with what he obviously thought was an intimidating tone. Her eyes flicked from him to his five companions, a mix of human and alien wearing expensive looking clothing who were making noises in agreement and puffing themselves up to look more important, then to the Koransi who had followed a step slower. People like his little group bothered her, they would throw words around but had no ability as a warrior to back it up. She put her hand over his, prying it off her arm and squeezing it hard enough that it would start hurting him. As she did so she turned to face him properly, so that he and his friends could see she was armoured and armed. The man tried to pull his arm back as he realised through his drunken haze she was hurting him but she held him with ease.

“Well you and your lads aren’t now. Go find someone else to bother, or I will start breaking the bones in your fingers one by one” she said in a low threatening tone, towering over him. The man cringed as she squeezed his hand harder.

They dun like violence here, they’ll throw you out for sayin’ that! Do you know who I am?!” The human’s voice ended in a squeak as she pulled him a little closer, his eyes flicking over to the Nikto guarding the door.

“I don’t kriffing care. I’m on first name basis with the Hutt that owns this joint, so don’t think they will help you” she growled at him only just loud enough that those immediately around her would hear. “Now scram. Go spend your creds on losing at pazaak or something.” As she let go of his hand she partly threw it, the drunken human stumbling away. Between the sight of the female mercenary and the large armoured Felinoid behind her the group thought better of it and took off to the other side of the bar. Ky’Liir sighed and sat down in one of the chairs, lifting her feet to rest her boots on another chair as she casually leant back with her whiskey in one hand. The side of her jacket fell aside clearly exposing the heavy blaster strapped to her thigh.

“Drunken idiots” she commented to Rauk.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:32:16 AM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Kaboose0008
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2019, 11:36:16 AM »

:: Hunter Travis, Human Imperial Cipher Agent
Back booth, Main bar, Samick’s Luck Cantina::

“I spent the worst two years of my life on Taris.” Hunter said as he leaned back into the padding of the booth his eyes scanning the room. “That place was a prison without bars, of course I didn’t help that situation any.”

“Our job isn’t taking us to Taris is it?” Hunter said his voice dropping a bit. He rolled his neck slowly listening to the slight pops that seemed to get a little louder each year. There were so many unique creatures in this room so much life, quite the opposite of his time on Taris.

::Zendrah Tuul, Human Sith Marauder

Two years? Zendrah thought, Obvisously somebody must hate him. Zendrah drank the remainder of the bourbon in her glass.

“I've been there twice before, first to kill an Imperial scientist who'd defected, second was to kill my master.” Zendrah said as the altercation between the tall woman and some drunken patrons caught her attention. She grinned slightly as the drunks were sounded defeated, but quickly frowned as the men did not escalate the situation or offer an apology to the lady. Zendrah watched them until one took a drink, as the man began to swallow Zendrah reached out with the Force, applying just enough pressure on the man's throat causing him to choke on his drink. As the man coughed and gasped for air Zendrah laughed. As the drunken fools saw to their friend Zendrah returned her attention to Hunter.

“I've no idea where this mission will take us. Zan may know more.” Zendrah said as she looked in Zan's direction. Catching his eye she motioned for him to join them.

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -362

Dark Jedi

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2019, 09:47:01 AM »

:: Zaliz Zan, Miraluka Sith Marauder
Main Bar, Samick’s Luck Cantina ::

Zan caught Zendrah’s subtle motion to join her and the human male she was sitting with. He stood and made his way towards the pair. Passing by a woman speaking with a Horansi. “ Kasa Horansi “ he thought to himself. As he approached the two in the back booth, he grabbed a chair and pulled it up to the table. Sitting between them. He gave Zendrah a slight nod before turning his attention to the human.

“ Zan. And you are?  “ He asked.

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -140

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2019, 12:59:28 PM »

Hunter leaned back against the booth as the Miraluka approached and sat down, “Good to meet you Zan, my name is Hunter.”

Motioning to the bottle on the table Hunter continued, “Help yourself to a drink. Zendrah here has been telling me a small amount about a job you may have lined up on behalf of the Empire and I have to say my interest has been piqued.”

Hunter looked around the room again as there was some kind of verbal altercation, “The Cantina is unusually loud tonight, but perhaps that is for the best.”

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 599

Some people just never learn. I'm one of them.

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2019, 09:13:51 PM »

:: Sola Navin, Human Sith Sorceress.
Main bar, Samick's Luck Cantina. ::

Sola was still playing around with her pad, she had this ridiculous game where you had to match color patterns, with them getting faster and more complex as you go. It was nice, because it required a good amount of concentration, enough that you could get lost in it and not be hardly aware of what was happening around you, or in Sola's case not have to worry about hearing thoughts of the busy cantina patrons.

I think it's time to go, Sola thought, maybe I should call a taxi. She turned off the game and looked for a hotel room and a taxi, hopeful that nobody would approach her and she could leave in peace....

(Sig by me!)

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 07:54:23 AM »

Back Booth, Main Bar, Samick's Luck Cantina ::

Zan crossed his arms and nodded. " Indeed. I will have more details once we have a small team assembled. The Mandalorian at the bar will be joining us as well. " Zan said as he glanced at Zendrah, nodding towards the Talon at the bar.

He focused his attention back to Hunter. " So tell me, what is it you specialize in? "

Rough Knight
Knight Templar

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2019, 05:26:25 PM »

::Main Bar, Samicks Luck Cantina, Nar Shaddaa::

Rauk accepted the drink from Ky’ Liir and began to follow her to a vacant table, but he had barely taken two steps when he nearly tripped over an Ugnaught. The Horansi bounty hunter glared at the diminutive alien who scampered out of his way but by the time Rauk had caught up with Ky’ Liir she was in some sort of altercation.

A drunken human had grabbed her by the arm while his five companions looked on. Rauk looked at the Nikto bar security and considered grabbing the human and hurling him at his companions but it was not needed, Ky ’Liir dragged the man close and words were exchanged although Rauk could not make out what they were. The man’s friends were shocked but Rauk took a step towards them and all but one hastily backed away. Rauk faced the Gran who remained, sizing him up, the three eyed alien scowled at Rauk before stepping away also. Rauk kept watching him they were always trouble these black wearing Gran.

By this time, Ky’ Liir had sent the drunken man on his way, Rauk sat down at the booth, retracting his claws as he did so. Just then he noticed something odd. As the drunken Human and his friends moved away one of the other humans in the group broke into an odd coughing fit. This would have been no big deal but the big Twi’Lek sitting at the bar looked around sharply at the choking man and then looked towards a table where a male and female Human sat in a back booth, Empire or Sith by the look of the clothes they wore. The Twi’Lek had an odd expression at first Rauk thought it was anger but on second thoughts extreme determination would better describe it. A Miraluka walked past to join the two Humans at the back booth.

“Oafs” said Rauk to Ky’ Liir nodding to the drunken group who were heading in the direction of an unhappy looking Human Female who was sitting alone and doing something with here data pad. Ky’ Liir said nothing of the altercation she evidently followed the same philosophy as Rauks second in command “there is little honour in punishing fools” was one of the Coynites mantras.

“So now we have our table, what is it I may be able to help you with” asked Rauk.

Darth Severus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -140

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 09:44:18 PM »

Back Booth, Main Bar, Samick's Luck Cantina ::

Zan crossed his arms and nodded. " Indeed. I will have more details once we have a small team assembled. The Mandalorian at the bar will be joining us as well. " Zan said as he glanced at Zendrah, nodding towards the Talon at the bar.

He focused his attention back to Hunter. " So tell me, what is it you specialize in? "

Back Booth, Main bar, Samick’s Luck Cantina::

Hunter smiled and looked at Zan, he resisted the urge to look towards the bar to examine the Mandalorian. “It’s good to know that you have found others to join us.”

Hunter took a long sip of his drink, and waited a moment for the liquid to slowly alight his throat with its slow burn. “My speciality is discretion and secrets, I trade in them and keep them, I know a lot of people in a lot of places and I know things about them that they don’t want anyone to know.”

Putting his glass down Hunter smiled, “I’m also very good at getting into places that people believe are secure . . . and well . . .  blowing things up.”

It is not the side of the force we chose, but our actions that define us.
Dark Liberator-AS
Phantasm Staff -DVA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3023

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 10:00:14 PM »

:: Ky' Liir Terek ::
:: Samick's Luck Cantina ::

The mercenary woman almost absent mindedly adjusted the leg strap on one holster so it sat more comfortably as she replied to Rauk, with a laid back carefree posture. “I'll admit, I haven't got full details on the job yet, I'm meeting my contact tonight for just that reason. What I have already been told is that they would like to hire me to ‘hunt down something' for them. I wasn't given the specifics, but I was led to believe that I would be required to find a person or persons and recover some property of value. I was also told I would need a crew to do so, so I'm guessing this person is fairly dangerous and beyond my scope alone, and the property is very valuable. Apparently they will likely be in quite a dangerous area, though my contact declined to give away the details of the planet or area. Not unusual, they prefer such information doesn't get heard or seen by the wrong people.”

Ky'Liir scratched at an itch on her chin then took another sip of her drink. “I came early to scout the place out for potential crew to do the job. I am also in need of new crewmates aboard my ship, my last took his leave after we came in last night. Apparently he wasn't interested in doing more dangerous work.”

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Dark Jedi

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2019, 08:42:28 AM »

Back Booth, Main Bar, Samick’s Luck Cantina ::

“ Well then, perhaps you can help me with my next task. We need to procure a ship. Preferably of the Republic. I will explain more once we leave Nar Shaddaa. “ Zan said quietly.

“ We will also need to find an expert slicer. “ He said, glancing over at Zendrah “ And one or two more fellow Sith Warriors. Perhaps you could help with the latter? Most of our brethren only tolerate my presence due to my rank. “ He said, referring to his Miralukan background.

Aletani
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -130

Dark Side Points Please

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2019, 03:09:04 PM »

::Aletani, Human Sith Juggernaut
Main Bar, Samick's Luck Cantina::

As Aletani finished the last bite of her dinner, the Rutian cook slave quickly stepped over with a small smile and bob of his head to take the dishes. The Sith woman flicked her hand in a human's equivalent of a gesture the Twi'leks might use their dynamic silent head tail Lekku language for. "Birnan."

Terrin could tell the old friend he had when they were young was still some small part of the intimidating warrior before him now. Keeping his happiness reserved out of respect for her and the general decorum expected of slaves addressing Sith, he spoke quietly in Ryl, some of the inflections made with his lekku, Rackus ar kalyan a jorhisanm muchi.

The scarred Sith, lowered her gaze quickly after the Rutian spoke, tilting her head just slightly in acknowledgment of his words. The Rutian met the Lethan's gaze, realizing their interaction may well have been eavesdropped by the fellow Twi'lek - an obviously armored Jedi no less. While Terrin knew Ikis to be fair and reasonable, the two separated by a single stool were still opposite sides of the chit - by choice or not. Blanching slightly as he didn't want to raise suspicions about Aletani or her Sith loyalty, Terrin scurried off to disappear back into the kitchen.

Lost in thought, her body language and expression neutral, if uncharacteristically relaxed for a Sith, Aletani took another sip of her Whiskey. Her gaze absently roaming the bar top and the wide variety of beings Vakim was serving this evening.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:29:07 PM by Krace » Logged

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2019, 03:23:27 AM »

:: Yrroc Drahcir, human, mercenary ::
:: Samick’s Luck Cantina ::

Yrroc strolled into the bar, eyeing the place as he did so. A cocky smirk surrounded by a short cut black beard could be seen on his face. He tilted up the wide brim of his hat and focused his blue/green eye on a seat in the corner.

He was a well built and well dressed man, and could almost pass for nobility if not for the long scar and eye patch snugly affixed to where his right eye should have been. As he walked he dusted off his long navy blue overcoat as well as his navy pants. As he reached the booth, he finished brushing off his azure, silk vest.

“Bourbon. The good stuff. Pretty please” Yrroc said to the waiter droid as he sat down. The smirk dropped from his face as he unsnapped the retention on one of his holsters under the table.

He’d noticed both Jedi and Sith, as well as competition in the cantina.

Nothing to do now but wait.. He thought to himself as the droid returned with his drink. He slowly sipped it as he waited for his contact.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Kaboose0008
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -2

« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2019, 06:46:16 PM »

Back Booth, Main Bar, Samick’s Luck Cantina ::

“ Well then, perhaps you can help me with my next task. We need to procure a ship. Preferably of the Republic. I will explain more once we leave Nar Shaddaa. “ Zan said quietly.

“ We will also need to find an expert slicer. “ He said, glancing over at Zendrah “ And one or two more fellow Sith Warriors. Perhaps you could help with the latter? Most of our brethren only tolerate my presence due to my rank. “ He said, referring to his Miralukan background.

::Zendrah Tuul, Human Sith Marauder

"You and I both it would seem, Zan," Zendrah said standing, "I am not in good standing with the Empire, myself. I will do what I must."

Zendrah took a quick look around the bar, singling out two potential candidates, a scarred dark haired woman with a prosthetic arm and a young woman with bright pink hair. Zendrah decided to approach the pink haired woman first, seeing as she appeared to be leaving. As Zendrah walked toward her she pulled her hood over her head.

"Excuse me," she spoke politely, "could I speak with you a moment?"

Rough Knight
Knight Templar

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2019, 07:23:36 PM »

:: Samicks Luck Cantina, Nar Shaddaa::

Rauk leaned back in his chair and took a swig of his drink as he listened to the details of job that Ky’ Liir had coming up. As he did so a grin spread across his face.
“Well it seems we are here for very similar reasons” the Horansi said with a laugh.

“I have my own ship and very similar crewing issues" he said "A D-5 Mantis, she’s over in a docking bay near Mezenti as we speak, could be off the planet within the hour if need be.” He paused for a moment considering his next move in what could be a potentially lucrative arrangement.

“Now I don’t know if your job is big enough to warrant two ships, if it is then I’m definitely interested, but if not things needn’t end there. We have some work coming up here at the end of the month so if we can be back here by then, either me or my second in command could come along with you, the other one can stay here to look after the ship and recruit some new crew. I’ll best let you know now though we don’t come cheap".

Rauk looked at the Human half expecting to see disappointment on her face but that didn’t seem to be the case.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: