Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Coming Soon: "Lightning" Metallica-Themed Sound Font (Preview Video)  (Read 15746 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 08:42:14 AM »

I think you over sighted "The Immigrant Song", Rapine!
Nope - didn't. Wink

It was a close contender - along with many others, but I tossed out my two personal favs. Smiley

"Whole Lotta Love" would make a neat font too. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 08:44:40 AM »

Nope - didn't. Wink

It was a close contender - along with many others, but I tossed out my two personal favs. Smiley

"Whole Lotta Love" would make a neat font too. Smiley

*opens up Led Zeppelin discography*

"Whole Lotta Love" would be really cool. Same album, "Ramble On" would be good too.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 03:59:51 PM »

Led Zeppelin would be cool for sure Smiley

I'm in the middle of the process of seeking permission from Metallica to offer the two Met-themed fonts I've made. I tend to think they will be cool about it and the arrangement will be fair, but the challenge is getting ahold of anyone associated with Metallica, Blackened Records, etc. I'm a member of the American Society of Composers and Publishers (ASCAP) as a composer and publisher from my days writing and performing original music, and even with that advantage, it's still challenging.

Until I can figure it out, Saber Font will not feature the fonts, which I understand.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 09:03:56 AM »

Well drat. 

It's very cool that you have that great background though, and hopefully that helps you reach them.

At least it sounds like you know the right avenues to explore...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 11:08:25 PM »

Counting down the hours until I play with this font. I am totally salivating at the mouth with anticipation.

*cleans saliva off my chin*

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2019, 10:08:45 PM »

@BatMike90,

I feel the same. Don't  rush him though .  Perfection takes time! Hardwired was awesome and this next one sounds even better. I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. We also need to give him time to cover his bases legally with the copy rights and stuff.

Bye the way, thank you again for the great Halloween font. My kid runs every time I turn it on! I love it.
Thank you.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 10:20:09 PM »

Counting down the hours until I play with this font. I am totally salivating at the mouth with anticipation.

*cleans saliva off my chin*

Damn, people are waiting for this Shocked

My apologies everyone; I've been kept from making the type of progress I wanted on this; primarily by endless snow storms. I am the Director for a Public Works Department in the Chicago burbs and we've just been getting hammered; day after day after day... We're responsible for snow removal, so that's pretty much all we've been doing for the last ten days. Something else that's been keeping me away (albeit more fun) are some of the activities happening with the band. Last Saturday, we played a cool event with Local H and comedian Brian Posehn, of "The Big Bang Theory" and standup fame. It was sold out, so there were a ton of people and it was a blast.

All of that said, I have made some progress on this font collection. All of the sound editing has been done for awhile, as featured on the video above. Right after posting that, I started work on all the associated LED effects. Currently, I'm done with all the effects in the core default font file.

Now, I'm hammering through the massive amount of extra effects. As was done with "Son of Darkness" & "Hardwired", I have many, many more sounds than can be loaded onto a single font file and as such; I plan to offer effects files for each of them. The LED effects are designed to match the album artwork for "Ride the Lightning", so there are lots of deep blues and purples with flashes of white, etc. Looking pretty cool so far. My plan is to finish everything up this weekend (God willing), so I can get the overview and tutorial video started, and... get the whole package posted here for download.

...Hardwired was awesome and this next one sounds even better.

Thank you very much KaiserSosay, you're too kind Smiley

I don't know if it's "better", but it's definitely more fun working with a classic Metallica album. In that respect, it may be a bit more fun to play round with.

We also need to give him time to cover his bases legally with the copy rights and stuff.

No worries there. My fonts are always free to this community, so there are no legal ramifications without profit. I'm afraid that if we had to wait for that, we'd all forget about it well before it could be released Lol.

I believe what you had to say about the subject in your message is likely accurate too.

Oh, and I should have a teaser video showing the font with lighting effects working on a saber very soon!

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 09:21:10 PM »

@ Dark Path Media,

Thank you for the update on the font.  Patience is not my strong point so the update is greatly appreciated.
 If you do try out the fonts I "tweaked", don't forget to turn down SPIN and STAB sensitivity.
Also remember these are heavily influenced by my four year old son. He is just learning so we have his sensitivity set all the way up.  The sounds are the reward he gets for doing movements correctly.
  Also to any one whom hears something of theirs in these fonts... thank you for your help in getting started. I hope  everyone finds something in here they like or can use to start something more to your tastes.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 10:22:16 PM »

I forgot to state,  notes on any possible improvements are very welcome!

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2019, 12:35:53 AM »

Take your time DPM, I'm sure the final product will be well worth the wait.  Even while watching the preview video I began forming ideas for at least three somewhat thematic versions of this font that I think would go well on a few of my sabers and I'm sure the effects you release will make them even better than I could envision.  Thanks once again for taking the time and sharing your hard work with us, it is very much appreciated!

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2019, 06:37:32 PM »

So DPM, any updates this week?
 Or should I just hurry up and wait?

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2019, 07:07:09 PM »

So DPM, any updates this week?
 Or should I just hurry up and wait?

LED effects / lighting for the entire package is nearly complete. I will be dropping a video today showing the font loaded onto and working on a saber Smiley

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2019, 10:15:16 PM »

You, are the best Grin
 Last night I found out Metallica is making their own beer.
It's called Enter Night. Have you seen it?
I might need to send you some.
 Thank you for the update.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2019, 01:06:35 AM »

Here is a video of "Lightning" installed and working on my Diamond Guardian saber...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDOsIE_Rdxs&amp;t=213s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDOsIE_Rdxs&amp;t=213s</a>

[External Link] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDOsIE_Rdxs&t=213s

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2019, 08:14:55 AM »

Outstanding DPM!

-1 man. Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: