Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Diamond Controller doesn't detect my current fonts  (Read 2752 times)
Gavyn
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 02, 2019, 02:00:55 PM »

Hello,

I have a question and was wondering if it was a natural behavior from the Diamond Controller. Whenever I create my own effects with the font wizard and the effect editor, I can see the name of the font on the lightsaber just fine in the font selection.

However, whenever I disconnect the lightsaber (say for testing some new effects I added) and connect it back to my computer, it always say that all 16 fonts are unused! It makes it really painful to go and do some modifications to existing fonts since I don't know which ones I'm trying to modify. Also, the "Enabled" checkbox is checked for all 15 fonts I've applied.

The most annoying thing is that I can't delete a font I put on the saber. I downloaded a few funny ones like Mario and Spaceballs, but I don't want to keep them on the saber, it tells me the font is unused when I try to delete it.

Am I doing something wrong here or is that the normal behavior of the Diamond Controller?

I have Windows 10, installed the Diamond controller with my Diamond Lightsaber plugged to the computer as requested by the guide.

Gavyn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 02:11:09 PM »

I have also tried to completely uninstall the UltraSabers Launcher v2.45 and install it again while making extra sure that my lightsaber is plugged in a USB 2.0 port on my computer. I'm having the same issue again.

It says all fonts are unused, but I know for a fact that 15 out of 16 are in use.

Gavyn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:15:41 PM »

The current workaround I have found for deleting fonts is by loading 2 fonts, deleting one of them (it then disconnects my saber automatically, so I got to plug it back in, install 2 fonts again, delete 1...). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 10:59:33 PM »

So, when you connect the saber to the Launcher software, you're seeing 16 banks labeled as un-used?

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Gavyn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 01:29:40 PM »

That is correct. However, let's say I have 12/16 fonts currently on the lightsaber, all 16 will show as unused (so I can't delete them or apply any modifications without reloading the whole font again), but the first 12 will have the "Enabled" checkbox checked.

If I use my workaround to load a font to then delete it, the checkbox becomes unchecked.

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:02 AM »

That is correct. However, let's say I have 12/16 fonts currently on the lightsaber, all 16 will show as unused (so I can't delete them or apply any modifications without reloading the whole font again), but the first 12 will have the "Enabled" checkbox checked.

If I use my workaround to load a font to then delete it, the checkbox becomes unchecked.

Hi Gavin,

Could you upload some images, I'm not sure I understand exactly how the error appears. Did you get a chance to read the manual? Maybe it helps http://rsxengineering.com/saber_resources/Diamond_UserManual.pdf

Cheers,

Adrian

The RSX Engineering Team

Gavyn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 11:29:44 PM »

Hello,

I have read the manual a few times and installed the software while following the instructions.

Here are a few pictures :

This one is after I put 7 effects on the lightsabers (they were all written properly to the board.

Diamond1" border="0

Here is what I see after I click the "Disconnect" button from the Main tab, then click on the "Connect" again (note how it says everything is unused, yet the checkbox for the 7 fonts are still checked) :

Diamond2" border="0

I can't see any current font on the Diamond Controller Tab :

Diamond3" border="0

Neither do I see any font if I go in the Font Wizard menu :

Diamond4" border="0

Gavyn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 12:33:46 AM »

If I attempt to clear a font, it says "There's no font #(number) on board. Nothing to clear."

I know the fonts are on the lightsaber, as I can access them all if I unplug the lightsaber and turn it on and cycle through the different fonts with the movements.

RSX Engineering
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 54

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 09:14:04 AM »

Thank you for the details.
It might be a communication problem between the Diamond board and the computer, but we need more info.
Please run a Diagnose (from the Launcher's Diamond controller tab with all the boxes checked) and share the output. Plus, is there any red or error message coming up in the Main tab of the Launcher?

Cheers,
Adrian

The RSX Engineering Team

Gavyn
Force Sensitive

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 12:28:59 PM »

I'm not getting any error when I connect/disconnect the lightsaber. (Note that I have tried 4 different micro-usb cables):

Diamond5" border="0

Here is the result of the diagnosis:

Diamond controller diagnose report at sam. janv. 12 2019, 07:22:18
---------------------------------------------------------------
Serial number = 17042600, Hardware version = 111, Firmware version = 243

>>>>> ERRORS:
+ No errors found

>>>>> CONFIGURATION:
+ No errors found

>>>>> MEMORY:
+ No errors found, checked 44 descriptor blocks and 284 files.

>>>>> MEMORY CONSISTENCY:
+ No errors found, checked memory range from 0x80000 to 0x25f5a64

>>>>> MEMORY CRC:
+ No errors found, checked CRC for 284 files.

>>>>> FONTS:
- Font #1 is enabled but does not exist or is invalid. Overwrite the font or restore factory defaults.
- Font #2 is enabled but does not exist or is invalid. Overwrite the font or restore factory defaults.
- Font #3 is enabled but does not exist or is invalid. Overwrite the font or restore factory defaults.
- Font #4 is enabled but does not exist or is invalid. Overwrite the font or restore factory defaults.
- Font #5 is enabled but does not exist or is invalid. Overwrite the font or restore factory defaults.
- Font #6 is enabled but does not exist or is invalid. Overwrite the font or restore factory defaults.
- Font #7 is enabled but does not exist or is invalid. Overwrite the font or restore factory defaults.

>>>>> EFFECTS:
+ No errors found, checked 0 effects.

>>>>> SOUNDS:
+ No errors found, checked 0 sounds.

>>>>> GESTURES:
+ No errors found, checked 0 gestures.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: