Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Honest Trailers: Mary Poppins  (Read 717 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: December 18, 2018, 06:55:12 PM »

Before she returns, let's see what those fine looking people over at Screen Junkies think about the 1964 original.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T1toif1GRM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 11:51:59 AM »

I like it and now can't wait for the next one!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 10:46:21 PM »

That was a good one. Some of their trailers aren't that funny, but that one had me laughing pretty hard.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 10:48:09 PM »

That was a good one. Some of their trailers aren't that funny, but that one had me laughing pretty hard.

Agreed. Some are really dry but this one made me laugh as well

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 11:00:51 PM »

Yeah, a lot of their stuff is making fun of something out of respect and just trying to have fun, but sometimes they dog on stuff too much, or the jokes aren't funny. Interesting side note: their voice over guy has been doing some commercials lately. I've heard his unmistakable voice on Cricket Wireless commercials.

Mary Poppins is a great movie. I haven't seen it in a few years, so I should probably do something about that. Julie Andrews is a class act, such a great leading lady. I know they had fun with him, but Dick Van Dyke is comedy gold, especially when he was singing and dancing as Bert in that film. The two of them play off of each other perfectly. The whole movie is just a lot of fun, basically a big cartoon, even the live action bits, with a great message about the importance of family over money. (though, it's ironic you can't have a family without money)

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 04:36:53 PM »

Yeah, a lot of their stuff is making fun of something out of respect and just trying to have fun, but sometimes they dog on stuff too much, or the jokes aren't funny. Interesting side note: their voice over guy has been doing some commercials lately. I've heard his unmistakable voice on Cricket Wireless commercials.

Mary Poppins is a great movie. I haven't seen it in a few years, so I should probably do something about that. Julie Andrews is a class act, such a great leading lady. I know they had fun with him, but Dick Van Dyke is comedy gold, especially when he was singing and dancing as Bert in that film. The two of them play off of each other perfectly. The whole movie is just a lot of fun, basically a big cartoon, even the live action bits, with a great message about the importance of family over money. (though, it's ironic you can't have a family without money)

Agreed. They’re all about humor and trying to be respectful it there are times that I feel they try too  hard or the jokes aren’t funny whatsoever.  I like their channel and what they have going for the most part but there are times I feel that I have enough of a video before even getting to the middle of it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: