Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Mass Effect Trilogy  (Read 25846 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 03:39:49 AM »

Having them all alive makes the party scene in MS3 add-on all the more enjoyable.

Oh yeah i always had complete survivals (just do all character quests excpet Legion before Throne system, then i got the Normandy invaded while i was out with legions quest), and Yeah that was a great little ending to get everyone together in the party...but them dropping off as party members...

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 03:58:13 PM »

I meant more that you don't keep Miranda/Thane/Samara/Legion etc. as party members in number 3.
Ohhhhh. You mean as "squad members". i thought you were referring to the crew party in Shephard's apartment. My bad.

i kinda missed Samara and Thane in MS3, but the band was essentially intact. And I tended to use Garrus and Grunt on 95% of my missions. I played as an infiltrator and left the biotics to my squad mates. Less to think about and able to inflict more weapons based carnage.

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 04:17:47 PM »

I played as an infiltrator and left the biotics to my squad mates. Less to think about and able to inflict more weapons based carnage.

I did the same. I would have Liara pull a group into a singularity and blast em' with the shotgun. Grin Good times! Especially using Kennect to isue squad command in real time. My neighbors must have thought I was nuts. "Liara singularity! Boomstick! Regroup!".

I never got to play the party scene in the MS3 add-on. I'm not sure it's even available anymore.

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 04:47:29 PM »

I did the same. I would have Liara pull a group into a singularity and blast em' with the shotgun. Grin Good times! Especially using Kennect to isue squad command in real time. My neighbors must have thought I was nuts. "Liara singularity! Boomstick! Regroup!".

I never got to play the party scene in the MS3 add-on. I'm not sure it's even available anymore.
I downloaded the party scene add-on a few months after completing MS3, as I was so in love with the game I didn't want the fun to end. I think you may be right though. I didn't see it on PSN when I downloaded the trilogy Sad

I can't remember the name of the rifle I used in MS2, but I think it was Batarian. i bought it in the slums on the citadel, near where you meet Kelly Chambers again. With upgrades (namely the perception filter thingy), I didn't need anything else in the game apart from my cloak occasionally. That was one thing I really liked about S3. You could choose how many weapons to carry. So I have the rifle and a sidearm. And that was it (except for my omnitool occasionally for that up close and personal kill! Damned husks!)

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 07:46:06 PM »

I have to say, as much as I'm loving MS1, it is also very frustrating, as the gameplay is so much better and smoother in MS2 and MS3, and because I know what's coming I'm finding myself wishing I could hurry up and finish the game so I can import and REALLY start having fun.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 01:43:27 AM »

I have to say, as much as I'm loving MS1, it is also very frustrating, as the gameplay is so much better and smoother in MS2 and MS3, and because I know what's coming I'm finding myself wishing I could hurry up and finish the game so I can import and REALLY start having fun.

I know...much as i love it i don't think i could put up with a 10+ year old games issues....+1 Vote for a remaster!

One of the things that killed me in ME1 was how based on your class you are'untrained' in different weapons - i was Vanguard which pretty much sucked in terms of shooting options till you get a decent shotgun...it also ddidn't make sense that a trained soldier couldn't use a sniper rifle or assault rifle, glad they fixed that one by ME3....

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 02:28:55 AM »

I know...much as i love it i don't think i could put up with a 10+ year old games issues....+1 Vote for a remaster!

One of the things that killed me in ME1 was how based on your class you are'untrained' in different weapons - i was Vanguard which pretty much sucked in terms of shooting options till you get a decent shotgun...it also ddidn't make sense that a trained soldier couldn't use a sniper rifle or assault rifle, glad they fixed that one by ME3....
As you said, it's a 10 yr old game, so some leeway and forgiveness should be in order. And I'm glad I'm playing it, seeing how the squad we know and love originally got together. Although, i really miss the banter between the team when you're out on missions.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 04:19:01 PM »

Just had a thought. Bioware were the same people behind KOTOR and used selective game elements from those games in creating Mass Effect. As great as MS2 and MS3 are, MS1 is considered a bit old and a bit clunky. And yet, people still rave about KOTOR, which I believe are even older. Double standard because it's a (good) Star Wars game?

I honestly would like to know, as I never played KOTOR (but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cinematics).

Also, I am about halfway through the game and have only just figured out how to upgrade my weapons! Doh!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 09:00:17 PM »

So, I am going to have to (temporarily) accept defeat, after realising that I do not have significant experience, weapons or armour to defeat Matriarch Benezia (the blue grand-daughter of Deanna Troi and a particularly surly Andorian).

I had completed everything except Benezia and her damned Asari commandos (after getting past the commandos and geth guards). So had to back track all the way back to the Normandy, purely not to lose all the experience points and equipment I'd gained up until now. But, her time will come. Oh yes...HER...TIME...WILL...COME!!

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2019, 12:46:05 AM »

Just had a thought. Bioware were the same people behind KOTOR and used selective game elements from those games in creating Mass Effect. As great as MS2 and MS3 are, MS1 is considered a bit old and a bit clunky. And yet, people still rave about KOTOR, which I believe are even older. Double standard because it's a (good) Star Wars game?

I honestly would like to know, as I never played KOTOR (but LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cinematics).

Also, I am about halfway through the game and have only just figured out how to upgrade my weapons! Doh!

I would say it is.  KOTOR's Item system was fairly clunky.

Fun fact:  a friend of mine who used to live in the area was in the games industry, and one night at our old Magic the Gathering circles, he brought a buddy of his, who worked for Bioware.  He mentioned that he'd worked on KOTOR, and I asked him about a lot of it (as well as KOTOR 2 and how they could have let that out so early).  That evening, he said, "Y'know, if you like the character building in KOTOR, you should look for this new game we have coming out, called Mass Effect.  You might really enjoy it."

Fast forward and yeah, I really did like it.  Enjoyed the trilogy and Andromeda too.  ME3's From Ashes is really good, and Leviathan was freaking GREAT...  if you haven't done Leviathan, cannot recommend enough, as it added SO much depth.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 03:52:58 AM »

I've played the first one almost all the way through. I love it, but I think I got burned out trying to do all of the side quests and I literally visited every planet on the map. One of these days, I need to try a run where I don't do as much and just try to finish the story. Then, I also have the second game to play...

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 05:50:38 AM »

I've played the first one almost all the way through. I love it, but I think I got burned out trying to do all of the side quests and I literally visited every planet on the map. One of these days, I need to try a run where I don't do as much and just try to finish the story. Then, I also have the second game to play...
There's a lot of scanning in ME2 and ME3, but at least in those games there is a point to it; it contributes to fabricating new and better weapons and armour. ME2 and ME3 are so expansive though you would never get bored. Had enough of scanning, go off and do a loyalty side mission. Or go and romance one of the team. Or just walk around the ship listening to the crew banter.

Enjoyed the trilogy and Andromeda too.  ME3's From Ashes is really good, and Leviathan was freaking GREAT...  if you haven't done Leviathan, cannot recommend enough, as it added SO much depth.
Can i say the trilogy is amazing based purely on only having played ME2 and ME3? And Andromeda is really not as based as many people make out it it. It's a solid entry into the franchise and a good building block for future games if they so wish.

I'm not sure if any of the DLC are still available to download. I already have the Silversun Strip download (with Anderson's apartment). That was very cool.

*edit* Suffering from a cold and can't sleep, so decided to check on PSN and From Ashes and Leviathan are still both available. Will get them once the gameplay odyssey reaches MS3.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2019, 06:05:03 AM »

I've played Andromeda too, just not all the way through. (I have a bad habit of starting and not finishing games, even ones I really like) The game itself is really fun and the story is interesting and features new races and locations. It's a bit on the buggy side, though. However, some of the bugs in Andromeda are actually pretty hilarious, like the random twitches of your character or NPCs. The problem is a lot of gamers don't have the sense of humor to laugh that kind of stuff off.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2019, 01:30:42 PM »

Did you download Andromeda or buy it on disc? I bought it on disc and has a single glitch. As I'm only a casual gamer glitches never bother me. I just reload the game and carry on.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2019, 02:12:27 PM »

Download. It's been a long time since I last played, though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: