Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Coming Soon: "Lightning" Metallica-Themed Sound Font (Preview Video)  (Read 15749 times)
ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2019, 11:07:55 AM »

Looks and sounds awesome so far!  Can't wait to see the finished product.  Also, I am super jealous of your collection of signature ESPs.  Setting most of the video in front of the Explorer and V was an excellent choice.  Smiley

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2019, 12:59:53 PM »

Looks and sounds awesome so far!  Can't wait to see the finished product.

You're looking at it in that video, my friend Smiley

Also, I am super jealous of your collection of signature ESPs.  Setting most of the video in front of the Explorer and V was an excellent choice.  Smiley

I play the role of Hetfield in a Metallica tribute band, so it has provided me with some level of justification (in my own mind at least) to grab his signature guitars over the years.

I figure that if I'm showcasing a Metallica sound font, might as well have Metallica guitars in the background Grin I showed off the Snakebyte and the Vulture in the "Hardwired" video, so needed to show some love to the old school guitars.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 09:51:47 PM »

YES!!!

I have a Diamond Guardian and now I want this font even more!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 09:32:00 PM »

I have lost the will to live.  Simply nothing more to give.  There is nothing more for me....I needed LIGHTNING TO SET ME FREE!!!!!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2019, 11:56:24 PM »

I apologize for the delay and extended absence folks. I had to go out of town for awhile, out of the country actually; and I've been buried in pre-production for a big show coming up this Friday since I got back.

I have another big show to prepare for with a different band 2 weeks after that. So, what I think I'll do is make the font package available here on its own without the customary accompanying video.

Just about everything is done, and it's the video that will take more time. Most of you probably don't need the tutorial anyway, and for anyone who does; it will follow a couple weeks later  Smiley

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 05:40:30 PM »

Welcome back!  I hope you get to take a break soon...
I can hardly wait for the hardwired vs lightning saber battles that are to come! I might have to make my first video,  my son and I sparring with these two fonts.

No apology is needed for your short absence.  You only need to apologize for setting the bar so high with awesome and professional fonts!!!

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2019, 04:20:32 PM »

I'm sorry if I am coming across as pushy. I'm just really looking forward to this font! Do you have any updates about it?
 I hope you are doing well and finally got some  rest.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2019, 01:37:13 AM »

I'm sorry if I am coming across as pushy. I'm just really looking forward to this font! Do you have any updates about it?
 I hope you are doing well and finally got some  rest.

You are not alone. This font will be epic.

I hope DPM is okay.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2019, 01:12:44 PM »

Looks like you've been busy in a good way, DPM.  Hope you guys get to enjoy your big show, we'll be here when you get back.  Smiley

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2019, 12:03:52 PM »

All is well. Just finished up the second of those 2 big shows Saturday night. Sunday, it was evident that I was physically and mentally drained. I just sort of shut down and slept Lol. The shows themselves were the fun part; it was all of the prep work, promotions, etc. that took all the time. In the end, it worked out - both shows were well attended and well executed Smiley

Here is an example of the some of promo work that had to be done in advance:

Unforgiven / Chicago Sanitarium:

Teaser

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ehJ-8k3Kg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ehJ-8k3Kg</a>

Promo # 1

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4si2V8KORQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4si2V8KORQ</a>

Promo # 2

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0VYbMkaH8&amp;t=12s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky0VYbMkaH8&amp;t=12s</a>

The Outlaw Gentlemen:

Promo # 1

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjI3lf9l2lk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjI3lf9l2lk</a>

About the font, I'm now backlogged in producing video for both shows, BUT I'm not under a time constraint on that like I was with the shows themselves. I'll be at Star Wars Celebration here in Chicago Friday and Saturday, so there won't be much traction on the font this weekend, but I'll put in some work on it the next couple nights Smiley

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2019, 12:30:50 PM »

Thank you for the update.
Sorry I can't just patently wait. I have been trying!  I have been making fonts to distract myself, but that only works for a little while. Please ignore me in the future.  The font will be here when it gets here!
 Good promos! If I lived in the area I would have been there. Enjoy the up coming weekend. Your plans sound a lot more fun than mine.
  I think I'll distract myself next by "attempting" a music font of my own. I'm thinking Bad Brains. A song off The youth are getting restless album. Seems fitting.
Thank you again for the update.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2019, 02:03:23 PM »

@Dark Path Media,
 I have a new found respect for your font making abilities.  I also have a new found appreciation for your music fonts. I tried the Bad Brains idea I had and failed. I'm leaving song and music fonts alone!

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2019, 10:22:45 PM »

@Dark Path Media,
 I have a new found respect for your font making abilities.  I also have a new found appreciation for your music fonts. I tried the Bad Brains idea I had and failed. I'm leaving song and music fonts alone!

Thank you sir Smiley However, it's really just a different type of audio manipulation. Working with music for fonts is basically precise cutting, whereas conventional fonts involve more mixing. It's just like when you have to cut a longer song down into a shorter "radio mix" or something; you have to cut precisely on the beats and do so in places where you're not cutting off a guitar riff or cymbal decay. You have to pay attention to the time signature of the song and make your cuts so that the transitions are undetectable, on time and seem like they were recorded that way.

Also don't forget that sometimes you just can't use certain parts no matter what you do. There will be 183 sound files included in the "Lightning" package, but more than double that were left on the "cutting room floor" so to speak. I picked all the parts I wanted from the entirety of "Ride the Lightning", extracted them from the songs with rough cuts, then went to work with the precise cuts; and... less than half of them were useable. So, don't be discouraged if some stuff doesn't work because that's the case about half the time.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2019, 10:35:18 PM »

A quick update on the "Lightning" font...

I had finished the core font file awhile ago now, including all of the LED effects. However, as has been the case with my first two fonts, there are several more sounds in the total package than can be utilized in a font file; in this case, 183 sounds. For example, there are 22 different "Hum" sounds in this package, 5 boots, 5 force, 12 combos, etc. I wanted to be able to provide individual effects files (.peff) with the associated LED effects for all of the sounds, which has been a heck of a task, but... I just finished all of them this week.

I have determined that RGBW vs RGBA is not an issue with the color scheme of this font, so I don't need to go through and create all of the effect files again to suit RGBA, which is nice Smiley

So, all I need to do is shoot and produce the video for the release. Since there have been two full tutorial videos already ("Son of Darkness" and "Hardwired"), this video will likely just be the "effects showcase".

I'm off to Star Wars Celebration a few short hours from now, so it will sit for a couple days. However, I'll resume production on Sunday and it shouldn't be long!

Thank you all for your patience on this one. I bit off more than I could chew there for about a month, and I know it has taken longer than usual.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2019, 09:56:05 AM »

22 hums? That is what I meant about setting the bar to high!
  Please take your time. Your fonts are worth paying for and you generously offer them for free. This beggar is not going to be choosy about the release date. I am going nuts with anticipation  though.

Your advice about font creation is good and appreciated advice.  I'm not going to take it though! I'm just going to leave the super professional fonts to you.  I'm totally happy making mediocre fonts no one asked for!
  "MEDIOCRE" I just got another font idea. I'll be back to bug you later.
Enjoy your weekend.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: