Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Author Topic: Mass Effect Trilogy  (Read 25708 times)
VoradJorbir
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

Vor'ad Jorb'ir [Light and Dark Side Points please]

« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2019, 09:59:07 PM »

I started as infiltrator too, but on ME3 Mulitplayer I'm absolutely a Sentinel.
I always brought Garrus and Miranda, but I was sleeping with her so idk if that counts lol

Such as the fly chided the frog, did the old bird chide the young wolf, as it knew the young wolf would never fly.
When the bird took flight, the wolf followed out of sight, wondering what nest he may just find.
But the wolf lost the bird’s scent, followed its chirps so frequent, ‘til it was lost in a place it’d never known.
And the bird ceased singing, landed on the head of a massive bear, and said “The inexperienced should never hunt alone.”

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2019, 04:01:15 PM »

i agree about Garrus. One of the strongest written characters in the trilogy and the voice acting was superb.

I know Bioware said Liara was Shepard's soul mate across the trilogy, but who can turn down adorarbly awkward Tali?

Question for the group:
I'm currently playing as an infiltrator. What squad mate pairing do you like best? So far i've found Garrus and Zaeed can handle pretty much every mission alongside me.

I'd tend to Grunt over Zaeed (if i remeber correctly he had more HP and better armour but its been a while) but both are good to be the heavy hitter and 'tank', I'd be tempted to take a Bionic - Samara or Thane if you have them to get the cross class combo detonations and turn those collectors into puddles of hemolymph and chitin. 

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 04:24:20 PM »

Depending on the mission, I find having a biotic on the team always seems to end up with them dying way quicker than anyone else on the squad. I may try Grunt and Zaeed as a combo, for true brute force horsepower.

I must say, MS2 does play slightly differently when you import a ME1 character. Not massive differences, but enough noticeable ones that seem to keep the storytelling tighter. It really is a joy to play.

Next up: going back to the Citadel to do a whole heap of loyalty missions.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2019, 01:01:38 AM »

Depending on the mission, I find having a biotic on the team always seems to end up with them dying way quicker than anyone else on the squad. I may try Grunt and Zaeed as a combo, for true brute force horsepower.

I must say, MS2 does play slightly differently when you import a ME1 character. Not massive differences, but enough noticeable ones that seem to keep the storytelling tighter. It really is a joy to play.

Next up: going back to the Citadel to do a whole heap of loyalty missions.

True on biotics, that's why i found a Shepard with Biotics was the best choice for me that way you're not worrying about a 'weak link' dying all the time and you control the detonations of combos more easily. 

Loyalty missions or equivalent are a bit of a staple in PRG's but of all of them i think ME'2 were the best, in particular Samara and Thane's, really made them more than just super space soldiers, these are people with families who pay a price for what they have become.

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2019, 05:12:32 AM »

Oh, for sure. Storywise, ME2 is definitely the best of the trilogy. The character development on people like Thane, Samara, Tali, Garrus really elevates the game to a cinematic level; a grand sci-fi space opera to rival Star Trek: DS9 and Babylon 5.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2019, 02:10:22 AM »

And so, we come to the end of ME2 (with ME1 import) and I have to say it definitely improved the game. The action and fighting was the same, but the storytelling seemed more streamlined this time round. Although, maybe it’s just me because I have only recently experienced the events of ME1.

Collector based is destroyed and all my crew and squad survived. Now the eternal question: Do I go back and replay ME2 on new game+ or just import the character as is straight into ME3?

I suppose I could do the import now and always go back later to the do ME2 new game+. I’m kind of eager to see if this import affects ME3 storytelling in the same way ME1 affected ME2.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2019, 09:23:27 AM »

Question for the group: What is your weapon (or weapons) of choice? For me, as I'm playing as an Infiltrator, it's sniper rifle (with concentration mod) and submachine gun, for those up-close-and-personal kills. Seems to do me well, especially with tungsten ammo loaded.

Only needed occasional heavy weapon on some hard-to-kill beasties in ME2, otherwise I just snipe away.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2019, 09:12:06 PM »

Question for the group: What is your weapon (or weapons) of choice? For me, as I'm playing as an Infiltrator, it's sniper rifle (with concentration mod) and submachine gun, for those up-close-and-personal kills. Seems to do me well, especially with tungsten ammo loaded.

Only needed occasional heavy weapon on some hard-to-kill beasties in ME2, otherwise I just snipe away.

Same for ME2 for me even as vanguard as Sentinel (after you get extra weapon on collector ship), with collector beam weapon as my heavy weapon. I went for the M97 viper which has the 'automatic' fire as i found it easier to deal with 'horde' attacks when combined with Cryo ammo, burst off three shots on each and that's 4 collectors or husks out of the game that i then smashed with biotic shock wave.

ME3 though with access to all weapons i switched to N7 Valkyrie (I think you need Omega or N7 DLC to get it) which i found to be very solid for any given situation especially after getting about level 3 upgrades and boosted with ammo abilities especially warp ammo on Liara.

Lord_S_Gray

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2019, 09:52:30 PM »

Same for ME2 for me even as vanguard as Sentinel (after you get extra weapon on collector ship), with collector beam weapon as my heavy weapon. I went for the M97 viper which has the 'automatic' fire as i found it easier to deal with 'horde' attacks when combined with Cryo ammo, burst off three shots on each and that's 4 collectors or husks out of the game that i then smashed with biotic shock wave.

ME3 though with access to all weapons i switched to N7 Valkyrie (I think you need Omega or N7 DLC to get it) which i found to be very solid for any given situation especially after getting about level 3 upgrades and boosted with ammo abilities especially warp ammo on Liara.
Ditto for me in ME2 - Viper with it's automatic fire just made things total carnage if you were a collector. In ME3 I favoured the Raptor.

Is the Omega DLC any good? Worth downloading?

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2019, 10:11:20 PM »

Ditto for me in ME2 - Viper with it's automatic fire just made things total carnage if you were a collector. In ME3 I favoured the Raptor.

Is the Omega DLC any good? Worth downloading?

I always had it so never played through ME3 without it, was just part of the story for me, it's a solid mission but IIRC had a couple of annoying combat bits but a pretty good narrative and characters in Aria T'Lock and a turian lady whose name i forget and you get some bonuses to galactic preparedness i think. 

Lord_S_Gray

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2019, 05:30:09 PM »

And so, my first ever complete playthrough of the trilogy is complete and I must say it was a fantastic experience. Yes, part 1 has some issues, which are to be expected with a 10yr old game. ME2 is still the best of the trilogy and I think I preferred the gameplay in ME2 to ME3 this time round. The Citadel dlc clone saga really ups the team dynamic and banter and having Wrex survive Virmire really enhances the later games.

I'm very surprised that you don't start with all your weapons in ME2 new game+. Very strange decision by Bioware

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2019, 09:29:23 PM »

And so, my first ever complete playthrough of the trilogy is complete and I must say it was a fantastic experience. Yes, part 1 has some issues, which are to be expected with a 10yr old game. ME2 is still the best of the trilogy and I think I preferred the gameplay in ME2 to ME3 this time round. The Citadel dlc clone saga really ups the team dynamic and banter and having Wrex survive Virmire really enhances the later games.

I'm very surprised that you don't start with all your weapons in ME2 new game+. Very strange decision by Bioware

to be fair you're meant to be...as Jacob put it...'meat and tubes' at the start of ME2, but yeah if you're gonna have a new game plus make it a new game plus with a locker of stuff on the Normandy or something.

Congrats Knox glad you enjoyed the ride, I enjoyed hearing about it, the nostalgia!

It really is - I believe - the best Video game Space Opera/Sci/fi series out there in terms of depth, immersion, player experience, continuity of story and creativity...games of the last few years could learn a lot from it, and many series would frankly do well just to copy some of its mechanics.

Lord_S_Gray

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2019, 10:01:15 PM »

You forgot to mention character depth/arcs and development.

I agree that all game studios should look at ME trilogy import feature and use it for certain franchises. I originally played ME3 first as a friend lent it to me. Enjoyed it so much I went back and bought ME2. You can enjoty each game as it's own thing but the  immersion and enjoyment is so much higher if you import and play through.

I may, at some point, go back to ME1 and play as a more renegade character, because it's fun and nice to have the good/bad option when importing

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2019, 11:37:29 PM »

You forgot to mention character depth/arcs and development.

I agree that all game studios should look at ME trilogy import feature and use it for certain franchises. I originally played ME3 first as a friend lent it to me. Enjoyed it so much I went back and bought ME2. You can enjoty each game as it's own thing but the  immersion and enjoyment is so much higher if you import and play through.

I may, at some point, go back to ME1 and play as a more renegade character, because it's fun and nice to have the good/bad option when importing

From what I have read, it is best to be consistent in how one plays Shepard through the trilogy.  IE, if Paragon, STAY Paragon and avoid most Renegade choices; if Renegade, vice versa.  I forget exactly why that is - I think certain story options only come into play this way, but I could be wrong.

I also tended to do different genders on playthroughs to see what else changed.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2019, 04:51:42 PM »

I'm glad you were able to complete and enjoy it. One of these days, I need to give it a go. Smiley

RE: weapons. Yeah, they like to "cripple" you in every game, somehow. I guess they figure if you don't earn stuff, you won't enjoy the experience. That's my best guess.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: