Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: How do you feel about tri cree sabers?  (Read 9798 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2019, 05:25:35 PM »

I just got my DSI in tri-cree arctic blue. It is amazingly bright. It literally lights up an entire room. Much brighter than I thought it would be. I am now a fan of the tri-cree.

That it does!   

DSI in tri-cree AB...   Sweet!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2019, 04:55:14 AM »

I have had it in both 'styles'.  To me, the "normal" FO appears dim.  In TriCree, it is much brighter in appearance and becomes a very vibrant color.

But there are times when the normal LED is superior, IMHO.   Arctic Blue (AB) is one of these.  The TriCree AB is a great color, but it carries a green tinge to it.  The AB sabers I've gotten in non-Tri Cree are a pure, ice-blue color without that green shading.  And since it is a mixed color, it is also very bright.  I don't notice a significant difference in observable brightness.   

Now, that being said ... I like the TriCree AB color a LOT.   I would just not call it AB.   I'd call, maybe, Light Aqua...   Its firmly between AB and SRD.  :-)

I am pretty sure most of the other "mixed" colors - VA, SRD, and the various "forum" colors - cannot be generated with TriCree either. 

So there's still a lot of reasons to love the normal LEDs and even favor them.  :-)

When I was shopping for my Dark Sentinel, getting Tri-FO instead of regular FO was recommended by a few people. The general consensus was always that FO was kinda dim and underwhelming, and then Tri seemed to fix that.

That really stinks about the AB. I was wondering about how they even got AB in Tri-Cree and it appears I know now... they just found Tri-Cyan and called it AB.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: