Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Mass Effect Trilogy  (Read 25851 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2019, 09:18:57 PM »

That was one thing i liked about Mass Effect it didn't shy away from the fact that there would be species divides e.g.the Pro human political party you can sort of do an ad for and Cerberus using alien tech to advance humanities interests, I actually liked Ashely more for her "Humanity First" POV made her a more real character IMHO.  Such anti-alien prejudice might not be the futuristic ideal, but I think it is square on with what the reality will be if we ever do find sentient alien life, a lot of people will just want to wipe hem out steal their stuff and strip mine heir planet.
I think it came across too heavy handed sometimes with her character. But then again, I LOVED the Illusive Man (and having Martin Sheen voice him didn't hurt either).

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2019, 02:52:38 PM »

I think it came across too heavy handed sometimes with her character. But then again, I LOVED the Illusive Man (and having Martin Sheen voice him didn't hurt either).

To be fair Ashely is not a subtle person so kinda suited the character.

^This, brilliant choice of voice actor and character - whatever it takes to save humanity - even from itself....

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2019, 04:09:18 PM »

Okay, kinda annoyed. I've defeated Saren 5 times now and my PS3 keeps freezing on me. Grrrr!!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2019, 12:16:50 AM »

Okay, kinda annoyed. I've defeated Saren 5 times now and my PS3 keeps freezing on me. Grrrr!!

That totally sucks, bro. Any idea what's wrong with it? Maybe corrupt game files? I don't imagine it's the system if the game keeps freezing at the same point.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2019, 05:23:26 PM »

That totally sucks, bro. Any idea what's wrong with it? Maybe corrupt game files? I don't imagine it's the system if the game keeps freezing at the same point.
From what I've learned through the magic information goblins that live inside the internet, MS1 wasn't originally designed to run on PS3. This glitch was a common one experienced by many users. So to resolve it, I had to only use my pistol during the final fight, which considering I played as an infiltrator (meaning only sniper rifle and pistol as useful weapons) it took quite a while. However, I took a break to watch the BBC's NFL show, came back to it, beat Reaper-Saren and it went through no issue this time.

So, the game is complete, the galaxy is safe (for now) the council lives, Kaidan is dead and Anderson is on the council. It will be interesting to see how this affects the story (I know) in MS2. No spoilers please people!

Now that it's all over, I'm glad I played MS1. It's nice to see where the trilogy all began and the beginning of so many relationships that become so amazing over the course of the next two games. I remember watching a youtube review of MS1 when I was nearing the end of MS2 for the first time and hearing about how poorly the MACO handled. I assumed it was exaggeration. But, no. It's AWFUL! Lol.

I might get MS2 imported and up & running before heading off to bed. Or, play just like the first 20 mins or so. Would be rude not to.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2019, 06:02:21 PM »

Ah, a bad port. It always sucks when that happens. I'm glad to hear you were able to get through it. Point for perseverance.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »

Ah, a bad port. It always sucks when that happens. I'm glad to hear you were able to get through it. Point for perseverance.
I ended up as a level 44. I know the max you get on a 1st run through is 50, but I really don't have the patience right to do a new game+ and get the full 60. Plus, considering what haapens in the opening scene of MS3, I don't think it's necessary.

Was such a refreshing change being able to properly duck for cover and shoot properly. Cannot wait to continue the fun later this evening.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2019, 07:40:49 PM »

So, it seems a lot of the DLCs for Mass Effect 2 were included in the trilogy package I recently downloaded. First up, finding the wreckage of the original Normandy.

Urdnot Wrex. So awesome. That is all.
Upon this and other comments about Wrex and whether he was alive, I looked into it and never realised that the confrontation on Virnire cod have resulted in him dying! Yay for ignorance.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2019, 09:32:07 PM »

Well, Tali is on board and things are ticking along nicely. But that just leaves me with the hardest question of the game: Miranda, Jack, Tali - who to romance?

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2019, 10:02:20 PM »

Well, Tali is on board and things are ticking along nicely. But that just leaves me with the hardest question of the game: Miranda, Jack, Tali - who to romance?

Miranda, always Miranda...I found her really engaging and intelligent and a good match for Shepard (Paragon or Renegade). Her back story is interesting as well, the designer baby kind of thing really appeals to me as a theme in science fiction too...more human than human....  She, Thane and Samara (and illusive Man) really made ME2 for me in terms of characters.

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2019, 10:04:52 PM »

Miranda, always Miranda...I found her really engaging and intelligent and a good match for Shepard (Paragon or Renegade). Her back story is interesting as well, the designer baby kind of thing really appeals to me as a theme in science fiction too...more human than human....  She, Thane and Samara (and illusive Man) really made ME2 for me in terms of characters.
Story wise, I agree with you about those characters. But for a romance....

Too early to say, bug I may choose Tali this time round, because she's just so adorable.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 10:42:42 PM »

Story wise, I agree with you about those characters. But for a romance....

Too early to say, bug I may choose Tali this time round, because she's just so adorable.

Just remember to have a conversation about all those Quarian cross species contamination issues! Romance safely!

Lord_S_Gray

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2019, 11:15:01 PM »

Just remember to have a conversation about all those Quarian cross species contamination issues! Romance safely!
Quarian lives matter too!

VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Vor'ad Jorb'ir [Light and Dark Side Points please]

« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2019, 01:15:58 PM »

From what I've seen, Tali is the "True" romance option as considered by the devs. Liara is an option but Tali's romance story becomes much more emotional whereas Liara's is more mature.
I romanced Miranda. I had a thing for the accent and... I mean come on lol. She's genetically perrrrfect you know?

Also, Garrus is best man. Literally my favorite male character throughout just about any video game I've played

Such as the fly chided the frog, did the old bird chide the young wolf, as it knew the young wolf would never fly.
When the bird took flight, the wolf followed out of sight, wondering what nest he may just find.
But the wolf lost the bird’s scent, followed its chirps so frequent, ‘til it was lost in a place it’d never known.
And the bird ceased singing, landed on the head of a massive bear, and said “The inexperienced should never hunt alone.”

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2019, 06:57:26 PM »

From what I've seen, Tali is the "True" romance option as considered by the devs. Liara is an option but Tali's romance story becomes much more emotional whereas Liara's is more mature.
I romanced Miranda. I had a thing for the accent and... I mean come on lol. She's genetically perrrrfect you know?

Also, Garrus is best man. Literally my favorite male character throughout just about any video game I've played
i agree about Garrus. One of the strongest written characters in the trilogy and the voice acting was superb.

I know Bioware said Liara was Shepard's soul mate across the trilogy, but who can turn down adorarbly awkward Tali?

Question for the group:
I'm currently playing as an infiltrator. What squad mate pairing do you like best? So far i've found Garrus and Zaeed can handle pretty much every mission alongside me.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: