Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sinawali Drills by MR  (Read 736 times)
Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« on: December 30, 2018, 02:06:12 PM »

You will notice I keep the angles wide. This is so everyone can see the angles. As people progress, we teach them to tighten it up for the " perfect " V. More on that later.

FMA has much more to offer than just Sinawali ( some spell it sinwalli....). It is sometimes referred as Doble Baston (double stick). Sinawali means to weave and refers to the use of using Two Sticks, or dual wielding.

typically, the techniques/drills are kept within a certain format for levels 1 - 3. Recently, in the last couple of years, I was told by fellow instructors of higher rank to start " playing " with the techniques to see if I could come up with my own set of Coordination/Combat drills. So, here is the result of that. Figured I would share it here as I progress. By the end of the year ( of 2019...), I hope to have between 20 - 30 " chains " to help students develop even more muscle memory/neuroplasticity. I've already done something similar in the Jun Fan System, so here's hoping it goes smooth.

Unfortunately, there are some requirements to make learning these easier. Not mandatory...but like I said, it will shorten the learning curve.
Techniques within this chain are as follows...
- Heaven Six
- Muhara
- Gunting ( scissor )
- pilantik ( reverse abanico witick )
- hakbang paiwas ( pivoting footwork )
- hakbang tatsulok ( triangle footwork )

Obviously, this is a Closed Chamber Chain. Hope you enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_vZQqsL5w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: