Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsabers in trouble  (Read 14179 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2019, 10:07:10 PM »

Not you, just the so-called writers.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 09:23:09 PM »

Not you, just the so-called writers.

While I don't mind the Crystals being more force oriented...I can agree the Story Group seems to have no clue what they're doing.  Dangling plot lines, unnecessary  characters and events, outright contradictions to film lore.   

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2019, 10:08:51 PM »

While I don't mind the Crystals being more force oriented...I can agree the Story Group seems to have no clue what they're doing.  Dangling plot lines, unnecessary  characters and events, outright contradictions to film lore.   
Yeah. For me details are what sell a story. If their "new" ideas were consistent with all facets, I may not mind as much.

Case in point: kyber crystals are supposed to be Force sensitive and can choose who uses a saber, and dark siders have to "bleed" the crystal to break its will, resulting in a red blade.................why does the Deathstar fire in green if the crystals haven't been bled in order to be used for evil?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2019, 11:01:33 PM »

Yeah. For me details are what sell a story. If their "new" ideas were consistent with all facets, I may not mind as much.

Case in point: kyber crystals are supposed to be Force sensitive and can choose who uses a saber, and dark siders have to "bleed" the crystal to break its will, resulting in a red blade.................why does the Deathstar fire in green if the crystals haven't been bled in order to be used for evil?

Canon wise...they haven't answered that as far as I know...only saying "even the Jedi didn't know everything about them".   Which does Irk me.  Like I said...I like the idea but do wish they would flesh it out more.  I would rather the Death Star NOT have used Kyber Crystals.   

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2019, 01:23:52 PM »

Canon wise...they haven't answered that as far as I know...only saying "even the Jedi didn't know everything about them".   Which does Irk me.  Like I said...I like the idea but do wish they would flesh it out more.  I would rather the Death Star NOT have used Kyber Crystals.   
I would have preferred Kyber crystals to have been a specific type of crystal, capable of being used in a saber, that was Force sensative. Not the ONLY saber crystal.

Sig by For Tyeth

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »

I would have preferred Kyber crystals to have been a specific type of crystal, capable of being used in a saber, that was Force sensative. Not the ONLY saber crystal.

exactly, In the old canon there were dozens of different kinds of crystals (Adegan, Hurricane, and the Shards) and there was one Kyber crystal and it was basically a legend

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2019, 03:41:29 PM »

exactly, In the old canon there were dozens of different kinds of crystals (Adegan, Hurricane, and the Shards) and there was one Kyber crystal and it was basically a legend

Which I personally didn't like.  It was one of the main issues with the EU....it became bloated.  Its why I was fine with a restart to trim it down a bit...but not the way they did it

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2019, 05:08:32 PM »

You also had Jedi standard Illum crystals. Ancient Sith mined Lignan crystals (red) and then learned to produce synth crystals. No hocus pocus bullshell about breaking its will.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2019, 05:34:09 PM »

You also had Jedi standard Illum crystals. Ancient Sith mined Lignan crystals (red) and then learned to produce synth crystals. No hocus pocus bullshell about breaking its will.

Force forbid "Space Wizards" Preform any Hocus Pocus.... Roll Eyes

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2019, 09:44:17 PM »

Force forbid "Space Wizards" Preform any Hocus Pocus.... Roll Eyes
Sith rituals I'll buy. Imbuing an object WITH the Force, I'll buy. Those have to do with an acts will. But I refuse to get into an argument with a rock.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2019, 10:34:56 PM »

Sith rituals I'll buy. Imbuing an object WITH the Force, I'll buy. Those have to do with an acts will. But I refuse to get into an argument with a rock.

Why not, I do every time we converse...Tongue

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2019, 01:39:45 AM »

And another perfect segway into a shameless plug for the ForumVerse. Karmack has gone extensively into this very topic in his stories, and it works beautifully. Check it out.

But outside of that, why would it matter? The crystals are already naturally Force sensitive, all that is needed is for someone to have one. The deathstar (like any other weapon) is not evil, the person who wields the weapon decides whether or not the acts committed with it are evil or righteous.
The saber doesn't need a red blade to be used for evil (as evidenced by Anakin murdering the younglings, etc.), the red blade is more of a symbol of their path to the Dark Side (yes, I know, that is not exactly accurate, but for the point I'm trying to make, it is what is needed). Look at General Grievous. He uses sabers for evil, yet they aren't red. If a saber needs to be red in order to be used for evil, than Dooku would have bled Grievous' sabers any time he got one.

As far as we know, that is all it is. There is nothing in Canon that says there cannot be other types of crystals used. Just that Kyber is the most common. I fully believe that there could easily be one or two (at most) other types of crystals that could power a lightsaber.

And bleeding a crystal doesn't involve will? Have you even read what you are saying? Or better yet, have you even read into the lore that goes along with bleeding? Maybe you should, Wookieepedia is not that hard to get to, and it will tell you everything you need to know about any SW topic you want to know about.

So then why didn't Luke use the Sorting Hat to find out the Solo brat was a bad egg and immediately exile him to Mordor?

And what is this even supposed to mean? What you said makes absolutely no sense. I won't say that Rian made the best decisions he possibly could have with Luke's character arc, but at the same time, they have yet to explain what happened to Luke to get him to the place he was at when he tried to kill Ben and thought better of it (that being the important part). Wait until they explain it, we have one more movie left in the trilogy, so we will see which of the stories Abrams ties up and brings to a close. I'm pretty sure we will get the majority of the answers we are looking for.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2019, 04:21:38 PM »

Why not, I do every time we converse...Tongue

Did some thinking over the weekend about this. I would concede a Force connection with a crystal that was infused with the Force. Whether by Jedi meditation or Sith ritual, in order to disallow any unauthorized use of the saber.

Also.....shut up.

And another perfect segway into a shameless plug for the ForumVerse. Karmack has gone extensively into this very topic in his stories, and it works beautifully. Check it out.

But outside of that, why would it matter? The crystals are already naturally Force sensitive, all that is needed is for someone to have one. The deathstar (like any other weapon) is not evil, the person who wields the weapon decides whether or not the acts committed with it are evil or righteous.

The saber doesn't need a red blade to be used for evil (as evidenced by Anakin murdering the younglings, etc.), the red blade is more of a symbol of their path to the Dark Side (yes, I know, that is not exactly accurate, but for the point I'm trying to make, it is what is needed). Look at General Grievous. He uses sabers for evil, yet they aren't red. If a saber needs to be red in order to be used for evil, than Dooku would have bled Grievous' sabers any time he got one.

As far as we know, that is all it is. There is nothing in Canon that says there cannot be other types of crystals used. Just that Kyber is the most common. I fully believe that there could easily be one or two (at most) other types of crystals that could power a lightsaber.

And bleeding a crystal doesn't involve will? Have you even read what you are saying? Or better yet, have you even read into the lore that goes along with bleeding? Maybe you should, Wookieepedia is not that hard to get to, and it will tell you everything you need to know about any SW topic you want to know about.

And what is this even supposed to mean? What you said makes absolutely no sense. I won't say that Rian made the best decisions he possibly could have with Luke's character arc, but at the same time, they have yet to explain what happened to Luke to get him to the place he was at when he tried to kill Ben and thought better of it (that being the important part). Wait until they explain it, we have one more movie left in the trilogy, so we will see which of the stories Abrams ties up and brings to a close. I'm pretty sure we will get the majority of the answers we are looking for.

- Then why is it bullshell canon that dark-siders can't have a saber unless they bleed the crystal? And again, If I can turn it on and kill someone with it, I wouldn't care if the blade was carnation pink, I'll use it. And I highly doubt that an organization bent on galactic domination is concerned about symbology. I'm just sickened by the notion that the Force would actively oppose itself with rules like only the goody-two-shoes get to find crystals and make sabers. Ever notice that the "Dark Side" is never classified as an opposing the Force? It is the Force. The opposition of light and dark is balance, so if the good guys get awesome glow sticks of death then so do the bad guys, and for no more effort.

- If there are other ways, then why push that Sith/dark-siders have to steal Jedi crystals?

- I always try to proofread my posts. But more so, I'm referencing what others have told me about the would-be canon. I trust Tepes when he tells me something about the "new direction" no matter how much I may hate it. And considering that he hasn't yet told me that my information is incorrect, I will continue railing against it.

Perhaps you should read the article on Wookieepedia http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyber_crystal (which sucks btw)

- I'll explain it to you when you're older and capable of understanding sarcasm.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2019, 08:40:10 PM »

Did some thinking over the weekend about this. I would concede a Force connection with a crystal that was infused with the Force. Whether by Jedi meditation or Sith ritual, in order to disallow any unauthorized use of the saber.

Also.....shut up.

I will also concede, while I like the idea of "Bleeding" the Crystal, I do wish the Sith had their own ritual for obtaining crystals other than killing a Jedi and taking theirs. 

Also...Make Me

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2019, 09:57:45 PM »

I will also concede, while I like the idea of "Bleeding" the Crystal, I do wish the Sith had their own ritual for obtaining crystals other than killing a Jedi and taking theirs. 

Also...Make Me
I will add to my concession. I don't think that I would mind as much if bleeding a Jedi's crystal was a thing, not the only thing.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: