Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: How do you feel about tri cree sabers?  (Read 9738 times)
deevee2
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 110

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 02:36:58 PM »

woops forgot the link; you can assemble yourself using TCSS parts - https://www.ultrasabers.com/1-Thin-Walled-Photon-Green8482-PolyC-40-long-P1084.aspx

Ultrasabers hilt builds:
  Archon 3.1 (RGBW, sound, activation box)
  Spectre (Neopixel, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Aeon LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)
  Dominix LE v5 (RGBW, SmoothSwing, sound)

Ultrasabers empties:
  Chosen One, Graflex, 2x Dorinians, Savior, Raven, Consular

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »

The forum won’t allow you to use links to what’s considered the competition, DV. So if you notice, the link as been redirected

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 03:07:56 PM »

The forum won’t allow you to use links to what’s considered the competition, DV. So if you notice, the link as been redirected

The link is completely dead now actually, goes nowhere.

I thought TCSS was allowed? I guess I'll just stick to the other forums where you can actually communicate.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:
  Custom chassis, 18650 Li-Ion, bass speaker (2-4w), recharge port, 3rd party saber controller

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 03:11:30 PM »

The link is completely dead now actually, goes nowhere.

I thought TCSS was allowed? I guess I'll just stick to the other forums where you can actually communicate.

We can talk about TCSS and their stuff but the forum is set to redirect any and every link that points to parts for sale

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 03:17:24 PM »

We can talk about TCSS and their stuff but the forum is set to redirect any and every link that points to parts for sale

hahaha. so, in effect, they're pushing people to the competition by forcing some of us to find different places we can even talk about things, which subsequently introduces us to competing products.

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 04:25:13 PM »

Well nope.  Infinit did say that we could talk about them just fine.  

At one time links to TCSS did work, but once they began selling complete hilts, it no longer worked, I believe.

Don't get too worked-up.  We all do know what an LED star looks like, and that custom ones can be ordered from there - other places too...

Also, if you do in fact wish to share links, rather than just explaining an item, then other saber groups and forums certainly do exist.  There's a few good ones on FB actually, and UltraSabers belongs to one of those too. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

deevee2
Knight Templar

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2019, 08:32:27 PM »

Well nope.  Infinit did say that we could talk about them just fine.  

At one time links to TCSS did work, but once they began selling complete hilts, it no longer worked, I believe.

Don't get too worked-up.  We all do know what an LED star looks like, and that custom ones can be ordered from there - other places too...

Also, if you do in fact wish to share links, rather than just explaining an item, then other saber groups and forums certainly do exist.  There's a few good ones on FB actually, and UltraSabers belongs to one of those too. Smiley
yeah just seems kinda ridiculous TBH lol. you can talk about TCSS but not link them? also why would Ultrasabers sell empties but not their Emerald/Diamond controllers? seems like they put a lot of customers in a weird spot where they own an Ultrasabers product but Ultrasabers doesn't officially endorse using other products - so what is the point of the empties? stunts/Obsidian builds only? its just kinda ridiculous

Ultrasabers hilt builds:

Ultrasabers empties:

Hilt builds:

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 01:46:52 PM »

I'm willing to bet that US would do it - if you asked very nicely (read: beg) - and paid for it. Tongue

For sure, I think they'd be willing to work with a guy if a special request was made for a tri with flash.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 08:56:13 PM »

yeah just seems kinda ridiculous TBH lol. you can talk about TCSS but not link them? also why would Ultrasabers sell empties but not their Emerald/Diamond controllers? seems like they put a lot of customers in a weird spot where they own an Ultrasabers product but Ultrasabers doesn't officially endorse using other products - so what is the point of the empties? stunts/Obsidian builds only? its just kinda ridiculous

I hear ya.  It is different, and you aren't the first one to say so.

Hey, I don't make the rules; just abide by them. Wink

I look at it like this:  Let's say this is a restaurant, and the maitre'd & chef (Deep & Ultra) say that they don't want ads for other restaurants at their tables.  Other places might allow them, but they don't want that at all.  

Alright, fair enough.  I'm still going to eat here though.  The food ain't bad, the service is spectacular, and the prices are great....lol

Anyhow, the OP kind of already said that he didn't care about FoC, so we're both beating a dead horse on his thread.  LMAO!

Sorry Malik.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2019, 12:04:17 PM »

For sure, I think they'd be willing to work with a guy if a special request was made for a tri with flash.

I would hope so.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

Knowledge of the light, tendencies of the dark.

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2019, 04:35:08 PM »

All of my tri sabers are ridiculously bright like Infiniti said. Also go with ultra edge blades I'm sure you know. Guardian blue is generally dim near the tip i find, but still looks great and movie close visually to me, tri or not. I cant tell if the one initiate v2 Igot for free is sunriders destiny or arctic blue, but that's only two diodes, a brighter blue and consular green, along with violet amethyst which is guardian blue and a shade of red(unsure) mixed, and both are way brighter than guardian blue tri or not I find. Blazing red and consular green are crazy bright, without tri, but still better with.

MyUltraSabers:
*1)ArchonV3.1TriCG*2)Initiate V4GB*3)Graflex CEGB/Gflashpulse*4/5)Double Menace SETriBR*6)Initiate V2AB*7)Aeon LE V3GB
MyCustomUltraSabersDesigns:
JediDesigns•□*8)CombatantGB[Padawan]*9)IntimidatorTriCG[Master]*10)EnigmaLECBL{}VA[BattleRetreivedMasterSaber]
SithDesigns•◇*11)SovereignTriBR[Sith Lord]*12)AnnihilatorTriBR{Intimidator Sith Conversion}*13)ExiledTriBR[SithApprectice]
Wishlist:*DorinianSD[Jedi Knight]*ReaperTriBR[Sith Lord]

RhylisArdhrn
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 13

Knowledge of the light, tendencies of the dark.

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2019, 04:36:38 PM »

I would just go with tri for every saber, even if a light goes out every now and then, which in my Intimidator tri consular green it does, there are still two dedicated lights, and I believe it depends on how close to being dead your batteries are and how tight they are taped in the battery holder. My violet amethyst looked like a sith saber at low battery haha :p

MyUltraSabers:
*1)ArchonV3.1TriCG*2)Initiate V4GB*3)Graflex CEGB/Gflashpulse*4/5)Double Menace SETriBR*6)Initiate V2AB*7)Aeon LE V3GB
MyCustomUltraSabersDesigns:
JediDesigns•□*8)CombatantGB[Padawan]*9)IntimidatorTriCG[Master]*10)EnigmaLECBL{}VA[BattleRetreivedMasterSaber]
SithDesigns•◇*11)SovereignTriBR[Sith Lord]*12)AnnihilatorTriBR{Intimidator Sith Conversion}*13)ExiledTriBR[SithApprectice]
Wishlist:*DorinianSD[Jedi Knight]*ReaperTriBR[Sith Lord]

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 807

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2019, 04:57:39 PM »

I can't imagine FO in anything BUT Tri....

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2019, 03:42:08 PM »

I can't imagine FO in anything BUT Tri....

I have had it in both 'styles'.  To me, the "normal" FO appears dim.  In TriCree, it is much brighter in appearance and becomes a very vibrant color.

But there are times when the normal LED is superior, IMHO.   Arctic Blue (AB) is one of these.  The TriCree AB is a great color, but it carries a green tinge to it.  The AB sabers I've gotten in non-Tri Cree are a pure, ice-blue color without that green shading.  And since it is a mixed color, it is also very bright.  I don't notice a significant difference in observable brightness.   

Now, that being said ... I like the TriCree AB color a LOT.   I would just not call it AB.   I'd call, maybe, Light Aqua...   Its firmly between AB and SRD.  :-)

I am pretty sure most of the other "mixed" colors - VA, SRD, and the various "forum" colors - cannot be generated with TriCree either. 

So there's still a lot of reasons to love the normal LEDs and even favor them.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2019, 05:11:39 PM »

I just got my DSI in tri-cree arctic blue. It is amazingly bright. It literally lights up an entire room. Much brighter than I thought it would be. I am now a fan of the tri-cree.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: