Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Imgur Comments  (Read 3809 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: December 22, 2018, 08:05:55 PM »

So, ever since photobucket started acting the arse I use Imgur to post photos on this forum. However, it seems that the Imgur community who can view and comment and images on there REALLy do not have a sense of humour.

I rarely look at the comments on there, as it's simply a place for me to upload stuff to make it easier to post on here, but I noticed that my recent Christmas meme engendered a Looooooooooog conversation thread, starting with someone helpfully telling me "With an attitude like that, you should buy a bullet and rent a gun."

I was wondering, has anyone else had comments like this on any of there images over there?

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 01:10:21 PM »

So, ever since photobucket started acting the arse I use Imgur to post photos on this forum. However, it seems that the Imgur community who can view and comment and images on there REALLy do not have a sense of humour.

I rarely look at the comments on there, as it's simply a place for me to upload stuff to make it easier to post on here, but I noticed that my recent Christmas meme engendered a Looooooooooog conversation thread, starting with someone helpfully telling me "With an attitude like that, you should buy a bullet and rent a gun."

I was wondering, has anyone else had comments like this on any of there images over there?

I don't get any comments on my images, But I don't really "share" them.  I just upload to my account and link them here.  But the comments are pretty much trash over there...from all sides. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 08:17:33 PM »

I just upload to my account and link them here.  
That's what I do. I suppose I could make them hidden over there, but to honest, like I said, I never read the comments normally.

But the comments are pretty much trash over there...from all sides. 
Agreed. Although some, very occasionally, are quite funny. But not that often though.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 08:48:29 PM »

I don’t get man comments but I only post memes that I want the public to see. I used imgbb for post of my personal pictures and memes since people are quick to get offended or are highly opinionated

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 08:51:05 PM »

Imgur is really like any other social media site. There's always assholes.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 08:55:56 PM »

I used imgbb for post of my personal pictures and memes since people are quick to get offended or are highly opinionated
My private photos are on my phone. Personal photos for public consumption are on instagram. Imgur is purely for forum stuff.

I don’t get man comments but I only post memes that I want the public to see.
I have yet to get a "man" comment!!  Cheesy (only joking fella. you know I love you really)

Imgur is really like any other social media site. There's always assholes.
Indeed.

Lady Revan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1055

I leave my alignment to Fate-whether Light or Dark

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 09:27:54 PM »

I've started setting all of my imgur photos to private for this exact reason. I don't appreciate  private messages and comments like

"10/10 would drink your Sith bath water"

and

"You always wanna Jedi in the streets but a Sith in the sheets"

amongst other lewd comments, or comments about the design of my bathroom -_-

My Sabers: I'mma make a link eventually. list doesn't fit in sig any more Sad

Author of: Only Light Can Cast Shadow A pre-KotOR Fem!Revan Fic

Twisted Morality (Part III of "Only Light Can Cast Shadow")

I leave my alignment to fate--Light or Dark

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 09:31:32 PM »

LR - you get sent private messages? Jesus, that's messed up. As much crap as seemingly gets posted no-one has ever bothered to message me directly. So sorry you've had to deal with such shelle.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 12:02:23 AM »

LR - you get sent private messages? Jesus, that's messed up. As much crap as seemingly gets posted no-one has ever bothered to message me directly. So sorry you've had to deal with such shelle.

When you have a place where there are daily theme posts like Redhead Monday and Thigh High Thursday, it's to be expected that there are malcontents who will post creepy things as a matter of course. They seem to think that because a pretty girl posts a picture that means they have license to say and do what they want, similar to the cosplayers who think a Deadpool costume gives them license to fondle and grope at a convention. In both cases, they are A) wrong, and B) lucky they don't get punched in the taint.

Posting pictures of a celebrity, a model, or even some of the well known cosplayers like Enji Night or YaYa Han will engender some lurid commentary, and (I'm probably gonna get skewered for this, but I don't care because it's the cold hard truth) that's part of the price they agree to pay in exchange for fame, the other part being under constant public scrutiny and having far less privacy.

However, random people posting images of themselves on social media should not have to endure such crap.

The problem is that many people don't seem understand or care where that line of demarcation is.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 05:03:17 PM »

I've started setting all of my imgur photos to private for this exact reason. I don't appreciate  private messages and comments like

"10/10 would drink your Sith bath water"

and

"You always wanna Jedi in the streets but a Sith in the sheets"

amongst other lewd comments, or comments about the design of my bathroom -_-

And this is underside of the internet even if other people are fans. They’ll sexually harass a woman or make lewd comments because they’re hiding behind a keyboard and screen.  Sorry you’re going through that, or we’re going through it

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2018, 08:39:11 PM »

This is exactly why I host all my photos on Facebook. You only share them with your friends, and also can control which ones see it, right down to sharing it only with yourself and no others.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 04:10:21 AM »

Naw, just YouTube. (probably the same crowd) Stupid comments are why the current incarnation of my channel has comments disabled on the videos. Besides, I mainly do vids to post here anyway. I host my images on my WordPress account.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 05:04:29 AM »

Naw, just YouTube. (probably the same crowd) Stupid comments are why the current incarnation of my channel has comments disabled on the videos. Besides, I mainly do vids to post here anyway. I host my images on my WordPress account.

Makes sense.  I noticed that the comments on your channel are disabled when wanted to comment on all of your reviews which I always enjoyed so I gave you the thumbs up instead

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 05:47:41 AM »

Makes sense.  I noticed that the comments on your channel are disabled when wanted to comment on all of your reviews which I always enjoyed so I gave you the thumbs up instead

Thanks bro. I also post my Ultrasabers reviews here, so the people for whom they're really intended can always comment on the threads. Smiley I used to go a step further and keep the videos unlisted, but I figure I'll make them public and just keep the comments disabled.

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable comments on Imgur? That might be a good idea for people who don't want comments on their stuff.

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

The Mad Professor

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 06:17:25 AM »

Thanks bro. I also post my Ultrasabers reviews here, so the people for whom they're really intended can always comment on the threads. Smiley I used to go a step further and keep the videos unlisted, but I figure I'll make them public and just keep the comments disabled.

Does anyone know if there's a way to disable comments on Imgur? That might be a good idea for people who don't want comments on their stuff.

Yeah, just upload it, but don't post it to the gallery.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: