Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mario or Sonic?  (Read 1583 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: December 20, 2018, 02:42:42 PM »

A simple (?) question that I'm sure will create lots of debate.

They both run. They’re both iconic and they both have lots of games featuring them and their supporting cast. But which is better? Who do you prefer? Which games are the best? Let the games begin.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »

A simple (?) question that I'm sure will create lots of debate. Let the games begin.

Mario is classic and so is sonic but Mario continues to live on console after console, evolving and in my opinion, getting better and better. Also, I played Mario way before I ever touched a Sonic game so Mario for me. 

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 03:15:33 PM »

I remember playing a Mario & Luigi handheld game in the 1980s where they were in a warehouse packing a delivery truck. I’ve long played and liked Mario games (Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Super Mario Land to name a few).

As Infinit01 said, Mario like Madonna, has continued to reinvent himself and stay relevant with each new generation of console that is released. And despite the awful movie with Bob Hoskins and John Leguziamo, he is the DUDE!

Both iconic, but Mario was my first love.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 03:23:41 PM »

I remember playing a Mario & Luigi handheld game in the 1980s where they were in a warehouse packing a delivery truck. I’ve long played and liked Mario games (Donkey Kong, Mario Kart, Super Mario Land to name a few).

As Infinit01 said, Mario like Madonna, has continued to reinvent himself and stay relevant with each new generation of console that is released. And despite the awful movie with Bob Hoskins and John Leguziamo, he is the DUDE!

Both iconic, but Mario was my first love.

Agreed and I couldn't help but laugh at your Madonna reference, lol.  Point for that.  I also like that Mario has a ton of spin off games like Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario, Mario's Picross, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi series, Mario Party, Mario Golf, Mario Baseball, Wario, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Cookie, Yoshi's Safari, Diddy Kong Racing and a few others I'm sure I left out

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 11:36:32 PM »

I've always preferred Jumpman over Mario. Tongue

For me, Sonic just barely edges out Mario. Though, I will say I'm not a massive fan of the platforming genre. So, I find Mario tends to get more annoying to me as the games progress. Sonic is more running with less platforming, which is probably why I prefer Sonic. I also must say that, with both characters, I prefer the old 2D games to the newer 3D games. Though, in terms of 3D, I'd say I like Mario better there than Sonic.

In case you can't tell, I'm not really firm one way or the other. Wink Both characters are well represented in my game collection. I have loose carts of Donkey Kong, Super Mario 1 & 3, Super Mario World, Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Sonic 1 & 2 (on an officially licensed multi cart) and I have all of the Nintendo and Sega classic systems that have been released, each of which as its company's mascot well represented in the games list.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: