Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark hand residue after handling saber  (Read 713 times)
Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« on: December 28, 2018, 06:25:43 PM »

So I've noticed my hands always end up smudged dark after handling my Sentinel. I thought it might just have some dirt on it, but I wiped it down and it still happens. Do I need to wipe it with something or stronger, or is this the result of handling bare aluminum? I'm considering a clear coat. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this or has advice.

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:06:14 PM »

The only time I've had that is after sanding a saber. Maybe they didn't get it fully cleaned off at the end of the machining stage.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 11:18:17 PM »

I have a Dark Initiate that I spin with regularly and don’t have that problem. It could be that after the anodizing process, it wasn’t sealed

Solstice Lacer
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -424

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 11:33:38 PM »

I gave it a second and third wipe down and it seems to be pretty much resolved. I think you may be right SFD. Maybe it just had some aluminum dust and/or bit of grease left on it.

And speaking of spinning infinit I hope to make a video soon once I practice a bit more.

Points to you both

Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters where the ragged people go, looking for the places only they would know.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 11:41:27 PM »

I gave it a second and third wipe down and it seems to be pretty much resolved. I think you may be right SFD. Maybe it just had some aluminum dust and/or bit of grease left on it.

And speaking of spinning infinit I hope to make a video soon once I practice a bit more.

Points to you both

Glad that was it. I look forward to your spinning videos! Point back!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 11:51:15 PM »

Yeah, when I sand an empty hilt, I give it a good cleaning by running it under water and wiping it down. Obviously, not an option with electronics installed. Wink When you have electronics installed, it can take a few good wipe downs to get it all off.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: