Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Coming Soon: "Lightning" Metallica-Themed Sound Font (Preview Video)  (Read 15755 times)
Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« on: January 08, 2019, 10:55:37 PM »

Here is a video that showcases the second entry in "The Full Arsenal" Metallica-themed lightsaber sound font collection entitled, "Lightning".

As I did for "Son of Darkness" and "Hardwired", the video features all included sounds in succession with WAV viewer and decibel meter; in this case, a total of 183 different sounds.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4OeNT_ubg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP4OeNT_ubg</a>

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:40:08 AM »

Awesome.
I can hardly wait to play around with your newest creation.
  The video leads me to believe that with all the options you've included, one could make several different sounding fonts out of the one. Very cool and great idea! Everybody has different tastes and you have us all covered.
 I can't wait!!!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 02:36:34 AM »

Awesome.
I can hardly wait to play around with your newest creation.
  The video leads me to believe that with all the options you've included, one could make several different sounding fonts out of the one. Very cool and great idea! Everybody has different tastes and you have us all covered.
 I can't wait!!!

Thank you very much KaiserSosay Smiley

I think you are right about that, in terms of creating different sounding fonts. I considered breaking this down into several individual song-themed "sub-fonts", but then figured it may be more fun for people to play around and come up with their own configurations. With 22 different hum sounds and several segments from each song on the album, it's certainly feasible that no two people will have the same font loaded on their saber, which is cool.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 03:27:06 AM »

Holy.  Crap.  This is awesome, you've outdone yourself and we haven't even seen the light effects yet.  The only 'problem' I see is that I'm going to need at least two, probably three or more variants of this built to adequately utilize the awesomeness.  Good thing I have so many Diamond sabers, I can spread it around.  Seriously, this is amazing and I can't wait for the release so I can fully enjoy the metal.  Thank you so much for sharing your efforts with all of us!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 11:15:27 AM »

I. Can. Not. Wait.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 01:02:21 PM »

I. Can. Not. Wait.

Same here, DPM always drop great sounding fonts made professionally.  I feel spoiled by his work

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 06:00:48 AM »

Agreed.  DPM you ARE a member of saberfont.com - right?

I mean, you do sell these as well - don't you? 

You certainly could, if not.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 02:54:04 PM »

Holy.  Crap.  This is awesome, you've outdone yourself and we haven't even seen the light effects yet.  The only 'problem' I see is that I'm going to need at least two, probably three or more variants of this built to adequately utilize the awesomeness.  Good thing I have so many Diamond sabers, I can spread it around.  Seriously, this is amazing and I can't wait for the release so I can fully enjoy the metal.  Thank you so much for sharing your efforts with all of us!

Ha ha, there's ktulu! This one is for you, right? Smiley After all, you are the reason "Ride the Lightning" was produced next. A 'problem' indeed, but perhaps a nice problem to have? Grin I honestly don't intend for these fonts to keep getting bigger, but it just happens Lol. I cut a ton of stuff too.

Configuration of the LED effects and creation of the font file is next! Then, it will be released...

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »

Same here, DPM always drop great sounding fonts made professionally.  I feel spoiled by his work
Thank you, sir Smiley

When I take a little time off from making fonts, I'll be looking to get better at spinning, then... I'll be spoiled by the great work you've been doing Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »

Agreed.  DPM you ARE a member of saberfont.com - right?

I mean, you do sell these as well - don't you? 

You certainly could, if not.

Thank you Rapine Smiley

I became a member just recently. People here on the forum may remember my first offering, entitled "Son of Darkness". I recently went through the submittal process for that font, got it approved and it is now featured on that site for sale.

That said, the "Son of Darkness" download link that exists on this forum remains, and it will remain a free download. The fonts I post here at saberforum.com for Obsidian/Diamond users will remain free, and in most (if not all) cases, they will typically be available here before they are anywhere else. The only possible exception I can foresee is a situation where someone wants me to develop something exclusive.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 08:24:17 AM »

Thank you Rapine Smiley

I became a member just recently. People here on the forum may remember my first offering, entitled "Son of Darkness". I recently went through the submittal process for that font, got it approved and it is now featured on that site for sale.

That said, the "Son of Darkness" download link that exists on this forum remains, and it will remain a free download. The fonts I post here at saberforum.com for Obsidian/Diamond users will remain free, and in most (if not all) cases, they will typically be available here before they are anywhere else. The only possible exception I can foresee is a situation where someone wants me to develop something exclusive.

THAT'S EXCELLENT MAN!

Very generous and kind of you as well. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 04:15:44 PM »

Yes, very generous of you and congrats on your first don’t being on saberfonts.com!

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »

...The only possible exception I can foresee is a situation where someone wants me to develop something exclusive.

Don't tease me with the possibility.  Tongue

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2019, 06:12:31 AM »

Yes DPM - I'll actually beat BatMike to it, and ask for a Led Zeppelin font. Smiley

Us "Led-heads" need that...lol

Favourite tunes: The Ocean and Over the Hills and Far Away. Wink

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2019, 08:36:14 AM »

Yes DPM - I'll actually beat BatMike to it, and ask for a Led Zeppelin font. Smiley

Us "Led-heads" need that...lol

Favourite tunes: The Ocean and Over the Hills and Far Away. Wink

I wasn't thinking Led Zeppelin. But now I am.  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I think you over sighted "The Immigrant Song", Rapine!

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: