Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Two questions before buying my first saber.  (Read 2018 times)
A Divine Taco
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 23, 2018, 07:02:51 AM »

Hello all, first time here.

I have two questions regarding on getting my first light saber.

First, before ordering the saber with sound, is it possible to get obsidian lite with sith sounds or do is it a default sound that it comes with? if its possible to request it, it would be a bonus instead of getting obsidian v3 or 4. if not then i guess ill go for v3 or 4

Secondly, is there a coupler that's smaller than the flush with vents that still lets sound through and allows alignment? i will be getting as close to mauls design as possible.

Thank you for any answers guys.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 02:05:29 PM »

I'm sorry, but the answer to both questions is no. The Obsidian Lite board comes with only the Obsidian font installed. And, the only coupler smaller isn't vented for sound.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 02:05:40 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You can’t get a Sith font in a Lite sound board since it’s a static sound board and only comes with one default font. You’ll have to get the premium boards, V3 or V4’s but I recommend the V4 which is $10.00 more and gives you a better option with better features, not to mention it has a mute feature as well

Unfortunately, there aren’t any couplers smaller than the flush vented coupler other than the Quick Release coupler but the sabers will spin around unless you use gaskets to keep them in place. There is a regular vented coupler but it isn’t flush and will stick out which gets in the way if you’re spinning or trying to Grip the middle of the saber. You can’t align any of the sabers with the other couplers other than the Quick Release

A Divine Taco
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 02:42:59 PM »

Ooo okay, thabks for the info. Ill go for the extra features then as i want as close to maul as possible.

A Divine Taco
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 02:44:09 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

You can’t get a Sith font in a Lite sound board since it’s a static sound board and only comes with one default font. You’ll have to get the premium boards, V3 or V4’s but I recommend the V4 which is $10.00
More and gives you a better option with better features

Unfortunately, there aren’t any couplers smaller than the flush vented coupler other than the Quick Release coupler butnthe sabers wil Spin around unless you use gaskets to keep them in place. There is a regular vented coupler but it isn’t flush and will stick out which gets in the way if you’re spinning or trying to Grip the middle of the saber. You can’t align any of the sabers with the other couplers other than the Quick Release

And Infinit01, i was watching a reviewer on the menace and what he had used was a flushed with alignment and he was able to get the screws and buttons aligned perfectly.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 03:02:27 PM »

And Infinit01, i was watching a reviewer on the menace and what he had used was a flushed with alignment and he was able to get the screws and buttons aligned perfectly.

That sounds like the Quick Release coupler, it is also a flush coupler as well

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 02:31:09 AM »

You can also calibrate the alignment using the adjustable coupler with vents.  That's what I chose for my double Menace because I didn't want it spinning loose with the quick release.  It takes a bit of trial and error at first to get it set, but you can adjust the alignment a few degrees at a time and it ends up rigid once tightened down.

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 10:37:03 PM »

That sounds like the Quick Release coupler, it is also a flush coupler as well

I think I was watching the Dual Menace review that the OP saw. The person in that video was using an adjustable coupler.

Shown here:
https://14ytzy21g73g3jrlv82zjf7f-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/p-23897-PARTS-FCWVA-4.jpg

Not going to add it to my Imgur. I already have too many pics linked to this forum, lol.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 12:49:39 AM »

Ah yes, how did I forget about the adjustable one. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: