Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Lightsabers in trouble  (Read 14074 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2019, 10:27:37 PM »

I will add to my concession. I don't think that I would mind as much if bleeding a Jedi's crystal was a thing, not the only thing.

I can agree on that.  Though the Bleeding Ceremony was interesting to see in the Vader comic.   The Force pushed back and showed Vader a possible path of Redemption.  But he refused.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2019, 02:41:51 AM »

Okay, so how did the Eternal Empire even GET lightsabers. Much less yellow and blue ones...

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2019, 02:44:47 PM »

Okay, so how did the Eternal Empire even GET lightsabers. Much less yellow and blue ones...

Because SWTOR is still operating on the old EU Rules.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2019, 03:47:14 PM »

I can agree on that.  Though the Bleeding Ceremony was interesting to see in the Vader comic.   The Force pushed back and showed Vader a possible path of Redemption.  But he refused.
Blah blah blah. Light and Dark are two sides to the same coin. There is no right or wrong.

Sorry to say, I hated that scene where the boys are making a saber. "Let's just drop the crystal in and it'll work." Undecided Uh, no. Unless the crystal is properly aligned it will cause the saber to explode.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 04:14:16 PM »

Because SWTOR is still operating on the old EU Rules.

I see.

Blah blah blah. Light and Dark are two sides to the same coin. There is no right or wrong.
Sorry to say, I hated that scene where the boys are making a saber. "Let's just drop the crystal in and it'll work." Undecided Uh, no. Unless the crystal is properly aligned it will cause the saber to explode.

You sure are reading a lot into a video game trailer...

(Sig by me!)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 06:14:52 PM »

So, killing millions for no other reasons than to assert power is right? 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2019, 06:17:33 PM »

I see.

You sure are reading a lot into a video game trailer...
Because I know how people work. They see it once and think it's a universal constant. Like TCW screwed up by making all crystals initially clear versus colored, so they could run with the dumbass mistaking an ice shard for a crystal. Now everyone follows that idea since undoubtedly more saw TCW instead of the Micro-series.

So, killing millions for no other reasons than to assert power is right? 
Life and death happens.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2019, 06:35:09 PM »

Because I know how people work. They see it once and think it's a universal constant. Like TCW screwed up by making all crystals initially clear versus colored, so they could run with the dumbass mistaking an ice shard for a crystal. Now everyone follows that idea since undoubtedly more saw TCW instead of the Micro-series.

That's also LITERALLY how it works according to cannon.... of course they're going to follow established cannon. You're being silly now.

(Sig by me!)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2019, 06:44:55 PM »

There is no right or wrong.

Impressive. Every single word in this sentence is wrong.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2019, 09:32:16 PM »

That's also LITERALLY how it works according to cannon.... of course they're going to follow established cannon. You're being silly now.
The only reason it's "canon" is because it was used in TCW. Otherwise they'd have come up with something beyond ridiculous. Roll Eyes

Impressive. Every single word in this sentence is wrong.
<cringe> Quoting TLJ? How desperate are you?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2019, 10:04:40 PM »

Cleaning a Crystal of the Dark Side did exist in the EU... From Wookipedia

"The Jedi Order had an advanced technique that allowed, in case of need, the cleaning of synthetic crystals made by dark-side users from the hate of their former owners. In 41 ABY, Jaden Korr, who had lost his lightsaber, used the Force to banish the dark side from the red crystal of a Dark Jedi he had killed. Through meditation, he was able to remove all traces of the dark side and imbue the crystal with the light side, turning the Dark Jedi's lightsaber into a yellow-bladed Jedi weapon. "

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2019, 04:13:24 AM »

Now I have a backstory in my head where I cleansed my Dark Sentinel to have it's amber blade instead of red. Cheesy

(Sig by me!)

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2019, 10:07:13 AM »

Maybe this applies to this thread, maybe it doesn't. I feel like Disney doesn't understand anything to do with the Force. Jedi, Sith, Lightsabers, all of it.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2019, 01:24:07 PM »

Maybe this applies to this thread, maybe it doesn't. I feel like Disney doesn't understand anything to do with the Force. Jedi, Sith, Lightsabers, all of it.

Here's the thing.  We all like to throw Disney's name around but in the end...they just write the checks.  True enough they could step in at any time and change the direction so at most they are guilty of indifference.  It is Kathleen Kennedy (who was hand picked by Lucas) and Lucasfilm that are making these decisions.  The Story Group, the people in charge of canon, as well is made up of people who have worked at Lucasfilm since before the Prequels began.  What we are really seeing is a group of people who had their own Ideas how Star Wars should be and without George there have the free reign to enact it.  The Inmates have the keys so to speak.  Now of course this doesn't mean Lucas was without his faults.  There are quite a few decisions he made that were pretty bad.  The Mando's being pacifists was his idea for example. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2019, 06:39:49 AM »

Cleaning a Crystal of the Dark Side did exist in the EU... From Wookipedia

"The Jedi Order had an advanced technique that allowed, in case of need, the cleaning of synthetic crystals made by dark-side users from the hate of their former owners. In 41 ABY, Jaden Korr, who had lost his lightsaber, used the Force to banish the dark side from the red crystal of a Dark Jedi he had killed. Through meditation, he was able to remove all traces of the dark side and imbue the crystal with the light side, turning the Dark Jedi's lightsaber into a yellow-bladed Jedi weapon. "
Ok, now this would make sense since a synth crystal of a DS adept would have been forged by a malicious will. But simultaneously Luke's green crystal was synth as well, and then later in the comics he had a shoto with a red crystal.

You can sit with me.

Here's the thing.  We all like to throw Disney's name around but in the end...they just write the checks.  True enough they could step in at any time and change the direction so at most they are guilty of indifference.  It is Kathleen Kennedy (who was hand picked by Lucas) and Lucasfilm that are making these decisions.  The Story Group, the people in charge of canon, as well is made up of people who have worked at Lucasfilm since before the Prequels began.  What we are really seeing is a group of people who had their own Ideas how Star Wars should be and without George there have the free reign to enact it.  The Inmates have the keys so to speak.  Now of course this doesn't mean Lucas was without his faults.  There are quite a few decisions he made that were pretty bad.  The Mando's being pacifists was his idea for example. 
I think the biggest reason why Disney gets thrown under the bus is because the timing of their acquisition of Lucasfilm coincides with the Star Wars purge and the subsequent age of suck. NTM, Disney has a long tenure of being associated with magic, and that is exactly the way the new canon is being sold: "We can't come up with a good plot or explanation of a plot device, so we're just going to label it as space magic."

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: